Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 04-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Eli's Avatar
Eli Eli is offline
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x
 
Join Date: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,267,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartel View Post
Video update #3: Republique is now coming to PC and Mac.
http://vimeo.com/41096568
And any other platform NeoGAF wants, as it seems like they're the only ones who are still fired up about this anymore.
  #102  
Old 04-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Radogol Radogol is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
And any other platform NeoGAF wants, as it seems like they're the only ones who are still fired up about this anymore.
Is that why you applied for an account there?
  #103  
Old 04-27-2012, 11:57 AM
famousringo famousringo is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
And any other platform NeoGAF wants, as it seems like they're the only ones who are still fired up about this anymore.
You forgot to mention that you don't have anything against this project.

You just make cynical comments about it at every opportunity out of... respect, I guess?
  #104  
Old 04-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Eli's Avatar
Eli Eli is offline
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x
 
Join Date: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,267,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radogol View Post
Is that why you applied for an account there?
I think my account has been pending since like, 2008, so, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
You forgot to mention that you don't have anything against this project.

You just make cynical comments about it at every opportunity out of... respect, I guess?
I don't have anything against it, I'm glad it exists, as watching the whole thing unfold has been remarkably entertaining. I'm just very glad we didn't post about it now, as this is a typical Kickstarter gear shift. We would've posted under the guise that it was an iOS game, which would've resulted in iOS gamers potentially dumping money into the project which is now... a PC game!

That's the truly hilarious thing about Kickstarter is the sheer amount of pandering that takes place to get money. Projects literally become whatever people on forums want them to be instead of what the original creator set out to make. That's really sad, in a way.
  #105  
Old 04-27-2012, 12:26 PM
kcur kcur is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: US
Posts: 729
Default

It is still an iOS game.
  #106  
Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Eli's Avatar
Eli Eli is offline
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x
 
Join Date: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,267,489
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcur View Post
It is still an iOS game.
Its vision is now compromised in attempt to soak up an additional $400,000 in the next two weeks.
  #107  
Old 04-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Brad Nicholson Brad Nicholson is offline
💪 Eli Sucks 💪
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 50
Default

At the very least, we don't know how this new multiplatform direction would have influenced early pledgers who tossed money at it thinking it was a novel mobile exclusive game idea.
  #108  
Old 04-27-2012, 01:10 PM
famousringo famousringo is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
I don't have anything against it, I'm glad it exists, as watching the whole thing unfold has been remarkably entertaining. I'm just very glad we didn't post about it now, as this is a typical Kickstarter gear shift. We would've posted under the guise that it was an iOS game, which would've resulted in iOS gamers potentially dumping money into the project which is now... a PC game!

That's the truly hilarious thing about Kickstarter is the sheer amount of pandering that takes place to get money. Projects literally become whatever people on forums want them to be instead of what the original creator set out to make. That's really sad, in a way.
You find this project both hilarious and sad... but you have nothing against it.

I thought this kind of cognitive dissonance was reserved for politics or religion. Not sure which category your distaste for Kickstarter belongs to.

Looking forward to your upcoming post on the Banner Saga, where sucker PC gamers dumped money into making... an iOS game!
  #109  
Old 04-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Eli's Avatar
Eli Eli is offline
TouchArcade Janitor
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x
 
Join Date: Feb 1983
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 1,267,489
Default

As long as it's an actual game that exists I'm sure we'll post about it.
  #110  
Old 04-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Kartel Kartel is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 488
Default

Hodapp's baffling trolling is possibly the closest issue the Neogaf and Toucharcade community have ever agreed upon... well that and Tiny Wings being awesome.

(Both sides fought over who discovered that game first.)

Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent