★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Is there any way to COMPLETELY delete a game's data from your ipod?

05-17-2009, 12:53 PM
Is there any way to COMPLETELY delete a game's data from your ipod?

I don't mean simply removing it from your device/itunes library. Is there a way to completely delete all traces of the game?

The game in question is Epic Pet Wars. I bought some of the respect points, but used them foolishly and would like to start a fresh pet. I cannot re-buy the points, however. Is this possible to do?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
05-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycent View Post
I don't mean simply removing it from your device/itunes library. Is there a way to completely delete all traces of the game?

The game in question is Epic Pet Wars. I bought some of the respect points, but used them foolishly and would like to start a fresh pet. I cannot re-buy the points, however. Is this possible to do?

No I don't think that's possible, because I know the games like that (iMafia, imob, etc.) are traced by the serial number in your iDevice. So my answer would be no, although I might be wrong.

05-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycent View Post

when you delete it from your iDevice it will delete all traces. + you can restore and lost ALL data.
05-17-2009, 01:28 PM
The answer's kind of between the two, possibly...

You can completely delete a game from your iPhone by just deleting it...

However, if the game in question has stored data about your instance of the game on a remote server - most specifically your iPhone ID - then even deleting it will not change this. When you re-install and connect to the remote server, you will communicate with the same ID and therefore the server will retrieve your old details.

In this instance I would suggest you contact the guys who run the game - see if something can be done their end?

Chances are, though, that since the game is built around you spending money on points and then using those points, they'll not let you re-use the points. I would expect they suggest you instead buy some more... I hate those games ;-)

Cheers,

Jamie.
05-17-2009, 01:47 PM
That's the thing, though. I can't buy more, as I've already purchased the apps that add more points. And I've already tried deleting it both on itunes and my device.
05-17-2009, 02:19 PM
U probably will need to speak to the guys running the app then...

Jamie.
05-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Yeah its tied to iphone id so you have to have them reset your profile.

I hate these kind of games personally. They are all just money making scams. Anyone can make these games as there many existing versions to template off yet they can rake in so much money through sale of points

Now Playing:Real Racing 2, Galaxy on Fire 2, Reckless Racing.
05-17-2009, 03:16 PM
When you delete it from the device the saved info is lost (like Highscores) I believe.
05-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixBilalxi View Post
Yeah its tied to iphone id so you have to have them reset your profile.

I hate these kind of games personally. They are all just money making scams. Anyone can make these games as there many existing versions to template off yet they can rake in so much money through sale of points
Epic Pet wars is a lot better than most of the other stupid games by playmesh.

How would I go about contacting them?
05-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Email iphone@epicpetwars.com

Cheers,

Jamie.