★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: JUNG HUN YI
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 2.2 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: This game is so fantastic & addiction game.

Run away from Temple!!

Temple worms attack you & your friends.

You have to avoid Temple Worms and rescue your friends.

-Features

1. 16 characters.
2. Temple worm attack motions
3. Dying motions
4. GameCenter LeaderBoard.
04-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Despite a shady title, I will still get this. I just hope the controls are responsive.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

04-06-2012, 12:10 PM
This game is surprisingly good, although it's on the difficult side of things.

Wurms are underground and trying to get to you. you avoid them by moving left or right using tilt, and some of their attacks can be avoided by jumping using taps. Controls are very responsive at what they do here.

While running, you get to meet other people (explorers?) that you add into your party (similar to how you increase your pack in "Off The Leash").

Unfortunately, trying to keep other party members alive dont seem to do anything significant since the controls only respond realtime to your main character and the other characters only execute the commands right after your character. Having them alive also does not add to anything like a score as there isnt a scoring system. There is only "Distance Travelled" and it's on the leaderboards. The game needs some more of these scoring mechanics as the game already has a decent gameplay and some strong control response.

Games like these dont usually get much attention from their devs, so im not sure if this is going to get updates. Crossing fingers.

Enjoying this so far, but it doesnt give much incentive to keep playing.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
04-06-2012, 12:35 PM
Tried this (thanks again for the promo codes). The gameplay is cool, nice twist from Super Mega Worm's. And the game is very difficult indeed, but the controls are nice and studying the Worm's behaviour helps every new attempt.
I was hardly able to cross 35m on my first few attempts, the difficulty is border lining on frustration. But apparently there are a lot of people who are very good at this,going by the leaderboards.
I will surely pick this up again and see if I can learn anything new about this creature

Overall, it's definetly worth checking out if you like the premise and challenge
04-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Screenshot 3 shows the worm, I haven't survived enough to know if they grow any longer later on though

EDIT : made it till 197m, behaviour is unpredictable and that keeps you on the edge! Depends as much on your luck as on your skill,I'm gonna keep coming back to this one

Last edited by Sri Ram; 04-06-2012 at 01:46 PM.
04-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Unfortunately, trying to keep other party members alive dont seem to do anything significant since the controls only respond realtime to your main character and the other characters only execute the commands right after your character. Having them alive also does not add to anything like a score as there isnt a scoring system.
I found that this mechanic of keeping others alive and growing the team size increases our survival rate, thus helping us go further, the main character can die and there would be another leading the group. Kinda like grimjoggers.
Achievements would be awesome however, hope they get added in an update

@Ell Tee : yeah,that was a tiny one, they vary in length later in the game. But it's mostly the tiny ones that take out the whole group (they are fast lol)

Last edited by Sri Ram; 04-06-2012 at 02:17 PM.
04-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri Ram View Post
I found that this mechanic of keeping others alive and growing the team size increases our survival rate, thus helping us go further, the main character can die and there would be another leading the group. Kinda like grimjoggers.
Achievements would be awesome however, hope they get added in an update
Ah... that makes sense. I'll surely get some more playtime for this runner title.

04-08-2012, 01:58 PM
The screenshots don't do justice to this game at all, would be awesome if Sanuku gets a chance to do his magic
Haven't played a distance runner this challenging in a long time, funny part is that running gets you killed. Anyone who remotely enjoyed Tremors or any cheesy survival movie involving creatures shouldnt miss this one, death from below at it's best!

I hope the dev adds achivements or an extra game mode with a more forgiving difficulty that rewards you for saving other members. Perhaps have the screen static and just jump around trying to keep the team alive for as long as possible. Would be much more fun than 8 bit ninja

Last edited by Sri Ram; 04-08-2012 at 02:05 PM.
04-09-2012, 04:15 AM
This is a fun game that keeps you on the edge of your toes. Hopefully the developers add more elements to an already awesome game.
04-09-2012, 05:07 AM
This seems fun, I shall give it a try! I like those mini games.