★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: LETTERBOX - WORD SEARCH IN 3D!

From the creators of the critically acclaimed Cubes vs. Spheres comes the next evolution in word games. Swipe to rotate around a tower of letters and power blocks 7 wide, 7 deep, and up to 10 tall, as you try to find words to whittle away the board.

- Play words in 3D, around corners, inside-out and upside-down.
- Utilize super power-ups like bombs, rotate blocks, the powerful quake block, and more!
- Employ special letter blocks like wilds and over-sized large blocks to make high-scoring words.
- Compete on GAMECENTER leader boards for high scores, best words, and percentage cleared.
- Chill out to an incredible music soundtrack by UK artist Yung Sir.
- Test your vocabulary in 3 dimensions!

3 UNIQUELY AWESOME MODES

- CLEAR MODE: 3 letter blocks fall from the sky each time you play a word. Keep ahead of the game by playing longer words and using power-ups! Can you clear 100%?

- PANIC MODE: Letter blocks fall over time, speeding up as you play. Clear words as fast as you can so they don't reach the top. How long can you survive?

- CHILL MODE: Just a relaxing word search. Take your time and clear as much as you can before you run out of words. Hint: Use those power-ups and wilds wisely.

ShockPanda's comments:

04-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Now this looks interesting.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

04-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Holy pound the buy button, Batman. Their previous game was excellent.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
04-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Yeah, Cvs.S and Spacebunnies were both fantastic... Purchasing this one even though I'm not really one for word games. =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Repulze, Ravenmark: SOE, Cordy, Incoboto Mini, One Epic Knight, Cardinal Quest 2
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
04-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Wow, this looks awesome! Looking forward to your impressions, syntheticvoid!
04-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Nice twist on the word-search theme embedded in a 3D block environment. After 30 minutes of gameplay, the fun and funky gaming mechanic married with a good heaping of eye-candy topped off with slick tracks make this a "winnah" so far.

(However, I encountered a crash on my non-jb iPad 2 (7 GB available) while going through the tutorial after launching the Chill Mode. After resetting my device all is now copacetic, but I'm posting here with the hopes of bringing this to the dev's attention because the AppStore app page support link only leads me to a product page listing their stable of games).

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 04-05-2012 at 08:14 PM.
04-05-2012, 08:08 PM
I picked this up yesterday actually, and yep, it's a very nice, polished word game. Pretty straight forward, and what you see is what you get.
04-05-2012, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the kind words all (pun maybe intended?).

And sorry to hear about your crash ColeDaddy. We seem to have the ability to make even the simplest games hurt even the strongest devices. Although I'd be curious to know what OS version you're on...
04-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockPanda View Post
Thanks for the kind words all (pun maybe intended?).

And sorry to hear about your crash ColeDaddy. We seem to have the ability to make even the simplest games hurt even the strongest devices. Although I'd be curious to know what OS version you're on...
iOS 5.1
04-06-2012, 12:58 PM
I like this game, it's good. However, I could definitely do without the diva house vocals in the music - it's distracting, annoying, and just plain bad. Good thing there's an option to turn it off and play my own music. Otherwise great game.

Note to all word game devs: do not put vocals in your music.