★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gotta Pea, LLC
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 128.1 MB
  • Version: 1.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Take on the role of PeaG as he skillfully manuevers through 100 challenging parkour puzzles while avoiding the ZomPeas. Position bits of junk with varying shapes and physical attributes to manipulate PeaG to perform cool tic-tacs, back-flips, rolls, cat leaps, grinds, vaults and spring jumps. Best of all, collect 250 bottle caps and create your own levels to share with friends and other players.

AppChronicles.com -"Peakour deserves a download not only for the amazingly awesome concept, but also for the wonderfully thought out game it is."

USA TODAY - "Visually, the game boasts high-resolution graphics and some of the smoothest animation seen in an iOS game to date. PeaG's movements are incredibly fluid as he runs, rolls, dives and backflips through the perilous environments.

"For less than a dollar, there's quite a bit of charming and challenging gameplay to be found in Peakour HD for iPad."

G4TV.com:Knuckles Up - "Peakour has a lot of fun physics and some good challenges within, so if youre into puzzles, give it a whirl."

Wired.com:GeekDad - "Its a little different from some physics-based puzzlers like Crayon Physics, where a ball just rolls down the path of least resistance. The pea will actually jump when it gets to the edge of a platform, and various moves allow it to change direction or go over certain obstacles. It takes some trial and error to get where youre going.
Theres a whole bunch of levels to keep you busy, particularly if youre going after all the bottle caps."

BlastMagazine.com - "It makes for a great pick-up-and play game thats actually pretty inexpensive for the amount of content you get. Dont judge Peakour by its looks and frivolous jokes this smart little game is definitely not for peabrains."

Famigo.com "Score 4/5 Star Review: Peakour is a very unique gaming experience. The theme is very cute as a pea attempts to get from one side of the level to the other. Gameplay is fun and the music is catchy."

Best10apps.com Score 4.5/5: Peakour is a challenging game that provides you a bigger, better gaming experience. It's your must have puzzle game. The perfect amount of content will attract you, you will find you totally get into this game.

148apps.com The refusal to adhere to the expected norm is what makes Peakour special. Rather than control the little jumping (and flipping, and wall-running) bean, they have to piece together a course and watch him run through it automatically.

Gamezebo.com A very functional puzzler with a good amount of content and a style of play that lends itself well to pick-up-and-play.

Softonic.com Peakour is a fun puzzle game that illustrates a different gameplay experience.

FamilyfFriendlyGaming.com I know it can be difficult to come up with a completely new mascot. We have plumbers, hedgehogs, bandicoots, cats, dogs, bird, and more in the industry. So I give Peakour points for creativity, and trying something really different. I believe there is an audience out there for this app.

Game Features:
100 levels, 4 worlds
Realistic physics
Amazing graphics and animations
Fun achievements
Leaderboard
Individual profiles for multi-household playing
Unlock level creator to create your own level & share with others

Follow us for Peakour updates and more information on upcoming games.
http://www.facebook.com/gottapeas
http://www.twitter.com/gottapea

Sanuku's comments:

04-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Darn it, I thought that said parkour.

Game doesn't look half bad though.

EDIT: I guess it is a parkour game, just without humans....

MADE THE FRONT PAGE ON TA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin2898 View Post
True Words Spoken By The Great Crex.

Last edited by crex; 04-04-2012 at 06:40 PM.

04-04-2012, 05:06 PM
You play as a pea that can do parkour? I just don't get it. Peas don't even have arms and legs so how are they supposed to do parkour? And if they could do parkour then why would they do it? Surely their spherical bodies would be more suited to rolling around? The premise of this game is dumb.

Hakuna Matata
04-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
You play as a pea that can do parkour? I just don't get it. Peas don't even have arms and legs so how are they supposed to do parkour? And if they could do parkour then why would they do it? Surely their spherical bodies would be more suited to rolling around? The premise of this game is dumb.
Being a long-time veteran of this site, I'm sure you're aware that 90% of iPhone games revolve around a dumb premise.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
04-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
Let's face it, dumb premises sell. I'm mean just look at games like Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope, Where's My Water, Tiny Wings. They all have completely absurd premises, but they are extremely popular.

Playing:|Roboto|Cordy|QuBit|Amazing Breaker|Awesome Saucer|Groove Coaster|Gesundheit!|
Favorites:|PoP:WW|Infinity Blade|World of Goo|Phoenix|Danmaku|PewPew2|Alien Space Retro|Battleheart|Gears| LGR2|iDaTank|PvZ|ME|To-Fu|Anodia|Lego HP|Fruit Ninja|I Dig It 2|Soosiz|
04-04-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Being a long-time veteran of this site, I'm sure you're aware that 90% of iPhone games revolve around a dumb premise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by legowiz View Post
Let's face it, dumb premises sell. I'm mean just look at games like Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope, Where's My Water, Tiny Wings. They all have completely absurd premises, but they are extremely popular.
Yeah, you are both correct. It's just that this game seems especially dumb. Birds make good cutsie characters, but a frickin' pea with arms and legs? Seems like something from Japan. What's next, rolling oranges with faces that disintegrate when exposed to acid rain? Oh wait, that's been done already. Not to worry, I'm sure there are plenty of other batshit crazy ideas out there.

Hakuna Matata
04-04-2012, 06:38 PM
LBG, I worked on Peakour. As far as a dumb premise goes, other franchises have become stupidly famous and make even less sense then Peakour. If you read the bio or watch the video you'll understand why the peas have arms and legs, it is all explained.

Also, the game IS quite a bit of fun, I don't usually play casual games like this one and I actually enjoy playing Peakour. Sure that's coming from someone who helped build the game, but I'm being honest. Try the game before you knock it though, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Any other questions or comments and I'd be glad to answer them.
04-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Honestly, this looks great and it's my type of game judging from the screenshots and the description.

However, I am disappointed that there is no Game Center.

175,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Add me on Game Center-Send a pm.
Tim Cook rocks.
04-05-2012, 12:06 AM
As a pro with over 10 years experience in mobile games, I've looked everywhere for your trailer and have yet to find it. Interesting premise, but I'd suggest when promoting a game title, you actually show game play to entice players. Just a Pro-tip.
04-05-2012, 01:49 AM
Pro tip & thank you for the input everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpanky View Post
As a pro with over 10 years experience in mobile games, I've looked everywhere for your trailer and have yet to find it. Interesting premise, but I'd suggest when promoting a game title, you actually show game play to entice players. Just a Pro-tip.
As a first time developer/creator with 9 months experience, I really appreciate constructive criticism from people like yourself. This is a brand new property and new to everything. We have learned so much developing this game and the next game in development is a product of the things we are learning and have heard from people like yourself.

The trailers and othe gameplay videos can be found at www.gottapea.com/Peakour-game/ or our YouTube channel at www.YouTube.com/gottapeagames.

I appreciate everyone's comments good or bad, it will only make our next game even better! Hope that helped. We unfortunately don't control what the publishers distribute. Peas out!