• Publisher: UNCADE
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 41.4 MB
  • Version: 1.08
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The most explosive game on the App Store!

"The game's sporting, arcade and action ingredients quickly blend into an enticing peanut butter and jam sandwich experience, which is to say that it shouldn't work, but it does. It's a lot of fun." - Eurogamer

"Blast Ball's joyously kinetic gameplay and simple premise make it instantly gratifying" - PocketGamer

"Blast Ball is simply a brilliant game taking the best of some well-known ideas, and crunching them into a unique formula. Playable, addictive and sheer fun." - TouchGen

"Blast Ball proves that soccer would be infinitely more enjoyable if there were monsters chasing the players" - Modojo

"Any fans of arcade platformers, or hardcore high score titles should definitely give Blast Ball a shot" - AppTudes

"We dig Blast Ball's old school vector graphics style. The game also scores bonus points for being iCade compatible." - IGN

Blast Soccer combines intense arcade gameplay, gorgeous retro style, soccer and explosions into one of the best gaming experiences on the iPhone or iPad.

Score goals as fast as you can while blowing up your enemies! Avoid the ever increasing volley of bad guys as you score with soccer balls, footballs, basketballs, and Blast Balls. Complete missions to unlock new ball types such as the disco ball, mega ducky, and the cube.

Blast Soccer's unique retro vector art style will take you back to the arcades golden days. With iCade compatibility, you can bring the arcade back home!

Features:
- Gorgeous retro style
- Game Center leaderboards and achievements
- Complete missions to unlock new balls and power-ups
- 3 unique stadiums, plus 2 more via In App Purchase
- Over a dozen different ball types
- iCade compatible
- EXPLOSIONS!

*** This game does not support 1st and 2nd generation devices. It supports the iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3rd gen (32gb), iPad 1 and up.

Echoseven's comments:

04-07-2012, 11:59 AM
This is an awesome game!

Cannot blame the devs because of the nature of the appstore. This is a business, im sure they rather be selling higher but they gotta do what they gotta do so im guessing is better not to take it personal.
04-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncade View Post
I understand this sentiment and won't make the same mistake again. Sales at 2.99 have been less than stellar, and unfortunately it was obvious I had to drop the price. I really wanted to avoid the $.99 price point, but it seems like it's unavoidable with how the app store works right now. Anyone who bought it at $2.99, feel free to PM me with your Game Center name, and I'll be sure to give you a promo code to my next release for free.
Awesome service. Looked at this yesterday, and figured it would be cheap soon. A no name special looking game needs to be $0.99 these days for most people to jump aboard. Hitting the buy button... NOW. :-)

04-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncade View Post
I understand this sentiment and won't make the same mistake again. Sales at 2.99 have been less than stellar, and unfortunately it was obvious I had to drop the price. I really wanted to avoid the $.99 price point, but it seems like it's unavoidable with how the app store works right now. Anyone who bought it at $2.99, feel free to PM me with your Game Center name, and I'll be sure to give you a promo code to my next release for free.
Excellent game, bought at full price, totally worth it. I wish it would have been noticed at $3, as I'm sure you do too, but such is life on the app store.

Get this people and help a brutha out by posting an honest review on the app store.

Super Crate Box Footie, FTW!!!

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
04-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
See that's the thing. With so many releases this week, this went totally unnoticed (maybe because of the nature of the game itself, or because of the price-point), and that's a damn shame, because this is fan-****ing-tastic. Gabrien, I know your stance on these things, but make an exception for this game... believe me, it's worth owning.
Couldn't say it better. Really support these devs even with the price drop, then again I got a promo for this, but still. Awesome game that is a steal for a buck. Cmon gabrien, make an exception, they had no choice.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
04-07-2012, 03:37 PM
It's a really nice game, hectic, fun, and a great graphical style.

I really don't understand why an issue should be made about the price drop after a couple of days. If the game doesn't currently sell well at a higher price point, there is no point in staying there.

After what is many, many countless hours of work, it is pretty demoralising to see almost no attention being paid to something that has had plenty of love put into every crack of the game, as can clearly be seen in Blast Ball.

This game deserves more attention compared to most of what has been released.

I truly hope the drop in price increases your sales.

Developer of Explodables.
04-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the support guys, it's much appreciated. I'm really glad people seem like the game, right now it's just a matter of exposure. To give a bit of perspective on sales, I sold exactly 7 copies yesterday, which was disappointing to say the least. The price drop has resulted in the rankings going up a bit, so it should hopefully be better going forward.
04-08-2012, 07:08 AM
damnit that sucks. Haunted Hallway was pretty damn decent... but what really stood out with HH was the support you gave it post-release.

Just picked this up, installing it now. Don't know how it slipped by me this week...

Anywho... wish you the best of luck, and I hope sales pick up. =o/

**edit**

just started playing, and WOW!! I can tell this is gonna keep me hooked for a while. definitely a nice take on the SCB gameplay. =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Flint Glass

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 04-08-2012 at 07:34 AM.
04-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Back again after having tried the game.

Damn I really enjoy this game. Perfect controls and speed. Awesome chiptune track (we need more songs NAOW).

This is Super Crate Box with a football, and I love it. Wohoo.
04-08-2012, 03:34 PM
Wow those numbers suck... Well hope you can sell more copies now with the price drop!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
04-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Wow those numbers suck... Well hope you can sell more copies now with the price drop!
It's doing much better after the price drop

It was also featured as eurogamer's app of the day today, which was really awesome!
eurogamer review

Last edited by Uncade; 04-08-2012 at 04:06 PM.