★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Shrink Ray
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 17.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Connect Poker is a simple, yet highly polished match poker / puzzle game. It can get quite addictive, so consider yourselves warned!

To play, connect two to five cards to make a poker hand. Classic, Arcade and Infinite game modes. Notice the differences between each type, and see which one you like the best.

*** HIGHLIGHTS ***

+ Innovative take on the classic poker game
+ Three different game modes
+ Arcade mode to feature explosions and freeze
+ High replay value
+ Leader board and Game Center support
+ Easily share your high scores on Twitter and Facebook

Find out more at http://www.shrinkraystudios.com/connectpoker

Developed by Shrink Ray Studios

We hope you enjoy Connect Poker. We'd love to hear your feedback, comments or suggestions, please emails us at info@shrinkraystudios.com. If you are having issues, please email us at support@shrinkraystudios.com before writing a review. We cannot contact you if you just submit a review!

*** NOTES ***

GameCenter support for Achievements and iPod support will coming soon in the next update!

ShrinkRayStudios's comments:

Description

Connect Poker is a simple, yet highly polished match poker / puzzle game. Even if you do not know how to play Poker, it's still a fun and easy game to get the hang of.

To play, connect two to five cards to make a poker hand. Classic, Arcade and Infinite game modes. Notice the differences between each type, and see which one you like the best.

*** HIGHLIGHTS ***

+ Innovative take on the classic poker game
+ Three different game modes
+ Arcade mode to feature explosions and freeze
+ High replay value
+ Leader board and Game Center support
+ Easily share your high scores on Twitter and Facebook

Find out more at http://www.shrinkraystudios.com/connectpoker

Developed by Shrink Ray Studios
The idea is that you connect cards to make a poker hand in a grid fashion, and new cards drop down as the connected ones disappear.

The core gameplay is broken down into three game modes (Classic, Arcade and Infinite). I recommend Arcade for a quick high score round, which also introduces elements like freeze-time and explosions.
04-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks! I just updated the post with the proper description.

04-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Also

also, PM me if you want a promo code. I have a few left.
04-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Game Impressions

Thanks for the promo!

The game is pretty cute and straight forward. I think my only wish at this point would be to see the points I just earned with the text of the type of hand scored. So as opposed to just, "A Pair!" flying by, how about adding a smaller fonted line underneath with "+100"?

It clearly is Poker Squares meets match 3 with some power-ups to further mix stuff up! Good fun if a fan of match 3 or poker solitaire like games already.

Something I kind of think keeps stuff interesting is how, since these hands can be from 2-5 cards, there is no deadwood allowed! Sure those 4 kings are fairly close together but unless you can connect them all directly, there is no throwing in an extra jack just make a 5 card hand that connects them all.

4/5

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
04-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Okay, This seems fun. I wish I can get a promo code too if there's any left. Thanks.
04-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the review, LordGek. We are definitely considering adding the point visual in the next update. Great suggestion!
04-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Hey, I have a couple of promo codes left to distribute on a first come first serve basis. PM me if interested. Please only inquire if you plan on reviewing the game on the forum.
04-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Thanks zTurinoz. Almost out of promo codes! They're going fast.
04-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrinkRayStudios View Post
Thanks zTurinoz. Almost out of promo codes! They're going fast.
I sent a PM yesterday, and have not gotten a reply yet for a promo code
04-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Must have missed it. Promo code sent!