★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

04-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free
04-08-2012, 07:13 PM
About time this is on the MAS. Everyone who likes horror games needs to pick this up while it's still $4.99. Already have it on Steam, and yeah, it's great.

Twitter: @back2this

04-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Yeah, this is one hell of a game with surround sound.

Definitely one of the better horror games.

Need professional proofreading, editing or writing that won't break your budget?
Contact me at youarelowonhealth.com or via PM.
04-09-2012, 08:34 AM
I'm playing it right now and can only manage a level at a time without freaking out -.-

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free
10-29-2014, 12:57 PM
FYI, I see this is on sale:
http://appshopper.com/mac/games/amne...e-dark-descent

I loved Frictional's Penumbra series. Can't wait to try the next generation!

And I see something about "mod" support in the latest App Store update. Not sure what that's about... sounds like the kind of thing some App Store releases have lacked? Or maybe I'm just crazy.

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)
10-31-2014, 12:17 PM
I still need to play this game..
11-01-2014, 08:40 AM
It's good. I'm playing it now. My quick impressions:

- The Penumbra series got better as it went. Amnesia isn't quite as good (to me) as Penumbra was by the end. More wandering, fewer/simpler puzzles and actions. But not by a huge amount--it's still excellent! And very similar in play to Penumbra; same controls and interactions (no combat).

- The LOOK is very nice. And very creepy sound design.

- I turned off Hints, which may be why I didn't know there were keys for Inventory etc.--look through the Settings to see what commands are available.

- Some of the encounters, though few and far between, are pretty scary!

-Death is forgiving. You don't lose much ground.

My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)
11-11-2014, 05:57 AM
The graphics look very dark, as intended to be from what I'm reading. A pity that it's a bit pricey for me. I usually get bored with games rather quick, so I try not to buy anything expensive.

TourPal worldwide travel guide app, with voice tours,maps, tips & more. Now 100% Free - app download link
11-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Having finished it, not all of the puzzles made sense, but it did get pretty neat by the end, with increasingly scary imagery. Decent length, plus a short permadeath "Justine" game (unrelated story) is included.

12-26-2014, 08:08 PM
huh...is this game still scary on a tiny screen?