★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Puncho Fighto is classic 2D fighting reimagined for the touch screen.

Moves are performed by tapping and swiping on the screen. Special moves are two-part swipes; i.e., swiping down and then towards your opponent will perform Zong's fireball. You'll get the hang of it fast - it's a cool alternative to on-screen buttons and it feels natural with a little practice. Check the move lists in the help menu for details.

Although it's not as sophisticated as some modern fighting games, Puncho was made with love and is unique enough to keep you interested for a while.

There are three gameplay modes:

1. Story mode - a single-player battle versus 5 opponents with 5 AI difficulty levels

2. Two-player mode - play against a friend on the same device using split-screen (works best on iPad)

3. Online mode - use game center to play against anyone in the world

Note: The character story lines will probably never be finished - sorry!

Note 2: Online multiplayer works well on a fast connection but should be considered in beta otherwise.

Note 3: The game now uses analytics to track a small amount of anonymous data - basically just so I can tell how many people are playing.

Note 4: Puncho Fighto is now a free, ad supported game! If you paid for the game, you can disable ads for free - please email support@punchofighto.com to find out how. OR disable ads for $0.99 in the Options menu!

Thanks to everybody who has downloaded, reviewed and even paid for my game!

big friendly giant's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Hi everyone, I'm the developer of this game. I wanted to make a fighting game that was ground-up designed for the touch screen, so you use gestures and swipes to jump around and do special moves. I think/hope it turned out to be a unique little casual fighter. Sorry for the crappy video quality, my computer is not fast enough to run the game very well let alone record it at the same time. Feedback would be much appreciated.

Here's some promo codes:

NRXAPNPPWTM3
NR4MKNEEF9AA
WMYE7WEJ69KH
Y9KR76NP6RF7
AMK6LJ4WM79A

Thanks!
04-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Hi, I'm very sorry for this bump which I know is against the rules, but my thread seems to have skipped the front page due to a long wait for moderator approval (it had 0 views when I found it on page 5 just now). To make this less egregious, here's a link to the game's website which has no extra details: http://punchofighto.com. If I am in error and it's just that nobody was interested, please continue playing Street Fighter IV Volt.

04-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Game Impressions

04-07-2012, 05:16 PM
Took NRXAPNPPWTM3, thanks!

Playing Now: Lara Croft Go, Boxy Kingdom, The Shadow Sun
Waiting For: Lumines
GameCenter: -jjj-
04-07-2012, 05:20 PM
I am not into fighting games but I dig the name and the art style, maybe one of the people who loves these games or one of the people who has taken a code will leave a review. Looks like it has some pretty cool features and a very innovative touch mechanic, I hope it does well for you:good luck.
04-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Actually, I'm glad this thread was bumped; I might have never seen it otherwise, and this looks great. Hope to hear feedback from those who've played it, perhaps some of the lucky promo code redeemers.
04-07-2012, 10:38 PM
All codes gone.
04-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
All codes gone.
They were posted 4 days ago!

Game looks interesting ,not sure how well such a control scheme works though, especially if moving the character at the same time.
04-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks guys, it was really cool to see this thread. Sanuku, thanks a lot for the video. I noticed you didn't quite get the hang of the special moves, which is something I was worried about.

For the record, you draw two lines without lifting your finger - like straight down, then straight up, then release does a dragon punch. Or straight down, straight towards the enemy, that kind of thing. It feels pretty natural once you get the hang of it.

On lower levels I play with one finger and just swipe; on higher levels I use the joystick to move and block and only swipe for attacks. It's just like holding a controller except your right thumb swipes instead of presses buttons.

When you get advanced, you can do cool things like draw the shape for a fireball, then hold it until you get in position and release.

I have more promo codes! If you want one, please let me know.

It would be really great to hear some more feedback from people who have played! Thanks again.
04-08-2012, 04:58 PM
Game looks awesome.