★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Lion's Play Strategy Game for iPhone and iPod touch

05-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Lion's Play Strategy Game for iPhone and iPod touch

Summary:

Lion's Play is a strategy game between Lion's and Buffaloes. In addition to the classic version I have invented 17 games based on different geometrical shapes. This game is battle between Lions and Buffaloes. I have maintained ratio between Lions and around 3 to 5. Lions will win if it gabble up all buffaloes or able to restrict movement of all buffaloes. Buffaloes will win if all the Lions movement is restricted. If you like chess or checkers then you will love this game

Body:

Lion's Play game is based on "Puli Judham"(Gamble of Tigers) Telugu region (Andhrapradesh) game, or "Adu Puli" (Tamilnadu) game, and with different names in other parts of India. Originally this game is between Tigers and goats. For this Lions Play game to attract global presence I have adopted Lions and Buffaloes are models for this game;

This game is famous in rural part of India where farmers play this game in the evening after returning from fields work. When I was a kid, I use to watched over my Father's Shoulder while he was playing with other farmers. He taught me how to play this game. I have spent last couple of months of time to bring out one of the hidden treasure of rural Indian game to the world. I have put in my sincere effort to share this game which my father taught me to the gaming world. It is the first ever attempt to document this game. I hope you like it.

It is strategy game, in Classic "Puli Judham" game, which has triangular formation with two crossed rectangles, In order to Lions to win the game They have to gabble up all buffaloes or restrict movement of Buffaloes. On the other hand, if Buffalo's needs to win, they have to restrict Lions movement. In addition to Classic version I have created 18 levels based different geometric shapes. In which maintained Ratio of Buffaloes Vs Lions is around 3 to 5;

Here are features of the Lion's Play
* 18 games and no locking of levels. One can play any game at any time
1) Star
2) Hexagram
3) Heptagram
4) Recta Triangle
5) Intra Star
6) Octagram
7) Intra Hexagram
8) Second Heptagram
9) Second Octagram
10) Classic
11) Recta Star
12) Recta Hexagram
13) Intra Recta Star
14) Intra Recta Hexagram
15) Double Recta Star
16) Double Recta Hexagram
17) Intra Double Recta Star
18) Intra Double Recta Hexagram

For Example in Star model will have 2 Lions and 7 Buffaloes
Intra Double Recta Hexagram will have 25 Lions and 104 Buffaloes and will take couple of hours to complete this game.

* 4 types of Game Play
- Computer (Lion) Vs Human (Buffalo)
- Human (Lion) Vs Computer (Buffalo)
- Human (Lion) Vs Human (Buffalo)
- Computer (Lion) Vs Computer (Buffalo)

* Three levels of difficulty
- Junior (It is only available for first 5 games)
- Senior
- Expert
* Music
- default is OFF and need to set music on to listen to it

Here is the iTunes Link
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=314868754&mt=8

Next Major Release
* Adding more levels
* Storing game settings
* Auto & Manual saving of the game for later play
* Powering up Expert logic

If you have questions, comments, bug reports and for support email me at ooftish@gmail.com

Thanks for looking

- Ravindra Reddy Singareddy
Singareddy Information Technologies, Inc.
http://www.ooftish.com
05-18-2009, 12:25 AM
video?

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*

05-18-2009, 12:28 AM
I will add it later.
05-18-2009, 12:28 AM
The premise is interesting. I love strategy games, especially ones that I've never even heard of before.

However, the appstore images of the game are just line images which I assume are the different game boards. But why no images of gameplay?
05-18-2009, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
The premise is interesting. I love strategy games, especially ones that I've never even heard of before.

However, the appstore images of the game are just line images which I assume are the different game boards. But why no images of gameplay?
that's why I asked for the video, hopefully that will clear up any confusion I or any others have.

Boiler Up!
05-18-2009, 01:14 AM
Just got this game. If you give me a day or so I'll post game impressions and upload a video to YouTube

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Just got this game. If you give me a day or so I'll post game impressions and upload a video to YouTube
Unacceptable! I want video NOW!

haha

juuuuust kidding
05-18-2009, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
Unacceptable! I want video NOW!
i'll give you 4 and half minutes, by then my beer will be empty and I'll be walking my ass up the street to get a burger.

Boiler Up!
05-18-2009, 01:53 AM
Paypal me $200.00 USD and I'll tell my work I'm going home sick and I'll have video and review up in an hour

Don't check this site or private messages often.
05-18-2009, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
Paypal me $200.00 USD and I'll tell my work I'm going home sick and I'll have video and revie up in an hour
prince amajandan from nigeria has a business proposition, I gave him your email, and hell be contacting you. his offer will pay you 15,000. all you have to do is cash a check. so go ahead and call off.

Boiler Up!