★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ohmz out now - $3.99

05-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Ohmz out now - $3.99

[iTunes]

Link to preview thread.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper

Last edited by VoodooVyper; 05-17-2009 at 06:31 PM.
05-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Hey VoodooVyper,

This looks pretty decent, have you tried it yet?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

05-17-2009, 07:45 PM
I don't think many have because of the price point and the amount of content.

05-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
I don't think many have because of the price point and the amount of content.
Agreed. I have not.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
05-17-2009, 07:56 PM
I am considering Ohmz. Looks nice.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
05-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Yeah, tough to come out with what will be seen as a Peggle knock-off (even if it really isn't exactly) just a week or two afterwards.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Hey guys, Brian Chaon here. The main designer of Ohmz. Thought i would drop in and give you guys a little insider info.

We are listening and we want to know your opinions. The current price point for Ohmz is for our long list of friends and family who want to support our new business. We know that the price point seems a little high to the rest of you (even though you could probably find the change in your couch), but we are currently waiting for some more of our friends and family to pick it up. So if you want to hang on a little longer. (EDIT: Yes they know they are getting charged more, we're not trying to rip off our friends and family see below)

I'll tell you a little more about the game. A few reviewers put this as a "clone" or in some cases "Rip-off" of Peggle. Really peggle is a "clone" or in some cases "Rip-off" of Pachinko and classic Pinball. When I designed Ohmz I was trying to actually re-create the ball bouncing effect of Peggle except I wanted it to bounce more. I enjoyed playing peggle quite a bit. I liked the way Peggle worked. But I didn't want to remake Peggle. Essentially I wanted to make a game that did what Peggle didn't. For one I wanted to control that fricken bucket at the bottom of the screen, this in it self changed how the game played. I knew from the start that being able to control the catcher would be of little interest if I only had one falling object to worry about. If you look at real pachinko style games there are usually more balls in play. I wanted to emulate some of that chaos and the chaos of multi-ball pinball. So no when ever the ball hits a peg another object is put into play that you have to catch... or in the case of red sparks, avoid. As you can guess, it can get pretty intense and quite fun. I love that feeling of "Oh God!" when 20+ objects are falling. The launchers also change the game away from Peggle as well as the faster action of the ball. So far I have had several people tell me that after playing our game and going back to Peggle, Peggle's Ball seems kind of dead and slow.

I also want to let you guys know, there are more levels coming. We already have quite a few bonus levels built. Let us know what levels you like and what you would like to see. We have plans to beat out the number of levels in the other games out there. Those who have it, Level 29 is beatable. Let us know if you pull it off.

Also let us know what features you would like to see added. We will see what we can do. We already have several we are hammering out.

We wanted to get the game out sooner than later. We each have monetary reasons, but recently we found out the Jordan, one of our artists, is going to be a father. Congratulations to him and his wife.

We already have 2 more games on the burner, but i can't tell you about them just yet. Expect some more fun soon and thanks for your support. Feel free to ask anything you like, I will be watching this thread.

Last edited by zeven; 05-18-2009 at 01:42 PM.
05-18-2009, 01:18 PM
Hi Brian, welcome to the forum.

I'm planning to pick this up tonight so I'll be back with impressions and feedback. I always take comments that a game is a clone of something else with a grain of salt. Whether you like it or not, every game today has elements found in previous games.
05-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeven View Post
The current price point for Ohmz is for our long list of friends and family who want to support our new business. We know that the price point seems a little high to the rest of you (even though you could probably find the change in your couch), but we are currently waiting for some more of our friends and family to pick it up. So if you want to hang on a little longer.
Am I to understand that you are intentionally charging your friends and family *more* than you plan to charge regular consumers? ...
05-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Am I to understand that you are intentionally charging your friends and family *more* than you plan to charge regular consumers? ...
That was my impression too, but I decided to let that one go