Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-19-2012, 01:24 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazvanGNR View Post
Hard to believe considering your name! )
LOL. Yes.... I need more sugar to get my brain going again!

--

I agree the movement speed should be faster but I guess they want them to be realistically "jogging" or "walking" rather than every unit running. The saddest part is when you use a cavalry, they go FAST and then i have to keep hitting stop to keep the archers or whoever behind them caught up lol.

Some exp missions are fun, and some are downright insane. The funnest one so far I've played is attacking the 2 cannons with the 2 elite samurai and 2 elite gun troops. If you haven't played the EXP mission, you're missing out. It's just so epic waiting for your gunmen to reload (i was yelling at them that they're gonna DIE if they don't reload quicker), getting mowed down by cannon balls, then having your samurai charge. I ended up beating the level with ONE elite samurai standing. He mauled 2 entire squads of units alone then the last canon guy was helpless once i was too close. This game makes me feel like a hero.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:44 PM

Someone at SEGA finally did spread out the Launch Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-19-2012, 03:13 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Looking at Samurai Bloodshow's launch, I expect 2 or 3 price increases and decreases within 30 days.
Old 04-19-2012, 04:52 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Some exp missions are fun, and some are downright insane. The funnest one so far I've played is attacking the 2 cannons with the 2 elite samurai and 2 elite gun troops. If you haven't played the EXP mission, you're missing out. It's just so epic waiting for your gunmen to reload (i was yelling at them that they're gonna DIE if they don't reload quicker), getting mowed down by cannon balls, then having your samurai charge. I ended up beating the level with ONE elite samurai standing. He mauled 2 entire squads of units alone then the last canon guy was helpless once i was too close. This game makes me feel like a hero.
LOL! I loved that mission! (sarcasm). I raged because my samurais constantly failed to deflect arrows. In my first try, my ENTIRE squad of samurai died to one volley.

I learnt to use my matchlocks as cannon bait in future EXP missions .
Old 04-19-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
LOL! I loved that mission! (sarcasm). I raged because my samurais constantly failed to deflect arrows. In my first try, my ENTIRE squad of samurai died to one volley.

I learnt to use my matchlocks as cannon bait in future EXP missions .
Well the mission after that took me an hour to figure out! So difficult because it relies heavily on what hexagons you put your units in and which type of unit attacks first.

You basically have to use arrows/gunners to pick off anyone with long range weapons and position them in spots that'll let them get the first attack.

The Samurais you have to use carefully. I would purchase their elite units first before any other unit. After playing a bit, I'm convinced they are the most powerful unit. They can destroy squads of any other unit as long as they aren't long range (or if you can attack them from the side which means any long range unit is screwed). This is why you need cannon fodder or long range units to take the charge.. samurais are basically your hit squad to clean up whatever survives. Too bad the CPU can't run from them
Old 04-19-2012, 11:27 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Well the mission after that took me an hour to figure out! So difficult because it relies heavily on what hexagons you put your units in and which type of unit attacks first.

You basically have to use arrows/gunners to pick off anyone with long range weapons and position them in spots that'll let them get the first attack.

The Samurais you have to use carefully. I would purchase their elite units first before any other unit. After playing a bit, I'm convinced they are the most powerful unit. They can destroy squads of any other unit as long as they aren't long range (or if you can attack them from the side which means any long range unit is screwed). This is why you need cannon fodder or long range units to take the charge.. samurais are basically your hit squad to clean up whatever survives. Too bad the CPU can't run from them
But like any Total War game, battles can be won on a whim rather than unit stats . I've seen my 2 man samurai squad annihilate 3 groups of common swordsman with no support, and occasionally having far less successful records.

Well, it's unsurprising that samurais take the spotlight here, they are the stars of the game after all . Now here's my question: how do you counter them, without access to cavalry?
Old 04-20-2012, 01:46 AM

Quote:
But like any Total War game, battles can be won on a whim rather than unit stats . I've seen my 2 man samurai squad annihilate 3 groups of common swordsman with no support, and occasionally having far less successful records.

Well, it's unsurprising that samurais take the spotlight here, they are the stars of the game after all . Now here's my question: how do you counter them, without access to cavalry?
you're absolutely right lol. i'm sure half the players got the game just for the samurais (count me in that!). love seeing them parry with other enemies.

samurais will still go down eventually against decent units but like you said, ronin and those lower spearmen are completely useless on samurai. watching my samurai get killed, it would seem the best way to counter them is archers and gunmen. archers are worse but they will eventually punch a hole in their health. gunmen demolish practically any unit. or you can just get the cannonball and place it in the direct line of some samurai and do a renactment of the Last Samurai movie :P (maybe you can unlock those "gattling howitzers" with a cheat code lol.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:07 AM

So, any new info on the IAP?
Is this required to max everything out? Or can you get enough EXP during the Campaign from the "Puzzle" missions?
Old 04-20-2012, 03:25 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweTSE View Post
So, any new info on the IAP?
Is this required to max everything out? Or can you get enough EXP during the Campaign from the "Puzzle" missions?
You're late, sir.
Check my post a few pages back (I display 40 posts per page so I don't know what page it is for you).

In short: yes, and no.

@L.Lawliet
Lol, I upgraded Leadership so I can command 9 units. I employ 2 foot soldier squads before two archers in a line to hold the samurai squad in place. A big fat cannon behind them .
A pretty crude and ineffective strategy I must say, but since the only other alternatives are the two spearmen squads, I can't say I've got much choice.
Old 04-20-2012, 04:26 AM

Quote:
You're late, sir.
Check my post a few pages back (I display 40 posts per page so I don't know what page it is for you).

In short: yes, and no.

@L.Lawliet
Lol, I upgraded Leadership so I can command 9 units. I employ 2 foot soldier squads before two archers in a line to hold the samurai squad in place. A big fat cannon behind them .
A pretty crude and ineffective strategy I must say, but since the only other alternatives are the two spearmen squads, I can't say I've got much choice.
Okay, weird. This review: (http://thesmartphoneappreview.com/ip...iphone-review/) said: "Luckily, the in-app purchases are simply for extra EXP [...] so I would recommend just playing some side missions if you must 100% everything".

So this isn't true?

Also, do you know if the IAPs are restore-able? If I were to purchase a EXP-pack, it would be a shame if I couldn't restore it, lets say if I play through the campaign again.

Thanks in advance