★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

AstroWings - War has begins [SIC!] (PLAYBEAN) [$0.99->FREE]

04-16-2012, 06:10 AM
AstroWings - War has begins [SIC!] (PLAYBEAN) [$0.99->FREE]

nice shmup, first time free since released three days ago. 2 of its 3 playing modes are IAP.. if you can see beyond all these, and beyond the horrible game name, then you might actually enjoy this one.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
04-16-2012, 06:58 AM
Just noticed this going free, too. Looks like a fun one to check out this evening!

04-16-2012, 07:20 AM
[Sic!] You made my day dude

all your bases are belong to us

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatusernameistaken
There's this thing they invented way back in the 80's, it's called a "Joke". You may want to look into it...
Instagram: i5_david, feel free to add me
04-16-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipod_david View Post
[Sic!] You made my day dude

all your bases are belong to us
haha thanks!

You have no chance to survive make your time.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
04-16-2012, 07:40 AM
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Nice looking but the IAP'S and Epic grammar fail in the title make it a no no for me.
04-16-2012, 10:04 AM
Not only are the IAPs a turn-off, but the game seems broken or overly difficult just within the first few seconds. I had barely started up the game and died.

Cave games are challenging, but playable. Death in this just seems cheap.

...pass
04-16-2012, 12:11 PM
These guys keep making the same game over and over and pulling the old versions from the AppStore. Paidmium shooters are a terrible idea, but at least they're giving it away now, freemium shooters are still a terrible idea, but somewhat less repulsive. Have fun buying your way up the scoreboards, personally I already has deletes
04-16-2012, 02:50 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
These guys keep making the same game over and over and pulling the old versions from the AppStore. Paidmium shooters are a terrible idea, but at least they're giving it away now, freemium shooters are still a terrible idea, but somewhat less repulsive. Have fun buying your way up the scoreboards, personally I already has deletes
Yeah, it's exactly the same as the other 4 or 5 Astrowings games that have hit the AppStore. No difference in enemies, the enemy patterns, bullets, upgrades... They did add survival and time attack modes, but they cost another dollar each, and I have the feeling they're just the regular mission mode but timed, or strung together.

Dev group definitely on my no buy list.
04-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Yeah, it's exactly the same as the other 4 or 5 Astrowings games that have hit the AppStore. No difference in enemies, the enemy patterns, bullets, upgrades... They did add survival and time attack modes, but they cost another dollar each, and I have the feeling they're just the regular mission mode but timed, or strung together.

Dev group definitely on my no buy list.
Explosions are a little better and you have all weapons at start including toothpaste laser. Music still sucks. Fps have dropped from astrowings2. All your base.... I was going to say that!
04-16-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Yeah, it's exactly the same as the other 4 or 5 Astrowings games that have hit the AppStore.
I feel violated.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80