★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Rule the Old West as a righteous or reviled gunslinger. Prove yourself in an era when gun powder and prowess determined who called the shots. Enter one of the most exciting online worlds the App Store offers.

Will you choose to wear a badge, or face off against the so-called law, working for no one but yourself? Establish your influence by completing class specific quests and outfit your inventory with the gold youve accumulated through businesses tailored to your chosen style of play. Experience Bloody Western, and see how it blows other network games away.

Transform your influence into a reputation that makes sure every other player knows your name, with social mini-games Gambling and Duels. Prove you are truly the fastest draw in the West by mastering interactive game play elements when dueling against other players.

Features

Bloody Western brings the violence, charm, and adventure of the Old West to life with gorgeous, detailed illustrations, dark and edgy character design, exceptional voice-overs and a gunslinger-rules-all attitude

Choose your role: Sheriff or Outlaw, and further shape your character by choosing from the classes within each category

Quest-based game play: Level your character by completing creative quests designed and themed specifically to enhance your gameplay based on category and class

Connect with friends, and best your rivals with socially based gameplay, complete with interactive duels

Experience the Old West as it really was: Bloody Western is a no-holds-barred online world marked by the gambling, shoot-outs, and violent strong-arm society that made the frontier what it was

Explore the extensive item shop, outfitting your character with gear and equipment that improve gameplay results

Show off your gear by equipping your character profile, and strike fear in the hearts of your rivals

Accept the addiction: Fast-paced game play, quick results, and continuous upgrades make Bloody Western a race to the top

AppsAsia's comments:

Trailer!

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bloody-western/id482532795?mt=8
04-19-2012, 02:13 AM
Wow. Congrats. Finally. I am ready to spill blood

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?

04-19-2012, 02:22 AM

Finally. I`m really looking forward to try this One out today.

Last edited by Sanuku; 04-19-2012 at 05:11 AM.
04-19-2012, 02:39 AM
One million gold for a pistol. Good to see no sacrifice to authenticity has been made for the sake of IAP.
04-19-2012, 03:05 AM
I'm avoiding this one, sounds like IAP hell, plus no sight of any real gameplay in their video which is odd
04-19-2012, 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I'm avoiding this one, sounds like IAP hell, plus no sight of any real gameplay in their video which is odd
I don't even bother with free games anymore. Free = IAP crap. I'd rather pay for the game up from than be milked by a freemium. This game looks like it could be cool too, but the second I realized it was free I knew I not to even bother trying it.
04-19-2012, 03:54 AM
Tip on how to level up fast:

Go take a quest, after you've depleted your "Action" points, take a duel until you depleted your duel points or gain a level. When you gain a level, spend your points on "Action" to take on more quest. Try to have at least 20 "Duel" points and the rest for the "Action". Do this until you gain enough level.

Another way to gain a "FAST LEVEL" is to take on the quest "Drinking Time: Bottoms Up". This quest only takes "10 Action" points and grants "25 exp and 1,000 Gold". Do this until you gain enough gold to buy the first "Decoration" equipment which cost 400,000 Gold to permanently gain "100 Action" points to take on more quest. I've made it to Level 38 with 350,000 gold in 1 hour with this trick.

In "Duel" mode, you can gain level even if you fight low level or low rank people. Just make sure you will be fighting a lower ATK and DEF than yours to avoid losing. Keep on doing this until you reach a higher rank. Doing duel also good for leveling up. 20 duels is equivalent to 100exp.

You almost don't need to buy the IAP if you want to play the game. Game is very much playable by doing my tips. You can gain level and gold fast than you won't be needing the IAP to buy Western Points.

Remember to finish or "Master" the quest to obtain a good equipment as a "Reward" for mastering the said quest. Some quest offers good equipment as a reward. I've mastered the first set of quest in over 2 hours after I've boosted my level using the "Fast Level-up" Trick.

You can also gain additional Gold by doing a "Gamble" located in "Refresh" menu. The rules of "Gamble" is whoever had the lower total card points will win the prize. "Gamble" basically doubles your bet. Just be prepared to lose. Lol.

When you gain 20 "Western Points" be sure to spend it on "5 Skill Point" to allocate it in your stats. "Action" point is the best option to spend those skill points.

You can also turn "OFF" the cutscene in some mission by going to the "Option" and turning it "Off" there.

You also need to check if there are available "Event" everyday. Events can give you Gold, etc. if you win or completed it. You can find this "Event" section at the left of the "Lotto" menu. It is the scrolling menu. Wait until the "Event" menu shows.

Be sure to spend your "Lotto" points to win Gold or Points. I suggest going for the Gold since it only cost 1 Lotto point and you can win up to 1M Gold and above from this based on the multiplier.

I reached level 53 in just 2 straight hours of playing with the "Fast Level-up" trick I've posted. I think I will be level 100 in just 3-4 hours lol.

Need beta tester?

Last edited by iANiMeX; 04-19-2012 at 08:06 AM.
04-19-2012, 05:10 AM
Game Impressions

04-19-2012, 05:24 AM
Try adding "Friends" in the "Social Club" menu. Some Quest requires you to have a number of friends to play or take it.

Did you know that you can read the description of each "Quest" by clicking the (i) or Information button on every quest. This will give you a little story about that quest.

You can go to other places using the "World Map" to challenge other players on that Country or Location. You will be needing a "Move" points to move from different location. Obtain "Move" points by equipting a Horse.

You can also "Rob" other properties by going to the "Business" menu and choosing a person to rob there. Take note that you will be needing a high ATK and DEF before robbing someone to avoid failing. Failing will take Health and Duel points.

Need beta tester?
04-19-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWeird View Post
I don't even bother with free games anymore. Free = IAP crap. I'd rather pay for the game up from than be milked by a freemium. This game looks like it could be cool too, but the second I realized it was free I knew I not to even bother trying it.
This.

Really sick of the IAP model.