★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: SpellTower 3.0 Update!

04-05-2012, 12:19 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
SpellTower 3.0 Update!

Hey guys,

Wow that took a lot longer than I had anticipated, but I'm really excited to announce SpellTower 3.0!

it's not quite out yet, but it will be out tomorrow morning. I'll post again when it's released

In addition to Multiplayer and iPad3 Retina Support, I tried to get in as many community requests as possible.

-retina ipad support
-multiplayer via bluetooth
-new icon
-night colors (for playing in the dark)
-sound volume adjustment options
-tweet your best word
-consumes a lot less battery power
-extra polish
-bug fixes

Youtube link | Pop Up
04-05-2012, 01:07 AM
nice! good thing i just gave my wife my old original ipad when i got the ipad 3. We are both totally hooked on spelltower. it'll be nice to have a versus mode since she always uses the letters i want when we play together on one ipad.

04-05-2012, 02:40 AM
The game is a word search: youíre presented with a neatly arranged jumble of letters and your job is to draw order from chaos, one tiny victory at a time. Tiles have to be touching in order for you to spell with them, but youíre free to then link the pieces as you please, moving diagonally if you need to and even looping back on yourself when youíre feeling dramatic. Build a word of five letters or more and youíll take any surrounding tiles with it when it disappears from the board, while a few other wrinkles are present in the form of empty squares, which vanish if you make a word that touches them, and big money letters like X, Q and J, that will take out an entire row. Funny!
04-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Nice. I've been looking forward to this update. Also, congratulations on the superpositive New York Times piece. Rock on.
04-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
For Real This time:

Wow that took a lot longer than I had anticipated, but I'm really excited to announce SpellTower 3.0!

Spell Tower Comes Out around Midnight Tonight

In addition to Multiplayer and iPad3 Retina Support, I tried to get in as many community requests as possible.

-retina ipad support
-multiplayer via bluetooth
-new icon
-night colors (for playing in the dark)
-sound volume adjustment options
-tweet your best word
-consumes a lot less battery power
-extra polish
-bug fixes

Youtube link | Pop Up
04-11-2012, 11:07 AM
This is superb news!

SpellTower is the only game on the entire App Store that the whole family plays - my wife and daughters (aged 16 and 8) love this game - but for once, my wife has admitted that I'm better than her at something; Who's the daddy now?!!

Hence, I'm really looking forward to multiplayer!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
04-11-2012, 11:07 AM
Awesome! Thank you!
04-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Awesome game. Thanks for your sharing.
04-16-2012, 02:36 PM
Any tips for a newbie?

Favorite app of all time - Dungeon Raid
04-17-2012, 08:02 PM
would you guys recommend this game? I am on the edge of buying it and want some opinions.

Plus+ ID: Chopper34
Game Center Username: KennyStang12