★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ninja Dino Showdown!? - $0.99 sale (RTS/TD Hybrid)

04-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Ninja Dino Showdown!? - $0.99 sale (RTS/TD Hybrid)

Highly recommended

04-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Fully agree with undeadcow! This game looks similar to PvZ, but offers much more variation. Well worth the regular price of $1.99 and for $.99 it is a steal!

04-06-2012, 01:36 PM
I swear I posted this earlier today, but here I find someone stepped up, thanks for the help guys :-)

We've already updated the game a few times since last month-- soon we'll be adding badges, achievements/game center, cloud saves, horde mode, and of course more episodes.

Check out my RTS/defense game, Ninja Dino Showdown!?
ninjaDinoShowdown.com
@binaryRebels
facebook.com/ninjaDinoShowdown
04-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Whoa first I've heard of this game may pick this up looks awesome.
04-07-2012, 01:41 AM
Got this a couple days ago when I saw the main thread, very recommended at the original price and a good deal!

And yes, its kinda like PvZ but requires much more player attention, nice one!
04-07-2012, 03:55 AM
Hmm... thinking of buying this... I only have $4.81 and this seems like another TD PvZ type even with the moving of ninjas...

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
04-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Hmm... thinking of buying this... I only have $4.81 and this seems like another TD PvZ type even with the moving of ninjas...
It is regretable that every lane based defense game is compared to PvZ. I recommend Ninja Dino Showdown (NDS) and I hate tower defense games because NDS requires much more active control. Not only do you have to frantically move ninjas... you also get bonuses for stacking multiple ninjas in one lane (making it more strategic), can initiate limited ninja special attacks, may need to furiously tap the screen to revive a fallen ninja, or may have to tap attacking dinosaurs to block their special attack. The sort of mini real time strategy mechanic really makes NDS shine verssus the standard tower defense dreck. PvZ always struck be as slower and less difficult (I beat it with ease). Overall NDS feels very polished and has a fun difficulty.

With limited funds it fallls to taste but I've enjoyed NDS. Too bad there is not a lite/trial NDS.

Last edited by undeadcow; 04-07-2012 at 08:51 AM.
04-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
It is regretable that every lane based defense game is compared to PvZ. I recommend Ninja Dino Showdown (NDS) and I hate tower defense games because NDS requires much more active control. Not only do you have to frantically move ninjas... you also get bonuses for stacking multiple ninjas in one lane (making it more strategic), can initiate limited ninja special attacks, may need to furiously tap the screen to revive a fallen ninja, or may have to tap attacking dinosaurs to block their special attack. The sort of mini real time strategy mechanic really makes NDS shine verssus the standard tower defense dreck. PvZ always struck be as slower and less difficult (I beat it with ease). Overall NDS feels very polished and has a fun difficulty.

With limited funds it fallls to taste but I've enjoyed NDS. Too bad there is not a lite/trial NDS.
You see it's not that it doesn't seem unique, it really does, but I'm just wondering would I like this and is it addicting to ME. I did get addicted by PvZ tho.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
04-07-2012, 04:08 PM
so... can anyone comment on how does this look on 2x mode?

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
04-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Fun game. It's a lot faster paced than PvZ. Thanks for posting!