Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-05-2012, 09:12 AM
Developer

So, here's how power-ups work... Buying a power-up (unlocking it) gives a universal 25% for a power-up to spawn during a checkpoint (and then the power-up will randomly be one of the power-ups you currently have unlocked).

So you must unlock all 4 in order to have the best case scenario for power-ups to appear. Mind you, with level 1 of each power-up, you have a 100% chance to have a power-up spawn EVERY checkpoint. This means on mountain cup you will get 2 power-ups, etc.

We have scaling % like this so you can't "cheat" the system by just getting a Boost power-up for ex, ignoring coins and shields, and have a 100% chance of getting boost every time down.

Hope this helps
Old 06-05-2012, 09:24 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Really enjoying this. Wish there had been a demo from the start as I would have bought this right away. :-)
Well either way I'm loving the daily tournaments. One of the only games I've played on ios that really has a feeling of speed.
Great stuff.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:59 AM

Since this morning Sky Gnomes crashes on startup. Does anyone have the same problem?
Old 06-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendezeit View Post
Since this morning Sky Gnomes crashes on startup. Does anyone have the same problem?
Yeah, widespread reports of this... really sorry for this!

Seems like something "randomly" went wrong in the servers -- we're working overtime to try to correct this! We'll let you know more when we do...
Old 06-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Developer

K, this should be all fixed... apparently Apple had accidentally changed the way IAPs were looked at in their database... it universally affected all games that handled some code the way we did... but its all fixed up now!
Old 07-11-2012, 05:10 PM

Default Loading from game center

I keep having the game, midway through the day, load my profile from the game center when I start the app again. This deletes all my race times from the day though oddly enough leaves my amount of parts and money as it was with any new trinkets and upgrades from that day still accounted for. I also had a bug on my other game center account where I the game crashed as soon as I landed unlocking the final achievement for the first star on the 3rd map. The result was it gave me the star but did not unlock the fourth map. I played for several days after that unlocking more stars on map 3 and never got access to map 4. Finally I gave up, switched accounts and didn't crash the game during any map unlocking runs this time. I asked about that on a post on Facebook but never got a reply.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:28 PM

Default Ability to see.

Also if you do look into that, while you're at it. Could you possibly move the ready set go txt out from the middle of the screen, by the time it gets out of my field of vision I'm already most of the way to the first checkpoint and past the red boost, which would also be nice to be able to see those red things through clouds at least a little bit.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:22 PM

Default Still deleting my scores

Im still randomly getting "Loading your profile from server" messages which wipes all my race times from so far during this race day. I had broken some of my records and it would be nice to actually get to keep those scores instead of having them wiped out almost completely. I say almost because it still has those times listed as my best time ever yet it claims I have no race time for today when today was the day I broke my precious record. Why does it keep wiping the record from the daily scoreboard but not my high score and amount of money and gears that I earned today. And where'd you guys go? You use to be so good with timely responses for everyone else.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Developer

Hey,

Sorry about that... seems like the alert emails slipped by us!

I'm not seeing the issue with anyone else, but we'll check into it ASAP! First, a few questions...

Do you always get the loading from server pop-up every time you boot up the game? i.e. are your current times wiped out every time you start the game new, or after a new race, or do they stay logged all day until a tournament is completed?

What do the tournament complete screens look like... do they say you've participated, or not?

Again, sorry for the inconvenience and the delayed response... hopefully we can get this fixed up asap.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:44 AM

Hi, really enjoying the game but a few days ago it crashed and then I logged back in I could only play mountain and forest cups. I had unlocked all of them and have since got an extra star on the first two cups to see if that would unlock ten again but no luck.

Don't want to reset whole profile, is there anyway this can be fixed? My game username is nick01424.