Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-14-2012, 10:05 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Sorry for the screen-mirroring issue some people are seeing. Incredible (and embarrassing!) that we didn't come across this (the game was in testing for months). The workaround for now is to rotate the iPad to the other landscape orientation (i.e. turn it upside down), and then it syncs up. But we'll get this sorted out as soon as possible, hopefully this weekend.

Red Marble Games
[url]http://www.redmarblegames.com[/url]
Old 04-14-2012, 10:16 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMarbleGames View Post
Sorry for the screen-mirroring issue some people are seeing. Incredible (and embarrassing!) that we didn't come across this (the game was in testing for months). The workaround for now is to rotate the iPad to the other landscape orientation (i.e. turn it upside down), and then it syncs up. But we'll get this sorted out as soon as possible, hopefully this weekend.

Red Marble Games
http://www.redmarblegames.com
Don't forget multitasking
Old 04-14-2012, 10:28 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

redmarble, can you confirm the expansions are coming? If so, eta?
Old 04-14-2012, 10:34 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

So more on the gameplay.....?

Is this kinda like a strategy 4x Sim? Doe s in come with all the little bells and whistles that a 4x game have ... Like resources and ability trees etc... I want to get this but really don't have time for a vast 4x sim game now..due to sooo much on my plate...is this a more semi casual user friendly game I can get sucked into rather then spend 2 hrs building a space and feeding a huge planet with stuff I grew or manufactured?!
Old 04-14-2012, 10:49 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
So more on the gameplay.....?

Is this kinda like a strategy 4x Sim? Doe s in come with all the little bells and whistles that a 4x game have ... Like resources and ability trees etc... I want to get this but really don't have time for a vast 4x sim game now..due to sooo much on my plate...is this a more semi casual user friendly game I can get sucked into rather then spend 2 hrs building a space and feeding a huge planet with stuff I grew or manufactured?!
It's quite the exact opposite of a 4x sim. You create your units, You place those units and give your orders before the battle and then you watch the battle unfold.
There's no unit management during the battles, no ressources, no micro management, nothing to construct. It's a really original way of doing an RTS. If you want, go watch some videos (they explain it better than I do) and you'll see what's it all about

It's like a super casual But fun RTS that consist only of huge battles.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:09 AM

Alright, got it for the iPad 1. While it is great fun, I can't recommend it at this point. The game is ridiculously unstable on the original iPad (4.3 iOS), it crashes after every match (before the statistics), even if I check the fleet in the menu. Basically I'm afraid to do anything fancy at this point. Here's hope the devs will fix this asap. Otherwise, this could be a great game at some point, especially if they release the add-ons.

Also, Space Battles! You cannot fail with that template.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Developer
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fimb View Post
Alright, got it for the iPad 1. While it is great fun, I can't recommend it at this point. The game is ridiculously unstable on the original iPad (4.3 iOS), it crashes after every match (before the statistics), even if I check the fleet in the menu. Basically I'm afraid to do anything fancy at this point. Here's hope the devs will fix this asap. Otherwise, this could be a great game at some point, especially if they release the add-ons.

Also, Space Battles! You cannot fail with that template.
It's probably due to the ridiculously small amount of RAM in the iPad 1... Only 256MB. The iPad 2 has 512MB, and the "New" iPad has 1GB of RAM, so the newer generations of hardware don't see this trouble.

They may not even be aware of the problem and limits on older devices like yours, since the rotation issue was missed.

My only real gripe is the multitasking, or lack of it... I understand this came from the PC... Saving state completely at any point will likely be impossible to hack in now. However, it would be nice if they hooked into ApplicationWillResignActive and ApplicationDidBecomeActive events to pause their OpenGL rendering and resume it again.

This would allow the game to pause and background itself temporarily, and then come back where you left off as long as you have sufficient RAM. If GSB was terminated while in the background due to low RAM, you would be hosed, but at least this would be easy to implement and allow you to pop out occasionally to check email... Not the perfect solution, but it would be much better than the current situation!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
It's quite the exact opposite of a 4x sim. You create your units, You place those units and give your orders before the battle and then you watch the battle unfold.
There's no unit management during the battles, no ressources, no micro management, nothing to construct. It's a really original way of doing an RTS. If you want, go watch some videos (they explain it better than I do) and you'll see what's it all about

It's like a super casual But fun RTS that consist only of huge battles.
Wow man that exactly what I been looking for ....and need ! Im heading over to those videos and I'm sure the AppStore soon after lol

Many thanks
Old 04-14-2012, 11:44 AM

Thanks CommanderData. I won't lie and say I understand what you say, but I hope It's not hopeless for us original ipad users. The app description says it's "compatible with ipad", which is clearly not the case at this point (it IS compatible, until it crashes, a lot, inevitably).

If the devs are listening -- can we have an eta for a possible patch to solve the crashing problem on older devices? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-14-2012, 11:49 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I don't know that I'd go as far to describe the game as "casual." There is a lot of complexity and strategy in setting up the ships before battle.