Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by injuwarrior View Post
Just picked it up, and I like it a lot. Will probably be my go to casual for a while, and it does a great job at being a pretty new experience. For those asking, there is IAP and it does seem like it would offer an advantage at a glance (not sure), but nothing that bothers me at least. The upgrade system could be a bit better explained, but overall the core gameplay is fun and controls very well. So basically initial impression is positive and it seems like with the leagues there is great long term incentive, but I have not delved into the upgrade and IAP system so can't and probably will not make any detailed comments on that. One question:

Do the tracks change daily? (not sure if this makes sense since they are not really tracks, but basically asking if there is any change daily such as distance, number of checkpoints, landing zone area, etc).

Edit: While I like the neat menus Forsaken Media, I think navigating the menus could be much faster. The animations and navigation for the menus just feels too sluggish for a quick fix game. Very minor annoyance but just a suggestion.
Thanks for the impressions! Although the tracks don't change per tournament (there are 4 environments you have to unlock), after you play your first daily tournament, you will receive different contests every day with unique objectives and rewards. Contests and winning tournaments are a good way to earn you extra cash and parts!

In regards to the menus, they aren't light speed for sure (animated transitions), but we figured you wouldn't often be going from screen to screen...
Old 04-04-2012, 10:57 PM

Gameplay video, svp?
Old 04-05-2012, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshnsuch View Post

Foursaken Media, you guys are one of the only dev teams I will blindly buy games from. Your support on here is phenomenal and you have an amazing amount of content added into your games post-release.
+1 I'm downloading this game now. Great developers, awesome games, and terrific support= instant download!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:03 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

Bottom line: Progression through the game without springing for IAP is painfully slow, and very little fun since you'll be competing against players who paid. Nice idea, nice game, ruined by developers willing to sacrifice integrity and player experience in the name of the mighty dollar. Again. Way to go.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:33 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Well... The games been out in the US for at least 7 hours... Pretty sure that's enough time to judge wether progression is slow without IAP or not... Hell, even if it came out at 11, a couple hours is more than enough time to figure out if a games progression could be hampered by IAPs...
Old 04-05-2012, 05:08 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I was going to pass on this game until I read "by Foursaken Media", now I'm buying this game for sure!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Gameplay video, svp?
I`m on it.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:41 AM

Default Game Impressions

Old 04-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Bottom line: Progression through the game without springing for IAP is painfully slow, and very little fun since you'll be competing against players who paid. Nice idea, nice game, ruined by developers willing to sacrifice integrity and player experience in the name of the mighty dollar. Again. Way to go.
So we never heard from anyone else. Is this accurate? Game looks kinda cool but if it's one of those games where everything is thrown off by IAPs then I'll pass.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:22 AM

You guys are my favourite dev team every app is a blind buy from me.

Although for this game i had the privilige the beta test it and my conclusion is that this is a really fun and great game with lots of potential. Especialy the multiplayer part is original and competitive!

Thanks for this great game