Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-04-2012, 09:15 AM

Default Peakour™ for iPhone/iPod - (By Gotta Pea, LLC)

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-05-2012 at 05:24 AM..
Old 04-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Darn it, I thought that said parkour.

Game doesn't look half bad though.

EDIT: I guess it is a parkour game, just without humans....

Last edited by crex; 04-04-2012 at 06:40 PM..
Old 04-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

You play as a pea that can do parkour? I just don't get it. Peas don't even have arms and legs so how are they supposed to do parkour? And if they could do parkour then why would they do it? Surely their spherical bodies would be more suited to rolling around? The premise of this game is dumb.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:15 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
You play as a pea that can do parkour? I just don't get it. Peas don't even have arms and legs so how are they supposed to do parkour? And if they could do parkour then why would they do it? Surely their spherical bodies would be more suited to rolling around? The premise of this game is dumb.
Being a long-time veteran of this site, I'm sure you're aware that 90% of iPhone games revolve around a dumb premise.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:35 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Let's face it, dumb premises sell. I'm mean just look at games like Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope, Where's My Water, Tiny Wings. They all have completely absurd premises, but they are extremely popular.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Being a long-time veteran of this site, I'm sure you're aware that 90% of iPhone games revolve around a dumb premise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by legowiz View Post
Let's face it, dumb premises sell. I'm mean just look at games like Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope, Where's My Water, Tiny Wings. They all have completely absurd premises, but they are extremely popular.
Yeah, you are both correct. It's just that this game seems especially dumb. Birds make good cutsie characters, but a frickin' pea with arms and legs? Seems like something from Japan. What's next, rolling oranges with faces that disintegrate when exposed to acid rain? Oh wait, that's been done already. Not to worry, I'm sure there are plenty of other batshit crazy ideas out there.
Old 04-04-2012, 06:38 PM

LBG, I worked on Peakour. As far as a dumb premise goes, other franchises have become stupidly famous and make even less sense then Peakour. If you read the bio or watch the video you'll understand why the peas have arms and legs, it is all explained.

Also, the game IS quite a bit of fun, I don't usually play casual games like this one and I actually enjoy playing Peakour. Sure that's coming from someone who helped build the game, but I'm being honest. Try the game before you knock it though, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Any other questions or comments and I'd be glad to answer them.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:07 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Honestly, this looks great and it's my type of game judging from the screenshots and the description.

However, I am disappointed that there is no Game Center.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

As a pro with over 10 years experience in mobile games, I've looked everywhere for your trailer and have yet to find it. Interesting premise, but I'd suggest when promoting a game title, you actually show game play to entice players. Just a Pro-tip.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:49 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Default Pro tip & thank you for the input everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpanky View Post
As a pro with over 10 years experience in mobile games, I've looked everywhere for your trailer and have yet to find it. Interesting premise, but I'd suggest when promoting a game title, you actually show game play to entice players. Just a Pro-tip.
As a first time developer/creator with 9 months experience, I really appreciate constructive criticism from people like yourself. This is a brand new property and new to everything. We have learned so much developing this game and the next game in development is a product of the things we are learning and have heard from people like yourself.

The trailers and othe gameplay videos can be found at [url]www.gottapea.com/Peakour-game/[/url] or our YouTube channel at [url]www.YouTube.com/gottapeagames[/url].

I appreciate everyone's comments good or bad, it will only make our next game even better! Hope that helped. We unfortunately don't control what the publishers distribute. Peas out!