★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Angels & Demons ($4.99)

05-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Angels & Demons ($4.99)

Has anyone tried this game out yet? It looks to be based off the movie...

Angels&Demons
Play as Robert Langdon as he races to stop the illumanati and save the Vatican from destruction!

In this game created for the iPhone and iPod Touch, solve a series of peg puzzles based on the four elements: Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. Solve each puzzle and uncover clues that move Robert along the Path of Illumination, culminating in an explosive ending!

*Series of Peg solitaire puzzles, each puzzle has a unique layout and individual goal

*Story is based off the bestselling book and upcoming blockbuster movie!

*Solve each puzzle to uncover the clue that will lead Robert Langdon to his next location

*Incredible visual effects when complicated "jumps" are completed

*Cutting Edge Graphics

*Different types of pegs, each with different characteristics add twists to the gameplay

*Perfect for the puzzle fan; unlock challenge mode for even more puzzles

05-17-2009, 06:35 PM

05-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Haha, I generally hate price whining, but this game is so expensive for what is essentially a promotion for the movie franchise.

But I do like peg solitaire games, so I'd like to hear impressions if anyone ever buys this...
05-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
Haha, I generally hate price whining, but this game is so expensive for what is essentially a promotion for the movie franchise.

But I do like peg solitaire games, so I'd like to hear impressions if anyone ever buys this...
Same here.. at least we know there will be a price drop soon.
05-17-2009, 07:00 PM
i love how all movies have to have games now to go along with them =P
05-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendons View Post
and the games are usually not the best and have nearly nothing to do with them besides the name of the game and menu screen

Playing: Chopper 2, Pocket God, Minigore, Battle Bears-1, Doodle Jump, Tilt to Live, SuperMega Worm
Plus+: J3553 | Feint: J3553H | Crystal: J3553 | Gameloft Live: J3553
05-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendons View Post
This is not a recent phenomenon. It even works the other way. Off the top of my head I can recall movies based on Mario, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat. And we can't forget the Wizard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The movie was not well received by some critics, being commented that it was little more than a 90-minute commercial for Nintendo games and Universal Studios Hollywood. In particular, Roger Ebert, found the movie's situations implausible, while Washington Post Staff Writer, Rita Kempley, found the movie to be tacky and moribund.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
05-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
This is not a recent phenomenon. It even works the other way. Off the top of my head I can recall movies based on Mario, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat. And we can't forget the Wizard.
^pokemon movies :')
05-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starjimstar View Post
I don't buy that Wiki entry about The Wizard. It was NOT just a commercial for Nintendo -- Jimmy had to get to Califooooornia!!!

Haha, LOVED that movie back in the day. A brand NEW game!?!?!? Noooo!
05-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I don't buy that Wiki entry about The Wizard. It was NOT just a commercial for Nintendo -- Jimmy had to get to Califooooornia!!!

Haha, LOVED that movie back in the day. A brand NEW game!?!?!? Noooo!
It was a pretty sweet movie, wasn't it?

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ