★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ILLUSIA 2 App Store Descriptions

Casual Platform Action RPG Returns

"Illusia 2, much like its predecessor, is absolutely jammed with content and brimming with passion from its flawed but boundlessly enthusiastic developers." -Pocketgamer.co.uk

Solve the mystery behind what is causing the nightmares!

An evil force has invaded the Dream World giving everyone nightmares! Help the heroes Angela, Chris and Ares vanquish evil and restore peace to their land in this sequel to the hit RPG, ILLUSIA.

With a thrilling storyline, full of twists and turns, ILLUSIA 2 takes the immersive gameplay of the original masterpiece and embellishes it with more colorful side scrolling adventures, diverse skill training and endless customizable options.

FEATURES

--------------------------

ENDLESS GAME PLAY WITH ADDITIONAL MODES

Clear the story then go head to head in asynchronous PVP Mode, Defense Mode,Rush

Mode and Mission Mode!

CHOOSE FROM 3 CHARACTERS WITH 20 NEW SKILLS

Pick Magician, Warrior or the new Assassin and hone your skills to defeat evil

and restore peace!

NEW BEAUTIFUL ARMOR AND WEAPONRY

Customize your character from head to toe with 40,000 new costumes and weapons while specializing in unique skills!

NEW FAIRY HELP SYSTEM

Fearlessly tackle new challenges as Ede, your own fairy, handles your dirty work!

FOUR NEW WORLDS TO EXPLORE

Battle your way through four unique platforms: Food World, Adventure World, Toy World and Hope World through visceral side scrolling gameplay!

Echoseven's comments:

04-18-2012, 06:03 AM

Since it`s Free I`m expecting a iAP Monster

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-18-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: HD Gameplay Trailer added (iPad 2).

04-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Since it`s Free I`m expecting a iAP Monster
yeah, pretty much what i'm thinking. gonna try this anyway, though.

Noise brings so many things, make my tingling skin freeze.
Follow a Panda bear and make Twitter a better place!
04-18-2012, 06:41 AM
It's hard to get excited about Gamevil these days; lots of potential wasted on sleazy business model.
04-18-2012, 06:43 AM
Most or all of Gamevil's titles are fully playable and enjoyable without IAP, so if Illusia 2 follows the trend set by Zenonia 4 and the latest Baseball Superstars, it might be stocked with IAP, but the purchases will be completely redundant for enjoyment of the game.

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
04-18-2012, 06:59 AM
Enjoyed the first game, although it became a killer grindfest late game. It sucks seeing all of Gamevil's new KRPGs released as freemium titles though. KRPGs are already grind-intensive, but when they're free..

Twitter: @back2this
04-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Enjoyed the first game, although it became a killer grindfest late game. It sucks seeing all of Gamevil's new KRPGs released as freemium titles though. KRPGs are already grind-intensive, but when they're free..
^this...

i was excited to see the sequel, but when i saw it was free.... my heart sunk x_x

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
04-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexiel View Post
^this...

i was excited to see the sequel, but when i saw it was free.... my heart sunk x_x
as did i! sunk that it was free
04-18-2012, 08:02 AM
Agreed.

Ideally, I would pay more for a KRPG that was balanced to be a tight fast-flowing game without IAP, instead of a grind-fest with IAP.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
04-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Agreed.

Ideally, I would pay more for a KRPG that was balanced to be a tight fast-flowing game without IAP, instead of a grind-fest with IAP.
To date, my favorite Gamevil game is still the original Zenonia. Replayed it five times when it first came out early 2009 since it was pretty much the only KRPG at the time. They got everything right then. The series and their games have slowly declined since then in a number of ways. They charged $5.99 for the game.

Twitter: @back2this