Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-05-2012, 03:27 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Saw on Cave's twitter that their anniversary is coming up. Sounds like there may be a sale then. I remember picking up my 1st Cave then...Bug Panic for 0.99.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:52 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Its not bad. Is my impression. I actually like this type of bullet hell. Since it gives you a different approach to the genre [vs ddp or shogun - which are more intense or "pro" I guess you can say in a way]. Those, I tend to play in spurts here and there. This is more of a relax play for me. And I feel I can definitely play it longer than the above mentioned types. I think someone stated it before, that its a good mesh of simplicity and complexity. That is what I enjoy about this.

The part I wish was different, is defintely the graphics. It is quite a bit disaprity vs caves "HD" counter parts - I know this is different than their ios counterparts, which started on iphone etc, and later got the HD update. I got that. Its just when they state universal with great resolution graphics,it is very easy to have high hopes, and see the less then stellar graphics. And I do also understand the want to keep everything smooth vs having higher graphics etc as well. But Given what they had brought into this genre [ddp, esp hd etc], I do think its highly possibly to couple high graphics with intense action. So that was a bit of a downer for me. The only other thing would be, a quick main menu button. If your just starting the game up, and want to go into menu to change something, there is like 5 backs before going to main, then if you have a change of a heart before starting, another slouge of back buttons. Just a little thing I saw, nothing too big. Overall love the gameplay, and it is fun, just wish the graphics backed it up, and I WOULD have paid a few more bucks for the higher graphics. But with what people were saying that an HD was not likely, I opted to buy now =/ its unfortunate that if they DO have an HD, you would need to pay a decent chunk of cash instead of updating the current version for their loyal fanbase. Which as another have stated, does leave a bit of a bad aftertaste.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:58 AM

It's finally here! I've been waiting for this ever since Cave first ported ESPAGALUDA II 2 years ago.

Instant buy.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:55 AM

Default Game Impressions

As all others: not "HD-hyper-grafix" in my face, but it's a great game (moreso than the first Bug Princess), lots of stuff happening, the scoring system is good but not too complex (it's not the DoDonPachi or EspGaluda ones), and Queen Larsa is a grade-A bitch.

I noticed a few things:
- definitely take the abnormal shots. Sure, they're more concentrated/random, but the extra firepower is a "lives" saver for bosses.
- the tutorial messed up a big part: blue counter, you must shoot the lasers, green counter, the shots. This way, you get bigger gems => bigger counter => bigger score. It's actually quite fun, and it's the first time I'm interested in scoring.
- LAAAAAARSAAAAAAA! Seriously, I'm used to "I can 1cc this except the last level", but this bitch makes me auto-bomb like mad. I should probably learn to use them manually (also, auto-bombing erases the counter, so for scoring, it's better to disable it and just lose a life).

All in all, I don't miss the HD part and special smartphone modes. I do hope that a Black Label IAP is planned somewhere (even at 5 bucks. It's almost a whole new game, so I wouldn't be mad by it).
Old 04-05-2012, 04:56 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

So stoked to see this. I already have on the x360, but its great to have for on the go.

Hoping the 2nd game they announce will be muchi muchi pork. Or ketsui. If its either of them, i'll prob cream my pants.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:10 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchyant View Post
So stoked to see this. I already have on the x360, but its great to have for on the go.

Hoping the 2nd game they announce will be muchi muchi pork. Or ketsui. If its either of them, i'll prob cream my pants.
I'd be screaming like a Japanese teenage girl.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:28 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

I still can't see Ketsui's scoring system translating to iOS very well.

Does this have the same 'Difficulty affects scoring' that Bug Princess had on here? Go hell or go home.

Last edited by Vally; 04-05-2012 at 05:32 AM..
Old 04-05-2012, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchyant View Post
Or Dangun Feveron (ok, it's a bit old, but still), or Akai Katana.

OKAY, just release the damn things, I'll instabuy them as usual. I even caved in for the HD versions of EspGaluda and DoDonPachi yesterday, couldn't hold off until the maybe-sale of the 2-year anniversary.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:06 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vally View Post
I still can't see Ketsui's scoring system translating to iOS very well.
Agreed. Awesome game though, but i can't see it being ported in reality.

MMP though, would translate to similar controls as this Futari version. Nothing like plump pig chicks on flying motos for a bit of high scoring fun.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:08 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudgenudge View Post
Or Dangun Feveron (ok, it's a bit old, but still), or Akai
dangun is a lot of fun. Really, just stoked and amazed at all the love Cave is giving ios.