★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

MiniGame Paradise --> FREE

04-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
MiniGame Paradise --> FREE

04-08-2012, 11:02 AM
nice freebie. these games all have super cute characters!

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!

04-09-2012, 12:46 PM
interesting concept.

downloaded, tried and deleted cause I didn't like the mini games too much, it doesn't seem to be retina enabled, and the game is way to grindy to be a paid app. If it was freemium I would have understood.

also 4 stars review from TA lmao.

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
04-09-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filing Cabinet View Post
interesting concept.

downloaded, tried and deleted cause I didn't like the mini games too much, it doesn't seem to be retina enabled, and the game is way to grindy to be a paid app. If it was freemium I would have understood.

also 4 stars review from TA lmao.
Yeah, I also found it to be pretty grindy. Don't remember it being a paid game (got a review code for it a while back before its release), but unless you're willing to shell out real cash, it can take forever unlocking stuff.

That being said, it is very cute, definitely something young kids should dig. But the contradiction (and concern) is the pressure of IAP. It's inappropriate, in my opinion, but God forbid anyone say anything negative about how people choose to make money. It's indecent to look out for your kids these days.
04-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
Yeah, I also found it to be pretty grindy. Don't remember it being a paid game (got a review code for it a while back before its release), but unless you're willing to shell out real cash, it can take forever unlocking stuff.
it was paid earlier. and $2.99 even.

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
04-10-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filing Cabinet View Post
it was paid earlier. and $2.99 even.
As a free game, it wouldn't be that bad, as you can unlock seven of the eleven minigames in under ten minutes without using any IAP whatsoever. Honestly, though, there's no reason why a $3 entry fee for this type of title shouldn't unlock all the minigames from the outset, or at least just use a "playing a game once unlocks the next one" system.

Take the focus off blocking the meat of the game, and let people play or pay for the cosmetic items, costumes, characters and collectables.
07-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Free again as of now.