★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: MumboJumbo
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 88.1 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: 7 Wonders 2 transports you back in time to far away lands to complete an unbelievable mission: Build the 7 Wonders of the World! Match three to give your workers the resources they need to build the unbelievable sights from Stonehenge to the Taj Mahal. Incredible new power-ups and bonuses help you piece together the hidden map and uncover the secret route leading to the most wondrous sight.

Whether youre returning to 7 Wonders or are new to the game, 7 Wonders 2 offers addictive, fresh matching fun!

7 all new locations!
New explosive power-ups, including Clock Stopper and Phantom Bonus
Enhanced gameplay and beautiful graphics!

Visit us on the App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/mumbojumbo/id312416866
to find more amazing casual games from MumboJumbo including: the Luxor Series, Midnight Mysteries Series, 7 Wonders Series and more!

Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MumboJumboGames
Follow us on Twitter: @MumboJumboGames
04-18-2012, 02:04 AM
Great news, but...

There's no mention of Retina on the new iPad - are they kidding? 80% of the description is a listing of their other games. Played this briefly on the PC and it's a good one... but need more info. Don't want another half-ass Alawar-style update which blows save games away.

Life's too Short for long-Ass Cut Scenes

GameCenter: JCat
04-18-2012, 08:13 AM
The original game is one of the best match-3s in the store. Magical Mystery Tour was a clear upgrade in graphics and a slightly less clear yet still valid upgrade in gameplay. This release's raison d'tre is somewhat less clear, and strikes me a little as merely more of the same. That said, I'm still highly likely to pick it up, at least eventually if not right away. Would be curious to hear how this distinguishes itself from Magical Mystery Tour, from anyone who's played both.
04-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Aw man, with this title, I thought it was an adaptation of the (excellent) board game.
04-18-2012, 08:58 AM
It's a lot like Magical Mystery Tour. It looks pretty good on the new iPad. You can tell it's not completely optimized for retina because the text is a bit fuzzy in places. It has that same wonderfully smooth Match-3 gameplay that we've come to expect from the series.

It's still all about dropping pieces(blocks) to the bottom of the screen, and this time you're finding map pieces when you make a match on the square of the same color.

With that said, I'm still happy with my purchase. I do hope they completely upgrade the graphics. (However, it is not so bad that I would only play it on my iPad 2...)

XBox Gamertag, GC, OpenFeint, Plus+: tecwrtr
Senior Technical Writer - always happy to write reviews!
04-18-2012, 09:53 PM
I loved both previous 7 wonders ipad games, already picked this up but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Would be nice if it had some new gameplay elements, but even if it doesn't more of the same would be fine by me.