★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Amoebattle now free on freemyapps.com

04-13-2012, 07:49 AM
Amoebattle now free on freemyapps.com

I've been saving up my points in freemyapps for a decent game and this came along, thought I'd pass it on. Freemyapps is a service that gives you points for downloading free apps, you can then trade those points in for paid games/apps. Here is the itunes link for Amoebattle here is the link to freemyapps

Last edited by dalbertson; 04-13-2012 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Took out Junowallet info
04-13-2012, 08:37 AM
JunoWallet got pulled.

Playing: Infinity Blade II, Angry Birds
Favorites: Puzzle Agent, Paladog, Game Dev Story, Lara Croft
Beta Tested: Fara, Monster Trainer, Homerun Battle 2

04-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Just tried nabbing it on freemyapps, and though it's listed, it says not available when I try to download. Hopefully, it becomes available soon, though. That'd be a nice savings. I've had about 1300 credits saved up and been waiting for something worthwhile to download.

Thanks for the heads-up.
04-13-2012, 08:59 AM
I got it last night.
The game is priced in the AppStore at $5, so compared to the other fraps selections it is a really good value.

Definitely grab it quick if it comes back up ....
04-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Awesome pick-up for just 800 FMA creds. Thanks for the heads up. Should be a fun RTS. Probably the fifth "good" one on the iOS after 3 years and a half. Looking forward to skirmish/multiplayer in the future.

Twitter: @back2this
04-13-2012, 09:04 AM
Honestly not sure this belongs in this forum, but I'll bite.

How legit is this site? Has anyone had any issues with it? I know you give them access to your device id, but still worry about them somehow getting into your iTunes account, etc.
04-13-2012, 09:24 AM
It seems legit. I can't be sure..but it I think installs a cookie (or something similar) in Safari to make sure you actually download and run a game, and to maintain your account. You can always go to Safari settings and reset all site preference or something to get rid of it. I tried resetting and it seems to work so next time visiting the site, it asked to install the cookie again. I've gotten some apps from them.

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
04-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Honestly not sure this belongs in this forum, but I'll bite.

How legit is this site? Has anyone had any issues with it? I know you give them access to your device id, but still worry about them somehow getting into your iTunes account, etc.
I researched them a while back before signing up, and though I can't remember the parent company offhand, I do remember seeing that FMA is a subsidiary of a reputable advertising firm. Take that for what it's worth, though, as I don't trust any company very much, no matter how big they are or how long they've been around.

The access you grant to FMA allows them to monitor how much time you've spent with the apps you download in order to verify you've completed the allotted 30-second time with each promo app.
04-13-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyDad View Post
I researched them a while back before signing up, and though I can't remember the parent company offhand, I do remember seeing that FMA is a subsidiary of a reputable advertising firm. Take that for what it's worth, though, as I don't trust any company very much, no matter how big they are or how long they've been around.

The access you grant to FMA allows them to monitor how much time you've spent with the apps you download in order to verify you've completed the allotted 30-second time with each promo app.
As long as they aren't storing anything like my iTunes password/credit card, I'm fine with that. And I'm assuming none of you have seen any strange charges to your iTunes account.

Anyway, tried it for the first time for Run Run Roo so I'll see how that goes.

Right now quite a few of the points are gained from iPad only apps so I have no idea how I could rack up a lot of points. I assume the offers change somewhat regularly.

Sorry for the diversion...happy Amoebattle gaming for those who get it!
04-13-2012, 10:19 AM
I racked up enough credits to get Amoebattle, but it isn't currently available. Does anyone know how long it typically takes for a game to become available again or should I not expect it to be available and shift my focus onto another game?

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy