Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-10-2012, 02:00 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimEggers View Post
The tough thing about Critic reviews is that developers are looking to get the most and best exposure of the first version of their product.

While I love SMRPG v1.0, I can tell that you guys have really taken feedback to heart and already have updates planned that will really enhance the overall product.

Hopefully the critics will update reviews as games get updates (something I'm sure the critics wish they had time for).

At the end of the day 4 out of 5 for the first roll out? Yeah you guys really deserve it! Congrats!
I thought it deserved a 4.5/5 at least. The game title is exactly what you should expect! A game similar and as random/odd as a saturday morning cartoon!
Old 04-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Nice review on the front page. Sums it up pretty much perfectly. I really love this game and can't wait for more episodes. Keep feeding me nostalgia and I'll keep throwing you money. :-)
Old 04-10-2012, 02:47 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdragoon19 View Post
I thought it deserved a 4.5/5 at least. The game title is exactly what you should expect! A game similar and as random/odd as a saturday morning cartoon!
Agreed, me too.

The point I wanted to make was if it is already a 4/5 game, can you imagine how awesome its only going to get when Mighty Rabbit can add the features they've already discussed?

Damn, goodbye Summer. Awesome.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:50 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

As a heads up - Vince DiCola and Kenny Meriedeth will be releasing a Soundtrack for the game that you'll be able to buy through their website (and hopefully iTunes). No idea when that'll be out, though.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:57 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

A new notebook cover is forthcoming from our friends at MegaCynics -

Old 04-10-2012, 06:10 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Haha, that's totally the same background from the saved by the bell intro.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRabbitJosh View Post
A new notebook cover is forthcoming from our friends at MegaCynics -

Sweet. More content the better :-)
Old 04-10-2012, 09:37 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRabbitJosh View Post
As a heads up - Vince DiCola and Kenny Meriedeth will be releasing a Soundtrack for the game that you'll be able to buy through their website (and hopefully iTunes). No idea when that'll be out, though.

nice, definitively buying that.

btw, do you guys look at your own forums? posted couple things there but no responses...
Old 04-11-2012, 01:33 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

I have to say that I had a lot more fun with this game than I anticipated. Great work devs! I will say that I felt a lot of the weapons were basically useless because they were too hard to use effectively or just not consistent enough. I mostly used the share bear and the MJ glove. A little balance tweaking to the q/t battle system wouldn't hurt, but it didn't bother me too much.

I'm no analyst and don't have an insider understanding of the industry. But I wonder if a .99 cost and .99 for additional episodes would be more profitable for you guys. I'm guessing that a significant majority of your audience wouldn't have thought twice about dropping a buck on the game, and I almost never have a problem paying another dollar for additional content for a game I really enjoy(that is actual content and not consumable IAP). I think at least part of the problem with free + IAP unlock is that it skews your real audience. I think it's a psychological block that we have. It's easier to pay 1 dollar twice than it is to get something free and then pay 2 dollars for seconds. Honestly I considered waiting to see how the pricing model for additional episodes panned out before paying, but decided that the quality was good enough that it deserved my money. I certainly feel like I have gotten my money's worth out of the content so far.

Either way I think the season pass is a good idea. I'd really like to see this succeed because I know I would like to play a lot more episodes.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:00 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

They are supposedly already hoping to adjust the battle sliders a bit (a welcome improvement).

I tyipically use the Scirssors and Laser Disc. SO many weapons to try...

Homeless Man and Caveman Riding a Dinosaur...yes this is the greatest game ever made!