Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-08-2012, 02:22 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asasnator View Post
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me this. I currently only have the Boost power-up upgraded, so that is the ONLY power up I can see during a race. I'm wondering if I upgrade other power-ups will they take the place of my Boost power-up during a race? or is it guaranteed that it will either be a Boost or some other power-up? Cause I really don't wanna kill my time on something so small as having some other power-up take the place of the Boost power-up.
You will either get the boost power up or the other one you unlock.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:38 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Then I would really like a setting for us to be able to turn on or off certain power-ups. Because I only really care for the Boost power-up, the coins are nice for when needing trinkets though.

Also, it would be really helpful to ALL the players who are looking for a good score. Because the coin power-up is worthless later in the game, also the shield power-up is no good compared to the Magnetic Force and Boost power-up. This setting would be AMAZING and it would help limit the "luck" you need to be able to get that really good run.

Could simply put a checkmark box right next to each power-up and the ones that are checked will be seen in the level. That simple. =D

Last edited by Asasnator; 04-08-2012 at 03:02 PM..
Old 04-08-2012, 03:45 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

looks very good,i think i'll pick this one up.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Developer

Cool thanks Agas Dont forget to vote if you're enjoying Sky Gnomes!

In regards to powerups, we've set it up in the most unbiased "fair" way we could think of. We didn't want players who want coins or need the shield powerup to be at a disadvantage to those who just care about speed. So, the way the system works is like this....

Each unlocked powerup adds a 25% extra chance to get a powerup in each section of the race. So if you have boost and coins unlocked, you'll have a 50% to get a powerup of any kind in each section. Then, once you collect a powerup it has an even chance of being any one of the ones youve already unlocked.

We did this to prevent "gaming" the system by just buying boost for ex and having a 100% to get boost all the time. We are going to change the descriptions as well to better describe what you're getting.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:52 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Well that still leaves the players who buy only the Boost and Magnetized power-ups at an advantage if they use the Fortune ball completely maxed out. Then that provides 4 or more chances for a power up to spawn on first level, the Mountain level. So players with the fortune ball would have a significantly increased chanced for power ups PLUS they are only Boost or Magnetized. That meaning they could just use boosts through the entire level and get like 8 seconds or something. Though I'm assuming the fortune ball increases all power up chances to spawn from 30% to 50%, the regular + the additional power ups. So a player good at predicting where a power ups will spawn could BLAZE through levels.

Even if having each additional power up increases all of their chances to spawn by 25% by section, it would still be nice to be able to choose what has the chance to spawn. Cause lets say I'm getting a string of coins, but their is a power up coming up, I wouldn't bother getting it if I knew it was going to be a shield power up cause then I would would lose my coins, and spend my time "trying" to get that power up that might not even be worth it. So the way I see it, even if we have a reduced chance to get the powers up by having less of them active. I would still like to choose, so when I see a power up I KNOW its something useful and then I will try to maneuver around to get it.

Last edited by Asasnator; 04-08-2012 at 05:08 PM..
Old 04-08-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
What do you mean -- like, trinkets in general, or you're not sure what some of the specific ones do?

Sorry for the late post, but I think I was trying to say why would one trinket give a boost from gathering snow and while the other one does the same thing. I got confused, but it turned out both trinkts do things differently, one gather snowflakes to build up a boost, while the other give a boost for each snowflake you passed. Just need to read carefully, haha.
Old 04-08-2012, 06:28 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I'm kind of in need of gold now..though its not that big of deal, can get 500+ gold in about 40 seconds doing the night cup. The one issue I do have is that I have 83 nuts, 57 bolts, and 4 gears! like whats up with that? should really make a cap of like 40 nuts and bolts and gears, and once we reach that cap, the "spinning dial" changes to where it only has the last two parts that aren't at 40, and when two of them reach 40, only have that last part be on the dial. Would be a much better way of earning the parts IMO..cause having 83 nuts and 57 bolts while only having 4 gears is ridiculous.

or even a better idea, let us sell the extra parts we don't need for gold. Also let us buy other parts for gold, that would be AWESOME.

Last edited by Asasnator; 04-08-2012 at 06:52 PM..
Old 04-08-2012, 11:11 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Well Mookmonster, I only have your time record left to beat on the Forest Cup. Though it won't be long. ;p
Old 04-08-2012, 11:42 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

oh wow and I just beat it by a full second. =D

haha and Nekcik is right on my tail for almost all of the Cup Leader boards...lol

Last edited by Asasnator; 04-08-2012 at 11:44 PM..
Old 04-08-2012, 11:49 PM

I chilled out for todays tournys....ill be bak!

Honestly, im just going crazy bc pinball arcade update got rejected, and it has two new tables....was rejected bc didnt include a certain update button, even though the previous versions didnt have it.....apple can be sooo capricious sometimes.

Last edited by Mookmonster; 04-08-2012 at 11:55 PM..