Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-18-2012, 09:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Havent heard of that issue -- we'll reimburse your missing coins Monday!
Well, thanks! I appreciate it!
Old 05-19-2012, 02:42 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Oh wow, just downloaded the new update for the game and I'm now not even able to get past the first initial loading screen when clicking on the app. I am using a Ipod 4th Gen with IOS 5.0.1 (I think the newest one released is 5.1, guess I'll try getting that and see if that helps at all)
Old 05-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asasnator View Post
Oh wow, just downloaded the new update for the game and I'm now not even able to get past the first initial loading screen when clicking on the app. I am using a Ipod 4th Gen with IOS 5.0.1 (I think the newest one released is 5.1, guess I'll try getting that and see if that helps at all)
Yeah... Unfortunately an iPod touch 4 and iPad 1 related memory issue slipped through at the last minute. We've already submitted an update that will fix it :/

We're really sorry we let this slip through, but hopefully an apple approval won't be long!
Old 05-19-2012, 03:50 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I finally played a game vs my girlfriend today and noticed that when I completed my first round it did not send a notification to my girlfriend to let her know it's her turn. Was this left out for a reason? I know you guys never said it would have it but I'm wondering why it wasn't added.
It would be nice to play your turn and the other person get notified. Also, how do the new battle trinkets work? my girlfriend hasn't gotten ahead on me in a race for me to be able to use the harpoon or machine guns but does a button appear for me to press? do I have to collect an amount of snowflakes for me to be able to use it?
Thanks for answering these few questions.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Developer

Actually, we DO have push notifications in... for some reason they're not working correctly today (or yesterday), but they should be fixed by Monday for sure! Ordinarily you'll be notified when you its your turn, when you're matched up with someone, and when you win or lose a match.

As for the items, we'll try to make it a little more clear. Most items are either aim based, or auto use. Machine gun for ex shoots straight towards your reticle, so position that over your opponent to shoot... but its relatively weak. With rockets, keep your opponent in your aiming circle for 3 seconds to automatically fire. Harpoon automatically launches when your opponent reaches a certain distance ahead of you, slingshotting you ahead, same with Long Ranger, which does a huge chunk of damage (but again, is only good if your opponent gets pretty far in front of you). Those last 2 are great items to counter someone who had a really good time that you may know you will have trouble beating. Oh, and Electodes automatically blast your opponent when they get too close.

If you notice that your opponent had a "slow" time - something you think you can easily beat without the aid of offensive items - you should deck yourself out with either protective items like shield or armor to ensure they can't hurt your ghost with offensive items during their run, or items that can hit people behind you and make it harder for them to do well, such as with Bombs, Faker Flakes, or Girly's Weather Generator.

Once you're matched up with someone that is more or less on an even skill level, battles get very strategic in the back and forth use of items!
Old 05-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Developer

Quick update... Push Notifications ARE in the game, they're just not working correctly. They will be fixed in the next update.

So just to reiterate, next update will include:
- crash fix for ipod touch 4g and ipad 1
- push notification fix
- a fix that would sometimes cause tournament notifications to not pop up
- greatly reduced memory footprint on all devices
- a couple other fixes

Thanks for you patience guys!
Old 05-22-2012, 10:32 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Thanks for the update. I came here to say that the push notifications were still not working but I see that it will be fixed in the next update which will be great!
Old 05-24-2012, 07:31 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

How do you delete a match in the battle mode?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramon31 View Post
How do you delete a match in the battle mode?
Because the mode is potentially competitive, and due to some otherwise wonky network talk, you can only forfeit a match when it is currently your turn. You will lose Battle Points if you forfeit a gameif at least one person has played a round... for the most part. You can freely cancel a match if someone challenges you, or if you start a game, don't play, then decide you don't want to play that match anymore.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:11 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

If it is there turn how do I delete them because my list is full and I can't make anymore matches against anyone else. The people I'm going against may of deleted the app and the match is still pending on there end.