★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PCB Game
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 112.4 MB
  • Version: 1.6
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: XFP - XField Paintball / Airsoft : The first 3D paintball game for mobile and tablets.

Discover the first dedicated 3D paintball FPS, developed by professional paintball actors and supported by brands such as Dye, Sup Air Ball, Paintball Designer, Xpaint or Invisible.
Three game modes are available:
- Quick Play: Time attack, Over shoot or Survival Flag on six different maps: Wood, urban bags.
- Story Mode: Start a progression that will allow you to unlock new areas, gain new markers, to buy high-end balls, ...
- Walk in the Field: Try layouts on Millennium, the PSP, the PALS, and tomorrow new circuits in a fully immersive 3D mode, especially with the gyro mode.

If you are a Paintball fan, if you want to see upgrades in a FPS without hemoglobin, if you want new crazy features, participate in the adventure of PCB Game, an independent studio invested in the development of the most evolved game of paintball on mobile and tablets.

We always offer a free version. Thank you to share, comment, support, give favorable ratings.

Send us your requests for new features :
http://www.xfield-paintball.com

THANKS AND ENJOY;-)

The PCB Game Team.

sizzlakalonji's comments:
I tried the lite, and was impressed enough to buy the full version. Other than a few minor localization issues, this game is pretty ace. It'll probably get lost amid all of the big games tonight, but that would be a shame. At least check out the lite.

Full version

Lite version
04-11-2012, 06:33 PM
I downloaded the lite version. There seem to be two free and two paid versions, and the difference is only the letters "HD" in the title. They're all universal and optimized for newer devices.

Anyway, will work on getting a mediocre gameplay video up for those who aren't patient enough to wait for Sanuku.

04-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platyrrhine View Post
I downloaded the lite version. There seem to be two free and two paid versions, and the difference is only the letters "HD" in the title. They're all universal and optimized for newer devices.

Anyway, will work on getting a mediocre gameplay video up for those who aren't patient enough to wait for Sanuku.
Yeah, I noticed the strange issue of the multiple versions too. I just chose the version with the largest file size. I'm really enjoying the full game. For some reason, this is resonating with me better than most FPS on this platform.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
04-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Another strange issue is that the language is listed as English, but some of the menus are in French.

One of my big complaints with this game is that, at least in the lite version, there's no sense of "Hey I'm actually shooting something!" That is, there are no paintballs. I'd love to see the wall or the person I'm shooting be splattered with paint. Without that feature, it's kind of like laser tag.

Is that present in the full version, or is it the same?
04-11-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Platyrrhine View Post
Another strange issue is that the language is listed as English, but some of the menus are in French.

One of my big complaints with this game is that, at least in the lite version, there's no sense of "Hey I'm actually shooting something!" That is, there are no paintballs. I'd love to see the wall or the person I'm shooting be splattered with paint. Without that feature, it's kind of like laser tag.

Is that present in the full version, or is it the same?
I'm glad you mentioned that, because I had forgotten that point. You're right, in the lite version, there is no paint splatter, and it does seem lacking. In the full version, there is indeed the paint splatter and it makes a big difference. I had mentioned the localization thing earlier, but it is certainly obvious that this is a game made by French speakers. The translation isn't the best, but it's not game breaking by any means. It could certainly be fixed up in an update though.

Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
04-11-2012, 07:15 PM
What control schemes are offered? Is there gyro/accelero support?
04-11-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I'm glad you mentioned that, because I had forgotten that point. You're right, in the lite version, there is no paint splatter, and it does seem lacking. In the full version, there is indeed the paint splatter and it makes a big difference. I had mentioned the localization thing earlier, but it is certainly obvious that this is a game made by French speakers. The translation isn't the best, but it's not game breaking by any means. It could certainly be fixed up in an update though.
I'll be buying the full version then. Because the lack of any paint splatter was really making the game unenjoyable for me. I couldn't even tell when I had shot my gun. My phone has been lacking a FPS type game where you can play against bots in single player, and hopefully this game can fill the void.

As for alternate control schemes, I don't see any in the lite version. The default control scheme is a joystick for movement and swipes for turning, similar to MC3/other FPS games on iOS.

Video of the lite version is uploading now; will be a while though, because my internet is complete crap.

Video of the full version will be around sometime after I buy it.
04-11-2012, 08:15 PM
I bought the non HD version. There is no paint splatter, just saying.

I also wouldn't call the controls good by any standards. It's actually pretty bad for a FPS game.

The buttons are incredibly small, and tucked in the corners of the device or near the edges. This makes them rather hard to press.

The fire and aim button are located down the bottom right corner of the iPhone screen. Their small size and location make it hard to fire or aim accurately, occasioning to frequent (and frustrating) 'deaths' when your gun doesn't fire when confronted by an enemy. The crouch button is hidden right at the bottom left corner of the screen, and it's harder to activate than the fire button but it's less essential to the gameplay so the issue is not as large.

There are no alternative controls, nor are the controls customizable. Swiping and a floating joystick are responsible for looking and movement.

This is not a bad game, but the small buttons and non-customizable controls (and I'll add in the lack of alternate control schemes) does let the game down.
04-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Video of the lite version:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Any discrepancy in the sound is caused by iPhone 4S mirroring and is not representative of the game.
04-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
I bought the non HD version. There is no paint splatter, just saying.

I also wouldn't call the controls good by any standards. It's actually pretty bad for a FPS game.

The buttons are incredibly small, and tucked in the corners of the device or near the edges. This makes them rather hard to press.

The fire and aim button are located down the bottom right corner of the iPhone screen. Their small size and location make it hard to fire or aim accurately, occasioning to frequent (and frustrating) 'deaths' when your gun doesn't fire when confronted by an enemy. The crouch button is hidden right at the bottom left corner of the screen, and it's harder to activate than the fire button but it's less essential to the gameplay so the issue is not as large.

There are no alternative controls, nor are the controls customizable. Swiping and a floating joystick are responsible for looking and movement.

This is not a bad game, but the small buttons and non-customizable controls (and I'll add in the lack of alternate control schemes) does let the game down.
I probably should have mentioned that I'm playing on an iPad 2, so I can't speak to the small buttons. I'm not saying its not true, just not an issue with the larger screen. It would certainly help (always) to offer customizable controls. I don't find the swiping mechanic any different than other shooters on the platform, but to each his/her own. It's certainly not a perfect game, but for some reason it's scratching an itch I didn't even realize I had.