Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-05-2012, 11:54 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
On the other hand, if someone can point me to a video similar to that one where that one guy explains carcassone that would rock.
Maybe this will help: http://boardgamegeek.com/video/6268/...n-hd-nightfall
Old 04-05-2012, 11:59 PM
iPhone 5

Me too, I'm half lost mid way on the tutorial. But I would repeat it again until I can get a grip. Guys. Once figured out, we can duke it out in addition to ascension. ^^
Old 04-06-2012, 01:18 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Well, played the tutorial. This seems significantly more complex than ascension. I can honestly say Im not sure how I defeated the tutorial, but its not a bad thing, just need some time to understand the mechanics.
The play area is quite busy, I think it will probably be slightly easier on iPad to see things, but it's not impossible to play on iPhone by any means.
I'm really looking forward to digging into this and I think it will serve as a great adjunct to ascension.

One extra thing to mention, the multitasking support is a great addition to this engine! I hope this can be added to ascension too!

Last edited by scarypharaoh; 04-06-2012 at 01:21 AM..
Old 04-06-2012, 02:30 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangiato View Post
Yes, the rule book explains the various icons. The open/closed eye just indicates whether each player's wound total is visible. It's a major component of the tabletop version of the game that wound counts aren't known until the end of the game, because this increases the social aspect of the game. But you're able to walk away from a game at any point and come back days later, you can't rely on memory to know who has taken the least wounds, and that information is critical in making decisions about who to target. It's recommended you only play with hidden wound counts (the closed eye) if you intend to finish the game in one sitting.
When creating a game, what is the significance of the "Details" setting with all but "Nightfall" initially locked? Is this just something silly like the background image or does it influence stuff like the potential Archive selections (like different variants of Dominions)?
Old 04-06-2012, 03:31 AM

Wow - lovely looking game, brilliantly implemented... But I just sat through the tutorial and still have absolutely no clue. It gives you a kind of flavour of the game but i don't feel, after finishing it, that I've been given enough information to play. I'll run through it again but have a feeling the only way is to read through the rule book first...

But wow this looks great!

Jamie
Old 04-06-2012, 04:58 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Playdek's iOS card games have insane production values and polish, which give them a real sense of value for money over and above equivalently-priced offerings such as those from Skotos Tech, which are perfectly functional but aesthetically pretty bland.

Looking forward to the expansions making their way across as well.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:33 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by the9quad View Post
On the other hand, if someone can point me to a video similar to that one where that one guy explains carcassone that would rock.
Another video (Dice Tower review) which you might like to see is here:
http://youtu.be/r9OxZZ7QuGY
Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 AM
iPhone 4

Thanks for that video abstract. That helps a bit. But still, this game is hell confusing..

Ps in that vid, look at the tension between the guys from around 8:50...guy on the right rolls his eyes lol
Old 04-06-2012, 07:44 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Ok downloaded, I'll have to learn how to play this over the weekend. I see many familiar Ascension players in this thread, looking forward to multiplayer soon!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:05 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

I share the sentiments of the group on three points:

1. If you are a fan of card games and you loved Ascension, I don't see how you can pass up getting Nightfall, particularly when Playdek was behind it. I think it's a no brainer for Artfoundry and anyone else who plays Ascension online.

2. After watching the tutorial, I have to admit I am still a little lost. Because Ascension was my first card battle game, I think I having trouble because I am trying to fit everything I read about Nightfall into an Ascension prism. They are different games in many respects.

3. Seeing another incredibly polished release from Playdek has me chomping at the bit for the Storm of Souls expansion and the release of Summoner Wars.

I found links to a few Nightfall things that might be helpful.

1. Here is a link to the official rules, as posted on BGG.

http://www.nightfallgame.com/files/2...F-Rulebook.pdf

2. Here is a link to the Nightfall FAQ page from BGG

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/66...ule-faq/page/1

3. Here is a video review of Nightfall that explains some of the gameplay elements.

http://www.nightfallgame.com/2011/02...-video-review/