★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Hudson
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.4 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: *** IMPORTANT NOTICE ***
The distribution of "Puzzloop" series will be ended at 3:00pm (JST), April 27th, 2012.
After that, if you delete the application, you will NOT be able to download it again.
Please note and we appreciate your understanding.

>>>>GOLD AWARD<<<<
POCKETGAMER gives GOLD AWARD to Puzzloop for iPhone.

"Simple, addictive, fun. Puzzloop would work on any of format, but on iPhone it fits wonderfully."

Introducing the ORIGINAL loop puzzle, Puzzloop! First released in 1998, this game's success led to a lot of clones; once you play, you'll see why Puzzloop is still the best..

In this addicting and easy-to-pick up puzzle game, you eliminate balls that roll along a rail.
Tap the touchscreen where you want the ball to go and connect three or more balls of the same color to eliminate them.

As you clear balls, nearby remaining balls will move towards each other to reconnect the chain. If three or more of the same color reconnect, they'll also clear, causing a combo and bonus points!

It's game over' when the balls reach the end and run into your character. Solve Puzzloop before it makes you loopy!

Rocketman919's comments:

one final post before bed. Puzzloop, by Hudson, is a Zuma clone (or maybe Zuma is a clone of it, because it says it was the first ever game of it's kind). I haven't bought it yet because of its steep price point (7.99) because you can only get so much fun out of a game like Zuma. I'm hoping they release a lite version soon, it might inspire me to purchase it. Goodnight everybody.
08-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Bump. Why has nobody looked at this?? This needs an article

08-08-2008, 04:14 PM
I posted a review. It's definitely a fun, polished game. I played Zuma a lot a while back, so it's nice to have something similar on the iPhone. This one's a keeper.

Matt
08-08-2008, 05:17 PM
matt is it worth the price? cuz i would love to buy it but i'm waiting for rolando and a good racing game, like the one talked about here. Rolando is due to come out any day now, and i think it will have a high price point, so i don't know if i should get it. Your thoughts?
08-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
matt is it worth the price? cuz i would love to buy it but i'm waiting for rolando and a good racing game, like the one talked about here. Rolando is due to come out any day now, and i think it will have a high price point, so i don't know if i should get it. Your thoughts?
I don't think I can help you with the worthiness of the game based on price. Your financial status may be vastly different than mine. I get a passive income from one of my websites, and I use this income to buy these games, play them, and review them.

Only you can make that decision. Personally I enjoy the game, and it'll be staying on my iPhone.

Matt
08-08-2008, 08:37 PM
this game looks like a lot of fun, not ready for $8 though. god, im cheap.
08-09-2008, 06:18 PM
so i was playing zuma at work today and found out it's a lot of fun, i can see it getting boring after a while so my question is: are there any achievements in the game? or something along those lines to keep it fresh?
08-10-2008, 04:53 AM
No, there's no achievements. There are stages you must complete, though. Achievements, to me, never make a boring game better. It just adds a layer of challenge to it.

Matt
08-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
No, there's no achievements. There are stages you must complete, though. Achievements, to me, never make a boring game better. It just adds a layer of challenge to it.
alright sounds good, if there's a lot of different types of stages, that works
08-12-2008, 08:32 AM
Send a message via AIM to blakespot
Review posted with vid.

http://toucharcade.com/2008/08/12/hu...to-the-iphone/

blakespot

:: Blake Patterson :: Touch Arcade administrator
:: [twitter] [me] [flickr]