★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Theme Park Madness Update!

05-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Theme Park Madness Update!

Theme Park Madness Update Coming in June!
http://moviletap.com/blog/?p=315

Hey there everyone! So we’ve been getting through some hiccups over the past few days, but we are pressing forward and looking at getting going with updates for Theme Park Madness!

It has been quite the loooongg wait, but we are finally ready to let you know that we will have an update for Theme Park Madness in June! Here is what you can expect:

- 6 new tracks: Greece, Russia, and four other unique tracks that we’ll be announcing in the coming weeks!
- 4 new audio themes: a unique theme for each Greece and Russia, and 2 other themes for the remaining four tracks!
- Revamped Achievements: Flyin’ High, Pullin’ Gs, Speed Freak, Brakeless!
- More complex tracks, tighter controls, jumps and cliffs!
- Unique gravity changes (perhaps this will hint at the remaining tracks )

We’ll be announcing more details every week at the very least, along with some photo previews, and a video coming soon. Of course, this will NOT be Theme Park Madness 2, and that means that the update is FREE for all users!

Of course, don't forget to check out the Movile BLOG for updates and information as soon as it happens, and probably even quicker with our Twitter Feed!

Theme Park Madness is only $2.99 in the App Store and currently provides 12 exciting levels with incredible sound, jumps, achievements, and super-realistic locations! Get it now! APP STORE

Last edited by movile; 05-16-2009 at 02:17 PM.
05-16-2009, 02:50 PM
With thhose kind of reviews, the price should be lowered when the update comes out just to get better ratings.
I'll pass.

1st & 2nd gen iPod Touch 3.0
XBL, Plus+ and OpenFeint: TheKrazyRussian
Fav Dev/Game: Self Aware Games / Sentinel 2.
Beta tested for Ngmoco, EA and Insomniac Games.

05-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrazyRussian View Post
With thhose kind of reviews, the price should be lowered when the update comes out just to get better ratings.
I'll pass.
I agree, to at least $1.99 or maybe even $0.99. In addition, the screenshots look kind of dull. And is the limit only 3 people per cart? Because thats what is showing in all the screenshots.
05-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks12thman View Post
I agree, to at least $1.99 or maybe even $0.99. In addition, the screenshots look kind of dull. And is the limit only 3 people per cart? Because thats what is showing in all the screenshots.
Yeah the game got pretty boring very quickly. There aren't very many levels plus it's been impossible to get the highest score possible.

05-16-2009, 06:39 PM
When the update comes out, we will have special pricing. For right now, the game is still selling well enough where it is to not warrant a decrease in price. However, we always have special pricing when we do anything major (like a major update or new product release).

In terms of 3 people in the cart, this has no effect on the game. Anything longer and the cart would just be unstable and not smooth.

In terms of scoring, I can assure you that it is possible to get the highest score on every track.
06-15-2009, 11:13 PM
The update is coming soon! To reiterate:

Theme Park Madness Update Coming in June!

Hey there everyone! So we’ve been getting through some hiccups over the past few months, but we are pressing forward and looking at getting going with updates for Theme Park Madness!

It has been quite the loooongg wait, but we are finally ready to let you know that we will have an update for Theme Park Madness in June! Here is what you can expect:

- 6 new tracks: Greece, Russia, and four other unique tracks that we’ll be announcing in the coming weeks!
- 4 new audio themes: a unique theme for each Greece and Russia, and 2 other themes for the remaining four tracks!
- Revamped Achievements: Flyin’ High, Pullin’ Gs, Speed Freak, Brakeless!
- More complex tracks, tighter controls, jumps and cliffs!
- Unique gravity changes (perhaps this will hint at the remaining tracks )

We’ll be announcing more details every week at the very least, along with some photo previews, and a video coming soon. Of course, this will NOT be Theme Park Madness 2, and that means that the update is FREE for all users!

Of course, don't forget to check out the Movile BLOG for updates and information as soon as it happens, and probably even quicker with our Twitter Feed!

Theme Park Madness is only $2.99 in the App Store and currently provides 12 exciting levels with incredible sound, jumps, achievements, and super-realistic locations! Get it now!
06-15-2009, 11:15 PM
You know what I reeeeeally hate about this game? It doesn't keep track of the tracks you have beaten or not. So i end up replaying tracks over and over, in no order at all >=O

back
06-16-2009, 09:28 AM
It sure does keep track of everything! You can head to the achievements page on the main menu and see your score and which achievements you've earner for each track.

It always makes you play through them all in order, otherwise when you play them, you'd have to go select a new track all the time. Of course, you can always select exit when you're done the track and go select another.

In the update, we've also revamped the way you can view achievements so it becomes easier on the user, and I'll take your comment as feedback that you'd like it to play through unplayed tracks first, then the rest of them.

Thanks!