★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Spanish Main is full of merchant ships carrying the spoils of the New World but, beware, other pirates are also on the prowl and the Spanish navy wont tolerate their vessels falling prey to the rogues of the sea. Captain your ship, fire its cannons, unleash powerful voodoo spells, deploy strategic munitions and make rival pirates walk the plank as you seek to plunder a bustling Spanish trade route. Combining action-packed nautical combat with completely original ideas and concepts, Awesome Pirates is an addictive pirate game that is perfectly suited to touch-screen gameplay.

Key Features:

Simple yet challenging game controls and mechanics
Summon powerful voodoo spells and deploy strategic munitions
Master the art of the ricochet to chain together exciting cannonball combos
Capture rival pirate captains and make them walk the plank
Fire four distinctive types of cannonballs from special pickups
Obtain 30 different ranks by completing 90 unique objectives
Complete 25 challenging achievements

CheekyMammoth's comments:

See page 3 for Echoseven's impressions of v1.1

04-13-2012, 09:32 AM
I have to say this game looks pretty fun. I think I may pick it up. I did buy it and have three words to say to the Dev. Very nice job. The game is a bunch of fun. The controls are easy to use and the game is easy to play. You are a captain of a pirate ship and your job is to sink the other vessels at sea. If you let to many get away the game is over. I like the way you can pick up specials such as other shots and spells. The game is easily played by anyone. I can see spending a bunch of my time playing this game. At .99 everyone who is looking for a good fun game should pick this one up.

Game Center- SLEB Openfient- sleb plus+ sleb

Last edited by sleb; 04-13-2012 at 09:56 AM.

04-13-2012, 10:22 AM
I may have to pick this up. Interesting concept.

Check out Spark It Up, an award-winning music/action game with my music!
04-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Hi Sleb,

We're only a small development team and your feedback was really nice to hear! We love playing the game and we're just delighted that others do too. Thanks for taking the time to comment :-)

And I gotta tell you, the more your skills increase with Cutlass Cove, the more fun it is! You're down 5 red crosses and every shot is on a knife edge, but somehow your instinct kicks in and you just keep making clutch shot after clutch shot. There's yellow numbers flying everywhere as you hit left, right and center. You needed your Voodoo spells earlier, but somehow your game has gone to a new level and you can dominate Day 5 with just your cannons and a keen instinct for awesome ricochet chains. It's still an adrenaline rush for me after playing it for many months.

Best of luck with the Rogues of the Sea competition if you choose to enter!

Paul (Code Monkey dev)
04-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Glad to see you here on touch Arcade. It is great when you get to interact with the Dev. And see that he/she cares about their game and customers. I will always buy a game from the devs who care over those you never hear from. Thanks for the great game, and keep up the good work.
P.s. I already signed up with a score of 618,660. Did that on about the 5th game,with the multiplier at 12.

Game Center- SLEB Openfient- sleb plus+ sleb
04-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Hi guys,

We've had a few people ask for advice about how to tackle the 3rd objective when you're rank 4 going for rank 5 that asks you to score 500,000 without getting any ricochets. I'd offer a few quick tips:

1. Don't shoot ships that are near the edge of the screen - it could ricochet to another ship that is just coming into sight.

2. If two ships are right near each other, maneuver your ship so that when you fire your cannon, the trajectory of your cannonball does not lead to a ricochet.

3. Make sure when you use your voodoo spells that your accuracy bonus is maxed at 3 cannonballs on deck (ie you see yellow numbers) as you will receive double score for all ships sunk by the voodoo spell.

Good luck!

Last edited by CheekyMammoth; 04-14-2012 at 12:46 PM.
04-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyMammoth View Post
Hi guys,

We've had a few people ask for advice about how to tackle the 3rd objective when you're rank 4 going for rank 5 that asks you to score 500,000 without getting any ricochets. I'd offer a few quick tips:

1. Don't shoot ships that are near the edge of the screen - it could ricochet to another ship that is just coming into sight.

2. If two ships are right near each other, maneuver your ship so that when you fire your cannon, the trajectory of your cannonball does not lead to a ricochet.

3. Make sure when you use your voodoo spells that your accuracy bonus is maxed at 3 cannonballs on deck (ie you see yellow numbers) as you will receive double score for all ships sunk by the voodoo spell.

Good luck!
Yeah when I did it the way I found that worked best was use just cannons till around 80-100k points trying to keep the non missing bonus then use voodoo spells while the non miss bonus is active. Once you use a couple of the voodoo spells you should be fairly close to the 500k. Another tough one was the don't sink a Navy ship till day 2 noon that one took me awhile haha
04-14-2012, 02:00 PM
You're getting up to some tough ranks, Daver. I'll be really interested to see how you go.

And has anyone unlocked the secret achievement yet? Can anyone name the two 80's movie references in the Achievements list? :-)
04-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Yeah trying to get as high rank as I can currently working on the 20 ships with the ghost ship. I don't think I've gotten the secret one yet I do like the Back to the Future and Ghostbusters references!
04-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Game Impressions