Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-04-2012, 09:23 AM

Default Buddy Bones - (by eMGee)

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 10.5 MB.

Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99

Requirements : Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later.
Quote:
*INTRODUCTORY OFFER!* For a limited time, try Buddy Bones for just 99¢!

eMGee proudly introduces Buddy Bones, the first turn-based dominoes app that allows you to play against your buddies. Buddy Bones was designed to bring the sense of camaraderie and competition once found around kitchen and park bench tables to your favorite Apple mobile device. Connect with buddies around the world or develop new relationships within our BuddyNetwork. Buddy Bones' unique features truly make this a one-of-a-kind gaming experience. “Get a Game” and see why Buddy Bones is rapidly becoming the must have app of 2012!

WARNING: HIGHLY ADDICTIVE! May cause sleepless nights, jealous behavior or disrupt punctuality. Please play responsibly.

Features:
• Turn-Based Gameplay – fast-paced gameplay designed to play at your convenience, whether you only have a minute available, or an hour to kill.
• BuddyNetwork - our in-game social network allows you to connect with buddies around the globe, both old and new. Navigate through your buddy’s profiles to find new, existing and long lost pals and competitors.
• Play against a random opponent - there is ALWAYS a way to feed your addiction to Buddy Bones.
• BuddyFication - Personalize your gaming experience; alternate between backgrounds and bones to create your favorite “kit”.
• Rewards – reach new classes to unlock exclusive content.
• BuddyStats - What good is a competitive game if you can’t track your wins and losses? BuddyStats allows you to monitor your overall record and rank, as well as your individual records against those you’ve labeled a “buddy”. You can also navigate through your buddies’ stats and see how they progress and compare to yours.
• BuddyChat - in-game chat that allows you to message one another without leaving the app. Our quicker gameplay means more moves, which means more messages, allowing you to stay connected with buddies around the world.

**COMING SOON**
• BuddyMart – in-app store where users can purchase additional boards and bones.
• Enhanced BuddyNetwork
• More refined Stats
• Additional sound effects

Note:
• Network connection is required. iPod Touch® requires WiFi connection.
• Requires iOS 3.1.2 or later.
• Runs on iPhone 3GS®, iPhone 4®, iPhone 4S®, iPod Touch® 3rd or 4th gen, iPad® and iPad 2®.

Rate Us! If you like what we're doing with Buddy Bones, rate us 5 stars in the App Store so we can continue to make Buddy Bones a classic for years to come.

Got feedback? We'd love to hear it. Hit us up at support@buddybones.com.

Invite your friends to join the craze that’s SWEEPING THE NATION!

Now join the BuddyNetwork and GET A GAME!!
Screenshots:

Old 04-04-2012, 08:30 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I am highly interested... but what variation of the game is this? Cause almost every app on the store gets bones wrong somehow.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:29 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

That's a pretty quick sale! Now free! $0.99-->$0.00
Old 04-05-2012, 07:36 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
That's a pretty quick sale! Now free! $0.99-->$0.00
And it said it was at an "introductory offer" for just 99c.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Here is a great way to make a million dollars, make a dominoe game with turn based gameplay, but instead of having a stupid proprietary "buddy network" make it easier to play by allowing play against Facebook and android People and call it dominoes with friends.

Seriously why do people make a game like this and shoot themselves in the foot by not including play against Facebook friends. Are developers that dumb or do they not want to make money? Don't agree with me? Then go take a look at draw something and charadium. Then youll see my point.

Last edited by the9quad; 04-05-2012 at 07:53 PM..
Old 04-05-2012, 08:02 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
Seriously why do people make a game like this and shoot themselves in the foot by not including play against Facebook friends. Are developers that dumb or do they not want to make money? Don't agree with me? Then go take a look at draw something and charadium. Then youll see my point.
I agree and I don't. Personally, I'm happy they didn't link it to Facebook. I don't have it for my own reasons. I'm glad they didn't tie the multiplayer to it. But, I was kind of annoyed to have to sign up for yet another social gaming network. I can't even count the number of different networks I've had to sign up for to play games. It's getting out of control.

However, I do think it's dumb that they didn't take advantage of Game Center. The only reason that I can think they would use their own servers is so they can do cross platform gameplay.