Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
I have to commend the devs for the time they must have spent creating a truly stunning, whimsical, and well thought out UI and menu system. I just wish the the objects rushing at you were a bit easier to distinguish, since everything is rather pale in color, including the backgrounds.

Seriously though, your icon doesn't do justice to the game graphics (and, more importantly, the atmosphere). There are tons or terrible, ugly, amateurish games on the AppStore with icons that really pop; unfortunately, I'm sure a good number of sales are driven by the game icon alone.
Thanks! Although I'm not sure about pale colors We've made the backgrounds pretty vibrant precisely in order to stand out from the pure white snowflakes. Forest for example is a very bright green.... mountain a brown orange, etc. We have heard that the coins blend in a bit with mountain cup though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNJ View Post
Thanks, but I need help with coins. I upgraded coin frequency once, and I *still* have no idea what they look like. Sometimes I get 1-5 coins, sometimes zero.

Are you saying that the Coin Furnace is good, or the Coin Magnet?
You see the big blimp? He drops out coins. The first couple of times you play he says "Coins coming!" with a big speech bubble, then he just drops them in a straight line from where he is. In other words, follow the blimp when he flies on screen!
Old 06-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Developer

Quote:
So I am no better than average with reflex games...but in 10-15 noob league races, I have come in first every time. About half the time there are players there, and half there are ??? (computers I assume).

I guess I need to get out of the noob league...promotion to a new League is once a day?
The ???? are real players, just people using symbols and characters that aren't supported for their names (middle eastern characters, etc).

But yeah, promotion happens once a day, at 12 midnight EST. Based on your best time in the day, you'll be promoted accordingly. For example you'll need something like a 40-60 second time to be in the Silver League in mountain cup.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foursaken_Media View Post
Thanks! Although I'm not sure about pale colors We've made the backgrounds pretty vibrant precisely in order to stand out from the pure white snowflakes. Forest for example is a very bright green.... mountain a brown orange, etc. We have heard that the coins blend in a bit with mountain cup though.

You see the big blimp? He drops out coins. The first couple of times you play he says "Coins coming!" with a big speech bubble, then he just drops them in a straight line from where he is. In other words, follow the blimp when he flies on screen!

No I have never noticed the blimp, and as I said I played 15 times. I also have problems noticing the checkpoint...some sort of indicator arrow would be good.

My best time so far is 1 minute 21 seconds, so I guess some sort of modest promotion is coming. Certainly I come in first every single time in the noob league.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:33 PM
Developer

Quote:
No I have never noticed the blimp, and as I said I played 15 times. I also have problems noticing the checkpoint...some sort of indicator arrow would be good.
Hmmmm... The blue blimp is the same one that does the starting countdown in the beginning. He'll pop out once in-between each checkpoint.

Also, checkpoints say "Checkpoint" in big text right under them, and if they're off screen there is an arrow pointing to their direction... I know there is a lot going on (focusing on collecting flakes, dodging ice, etc), so there is definitely a learning curve in being able to manage all aspects of the game (coins + checkpoints, and then later weather ).

Also as was mentioned before, Magnet is a great trinket to help you collect coins easier! It'll just suck them right in if you're close enough to them.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:13 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I always noticed the blimp, that's why the first trinket I purchased was the coin furnace (I believe that's what it's called). That equals out to at least 3 boosts per game...the blimp releases coins at least twice, one time before and one time after you pass the checkpoint, along with the coins at the checkpoint itself.

Now I have a question...which race time counts for a tournament? Is it your fastest lap time posted during the tourney or the last lap completed before the tournament ends?
Old 06-04-2012, 04:06 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Just a small inquiry, my game center achievments I got in the battle version of the game didn't transfer across to the full version. So I heaps of gaps in the list. Just wondering if there is a fix for this.
Cheers
Great game!!
Old 06-04-2012, 06:24 AM

Ok, I got promoted to Bronze League, Forest Cup and am doing ok (time of 1:10 is good for 2nd this morning). I get the blimp now, and I'm better at the checkpoint too.

Anyway, what is up with the power-ups? I have 3 unlocked and every once in a great while I see one, but so rarely I never have a chance to get them. Never, in like 20 games with power-ups unlocked.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:06 AM

Wow, I'm really enjoying this, best game picked up for free in quite a while! Competition matched to your level plus TONS of upgradeables plus well designed missions really pulls together every single element that makes games more addictive. Thanks!

To the extent I could tell what it was, it seemed liked maybe the type of game that I dont normally think I'll like (I dont normally like racing games), and so I decided not to pay for it. In hindsight, its easily worth the money and I'll maybe buy some IAP to contribute.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:53 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Where are the power ups?
I have all of them unlocked and I've played a lot but I just can't seem to find them. What am I missing?
Old 06-05-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickPuppies View Post
Where are the power ups?
I have all of them unlocked and I've played a lot but I just can't seem to find them. What am I missing?
I asked the same question 2 or so posts above. I do see them from time to time and have snagged them like twice in 30ish games. They are circular objects about the size of an ice chunk but differently colored/textured. My assumption is that they get more frequent if you upgrade them, but I do think the rarity is a design flaw. Probably the effect should get greater with upgrade, not the frequency.

I certainly have no idea which power-up is which, and find the objective of smashing 5 ice chunks with the shield power-up to be pretty comical. I'll probably get it by accident at some point, but surely couldnt do it on purpose.

This is the one thing I found flawed about the game so far. You get good bang for your buck with the other things you can buy, but level one of the power-ups is coinage poorly spent.