★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Boxed In - A New Challenging Puzzle Game - FREE

05-16-2009, 04:31 PM
Boxed In - A New Challenging Puzzle Game - FREE

Hello everyone.

My name is Dennis and I'm the developer of a newly released iPhone/iPod Touch game called Boxed In.

The game has been out for about a week, but I wanted to avoid posting an announcement here until I got some feedback. All of the feedback thus far has been great!

Boxed In is a logic based puzzle game in which you guide a robot through each level with your finger. The challenge comes from the boxes obstructing your path. Push boxes in the correct order to reach a level's end. You can't pull boxes and you can't push boxes if something is on the other side of it. Extra puzzle elements come into play by pushing boxes on to floor switches to deactivate forcefields allowing you to pass through them and progress.

There are 50 increasingly difficult levels for many hours of gameplay.

App Craver was quick to review the game and give it a 8/10 rating making their editor's pick list. One of their suggestions for the game has been implemented already and is currently awaiting approval in the app store for the next update. You can read their full review if you'd like.

The game is listed for $1.99.

Thanks for reading. We would love any feedback you have on the game and will incorporate it into future updates.

The official Boxed In website

Last edited by ThankYouDriveThrough; 05-16-2009 at 05:53 PM.
05-16-2009, 04:34 PM
this looks reeeeally cool :O

05-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Kinda like Sokoban? This looks like it could be really good!

Check your inbox

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
05-19-2009, 05:03 AM
I saw a lite version of this was just released, and so I downloaded it and tried it out...

One thing I really didn't like was that if I want to move across the whole width or height of the screen, I have to swipe-swipe-swipe-swipe-swipe...
I'd much rather do a swipe-and-hold to move continuously, and then lift my finger off the screen when I want to stop moving.
If I want to move just one square, then I would swipe-and-lift.

If you can "fix" this, or at least make it as an option that we could choose in a settings screen somewhere, then I'd probably download the full game...

Sound FX and a background music track would be an added bonus.

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox
05-19-2009, 05:06 AM
This sounds a little like some of the levels in Zelda where rocks in the caves can be moved? This is a good thing
05-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettArchibald View Post
I saw a lite version of this was just released, and so I downloaded it and tried it out...

One thing I really didn't like was that if I want to move across the whole width or height of the screen, I have to swipe-swipe-swipe-swipe-swipe...
I'd much rather do a swipe-and-hold to move continuously, and then lift my finger off the screen when I want to stop moving.
If I want to move just one square, then I would swipe-and-lift.

If you can "fix" this, or at least make it as an option that we could choose in a settings screen somewhere, then I'd probably download the full game...

Sound FX and a background music track would be an added bonus.
You actually can hold and do a continuous swipe. You just have to do it slowly. We wanted the robot to always move at the same speed. This means a new swipe isn't ready to be read until the previous one finishes or else there's no way of knowing how far in any direction you want him (Yes him, the robot is a guy) to move. But if you drag slowly he'll keep moving and you don't have to lift your finger. He does pause in between so there's probably some room for improvement there.

Thank you for the feedback.
05-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markx2 View Post
This sounds a little like some of the levels in Zelda where rocks in the caves can be moved? This is a good thing
I can't say that Zelda wasn't somewhat inspirational.
05-22-2009, 10:55 PM
Just tried the lite version. Very nice sokoban variation. Like the robot theme. Reminds me slightly of Wall-E's EVE.

One thing that is very notceable is the lack of sound effects. I know that some people complain about sounds getting repetitive in games like this, but I really believe that, if done right, sound effects really add something to the experience. I'd love to hear that sounds are in the works. I am getting ready to buy the full version, and I know that subtle, pleasant sounds will really make this game an even better value.
08-18-2009, 02:35 AM
Now free for a limited time!
08-18-2009, 02:46 AM
This is a good game aside from the fact that it has no sounds. It reminds me of the old gameboy game Boxxle