★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: vipValet 1.2 - List of new features..

05-17-2009, 09:30 PM
vipValet 1.2 - List of new features..

Hey guys,

I've been hard at work on vipValet v1.2. I wanted to give you a heads up so you know what's coming your way. Almost all of the features implemented here came from this forum, so I wanted to also thank you for your input.

First off, the obvious Global High Scores. When you end a game and you have a high score, you will be presented with this screen:

You can link the high score to your Pwned.com account if you have one or just submit it anonymously with just your name. The high score list will be located off the main menu and will be displayed at Pwned.com. This is what it currently looks like:

I still have to clean it up a bit.. also if you use your Pwned.com account, your display picture will be shown alongside your name. Another addition to the high score list which isn't shown in this screenshot is how many cars it took you to get your score.

The next major update is flipping the map.

It's definitely a lot easier to see which car belongs to which person now that your hands aren't in the way.

I also added obstacles. If your car crashes into anything, it will leave behind some debris and a set of cones. They will stay on the screen for a little bit and other cars can't touch them. That means if you crash near the entry point, cars will get backed up until the cones are gone. This adds an extra challenge to the game.. before a crash just meant that your meter went really low. Now the meter goes low AND there are cones that you must avoid.

While we're on the topic of crashes, I made it so the screen shakes when an accident occurs. Not a physical shake.. just a simulated one. It looks pretty neat and makes sure you don't miss a crash when it happens.

I also added a warning when your rage meter gets too low. The whole screen will start to glow red after the meter gets below and will become more and more red the lower it gets. If you get your meter up, the red goes away. This makes it so you don't have to constantly watch the meter.

Besides that, there were some other minor changes/additions. I'm going to fine tune this update and upload to Apple sometime next week.

For 1.3, I will be focusing on adding more sounds and possibly another parking lot or two.

1.1 is still in the approval que. Hopefully that'll be approved sometime early this week. Edit: Actually, just checked and 1.1 was approved.

Thanks for all the suggestions I hope you enjoy 1.2 when it comes out.

Roy

Last edited by dangerz; 05-17-2009 at 09:36 PM.
05-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Sounds great, glad you took the traffic cone obstacle idea.

As far as new lots go, I mentioned (in the same post about the cones, actually) that it would be fun to have a different lot that has those parking lot island things separate groupings of spots.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper

05-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Sounds great, glad you took the traffic cone obstacle idea.

As far as new lots go, I mentioned (in the same post about the cones, actually) that it would be fun to have a different lot that has those parking lot island things separate groupings of spots.
Yup.. I started sketching out a new map and that's the first thing I drew in. It'll be there
05-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerz View Post
Yup.. I started sketching out a new map and that's the first thing I drew in. It'll be there
Insta-reply

That sounds great, looking forward to it.
I noticed the vipValet achievement for registering, how many other achievements will there be?

05-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Insta-reply

That sounds great, looking forward to it.
I noticed the vipValet achievement for registering, how many other achievements will there be?
Right now that's the first one. Other ones that I've written down are 100 cars, 500 cars, $1000 and $5000.

I didn't mention it above but I also wrote in the ability to have weather (cloudy days, rain, snow so the cars slide a little bit), so they could have achievements attached.

Right now we're working on adding the achievements part to Pwned as well so once that's done I'll give you guys more info.
05-17-2009, 09:44 PM
oooh i love achievement games it gives me a sense of well achievement

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
05-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Oh nice, achievements are a nice easy way to add replay to any game
Some suggestions if you need any:

Half Empty of Half Full: Obtain a score of ### using only one row. (dunno if that would make sense since there are 3 rows )

The College Student: Played a majority of the game with less than 20% of the rage-mete left. Must reach a score of ### (No offense to you, but a stereotype nonetheless. Would be a fun achievement as it has a story to it)

Lead Foot: Keep no car or customer waiting for longer than 3 seconds. Must reach a score of ###.

Lead eyelids
: Secret achievement - Crash 5 cars within x amount of time.

Each of these could have like a bronze, silver, and gold tier to them, for example, the lead foot bronze medal can be reach a score of 30 cars, silver can be 60, gold 100 etc.

Just FYI, I won't be sad if you don't use them , they are just suggestions to get your thoughts flowing.

05-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Those suggestions sounds awesome! I'll see what I can do about implementing them when I build in the achievements.
05-17-2009, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerz View Post
Those suggestions sounds awesome! I'll see what I can do about implementing them when I build in the achievements.
Thanks, I would love to see achievements that are out of the ordinary. Things like 'reach a score of ### are fine', but it's always added fun to try and each for the strange achievements.

05-18-2009, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Thanks, I would love to see achievements that are out of the ordinary. Things like 'reach a score of ### are fine', but it's always added fun to try and each for the strange achievements.
I agree..

I'm testing the leaderboard stuff today. As long as I don't see any issues, I'll upload to Apple tonight.