App description: The sun has retreated from the earth, a week ago it shone its last, and now chaos has begun. People fear for their existence, and while scientists struggle to explain the phenomenon, the creatures of nightmare began to appear. Fear the Night!

Gamezebo: 5 Stars - Playdek has once again hit it out of the park.
Appolicious: 4.5 out 5
Nerd Appropriate: Nightfall on iOS is a great way to play cards with friends when you cant get a gaming crew together.

New In-App Purchase Expansion: Nightfall: Martial Law

Nightfall: Martial Law introduces many new characters, actions and new color combinations for creating chains and achieving kickers. Martial Law will also introduce the new "Feed" mechanic which will allow players to get even more uses out of their orders. The game also brings to the table a new Wound effect that is sure to surprise opponents.

In Nightfall, players must master hordes of ghouls, vampires and werewolves as they struggle to gain control of a post-apocalyptic world.

Begin with a set of starter Minions then draft cards into your private Archives, play cards into the Chain in order to maximize the effectiveness of your cards and Claim new Minions and Actions to pit against your foes. Attack your opponents every round in an effort to weaken your rivals. Time is limited and only mastering all Phases of the game will leave you standing as the victor at the end of the game.

Nightfall for iOS brings AEG's modern horror game to select iPods, iPhones and iPads.

HIGHLIGHTS
New In-App Purchase: Martial Law expansion!
Achievements and un-lockable Promo Cards
-Ahmad Hassan
-Desperate Measures
-Pale Fury
Asynchronous multiplayer with game timers
Two start-game modes: Quick Play and Draft
Play with open Wound counts or traditional hidden Wounds

FEATURES
Supports 1-5 players (human and/or AI)
3 levels of AI
Asynchronous multiplayer online games
Play against others with pass and play multiplayer
Player Profiles
Introductory tutorial to teach you how to play
Maintain and save multiple games
Automatic shuffling, cleanup and scoring
Universal App

Also by Playdek
Summoner Wars; Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer; Food Fight iOS; Can't Stop; Fluxx; Penny Arcade The Game: Gamers vs Evil
11-02-2012, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Hey Gang,

Since they just recently made the update in which ALL promos can be enabled, while I'd still love to keep our games going I will opt out of rematches so that you can re-create and invite me to games with ALL promos.
I wold not recommend playing with Desperate Measures

Obsessions: FTL | Sword of the Stars: The Pit (Gold Edition)
GC: onlyphoenix
11-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
I wold not recommend playing with Desperate Measures
Which is that one again? Is it really more abusable than Bleak Resurrection?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

11-20-2012, 12:25 AM
After recently launching the game and buying Martial Law on a whim, I was reminded of just how awesome Nightfall is. Feel free to add me for online games.

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
11-20-2012, 03:38 AM
I'm up for Nightfall, definitely my favorite Playdek game right now.

12-21-2012, 02:56 AM
Hello, anybody there?

Can you recommend a specific tutorial or Youtube video that teaches me how to play Nightfall? I went through the ingame tutorial and watched a few Youtubes on it but still can't make heads or tails of this game when I try playing.

All pointers welcome.

And yes, I have successfully learnt how to play Ascension, Penny Arcade and some of the other DBGs, but I just can't seem to get Nightfall's mechanics.
01-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Yes, we're still here.

Here is a Dice Tower review/tutorial...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/6...iews-nightfall

Also, BoardGameGeek.com is full of tips, tricks and rules.

It took me awhile to fully know and love it.

Hope you haven't given up. Many of us still play...

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
01-04-2013, 06:42 PM
I had a bit more success when I manually picked the cards for the stacks instead. Will look at the BGG video. Thanks.
11-23-2013, 09:28 PM
So... expansions... nothing?
That's a shame. :/
11-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloko View Post
So... expansions... nothing?
That's a shame. :/
Playdek's response about Blood Country yesterday:
Quote:
Unfortunately I haven't heard much about this expansion right now since everyone has been focused on Summoner Wars, Lords of Waterdeep, and Agricola. But I'll be sure to bring it up.
It's unlikely Nightfall will get any more content, given that Smash Up is also dead.

12-13-2013, 09:42 PM
In case anyone is waiting for more Nightfall content (seems unlikely), Playdek CEO Joel Goodman more or less confirms that nothing more is coming in this interview.