★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

EA as Worst Company of 2012

04-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
This survey is pathetic.
Which makes the winner all the more appropriate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamcan View Post
You seriously don't know Haliburton?
I know Halliburton, I was just pointing out that a lot of the people who voted won't know their oil companies as well as their games developers.

Let me just clarify that my main argument for EA being the rightful winner is that the poll itself is stupid anyway. The results aren't going to change the world, so we might as well shove it to Electronic Arts. I know the likes of BP get up to despicable acts and ruin lives, but I play far more games than I have properties in the Gulf of Mexico. The latter just isn't on my mind very often.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
04-05-2012, 05:21 PM
http://imgur.com/hTk3k

Hehehe

If something online is free, you are not the customer - you are the product.

04-05-2012, 05:52 PM
Sure EA has made lots of dumb decisions and pissed off many of their fans, but they're not all bad.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ti-gay-letters

There are plenty of companies which are worse in my opinion. And even of the video game companies, I think they're only about the third worst (after Zynga and Activision).

Hakuna Matata
04-05-2012, 06:00 PM
All in favour say Aye!

GCID: Allanon!
Fav's: Clash of Clans, DragonVale, Bastion, Score!, The Walking Dead, Puzzle RPGs
Beta Tested: Flashout 3D
Attention Dev's: Game Center Achievements are very necessary!
04-05-2012, 06:32 PM
This survey is dumb. There are plenty companies that are way worse than EA- plenty of game developers and publishers too. EA put out some of my favorite titles this year. Sure, they did release DLC and include online passes with some of their games- so what? that's a pretty petty thing to be pissed about. Shutting down developers and canning franchises sucks, but you've gotta do what you've gotta do- It IS a business, and virtually every major publisher has to cut their losses at some point.

Wait... EA runs Origin? never mind, this is totally true (just kidding, but seriously, Origin kinda... well... sucks.)
04-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Let me just clarify that my main argument for EA being the rightful winner is that the poll itself is stupid anyway.
This poll is NOT stupid! The golden poo is a culturally significant token like a Razzie award or an MTV Music Video Award, not some silly fake thing nobody cares about like a BAFTA award or a Grammy.
04-06-2012, 01:16 AM
Have no idea about EA. But I think EA is better than mine.
04-06-2012, 07:57 AM
EA the worst company? NO

In videogames, Capcom is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar worse than EA (DLCs, SFxTK,...), Activision too... actually, I only have EA games for my PS3: Portal 2, Fifa 2012 and Battlefield 3 so....
And there are banks, pharmaceutics company's, oil company's that are waaaaay worse... this was voted by ignorants
04-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon View Post
All in favour say Aye!
Looks like you're all alone, buddy! :P

And to all the people complaining about Origin, are you all jumping on the Origin-sucks bandwagon or do you actually have legitimate complaints? Because I've been using Origin since November and I've had no problems with it.

Last edited by ChrisL; 04-06-2012 at 08:52 AM.
04-06-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
EA the worst company? NO

In videogames, Capcom is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar worse than EA (DLCs, SFxTK,...), Activision too... actually, I only have EA games for my PS3: Portal 2, Fifa 2012 and Battlefield 3 so....
And there are banks, pharmaceutics company's, oil company's that are waaaaay worse... this was voted by ignorants
Uhm, Portal (2) is made by Valve...