Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 04-23-2012, 11:26 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I think the Dino's Lair is overrated. It costs a lot of food to run. It's fun and all to watch them hunt around but I think it's better off to pay gold to kill the invaders instead of food. I'm level 34 right now and never refeed my guys.

My advice to grow quickly would be to invest in Quarries. I have 6 going and can rarely keep up with my Stone Mills to keep up with building. Wood and Lumber are only needed a little in the beginning.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:43 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
On the second island, I am having a hard time getting food. I think I cleaned too much too early as I only have those two bushes and can't afford a pig farm. I can buy the property to the south for 20k and see something that looks like ice fishing hut. Does that provide food? if not, I'd rather keep saving to open up th first island more.

-Greg
Hi Greg, no sorry thats not an ice fishing hut, nice idea though!! The only source of food on the second Island are the little bushes and the pig farms. As the bushes don't produce much food I found I've ended up with 4 pig farms just to have enough food to complete the quests!!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:47 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default So glad to find this!

I am currently on the first island at level 24/22. I have built my raft but even though I was told I could use it to go the second island I decided to stay on the first island and explore it thoroughly first. Now I wonder if that was a big mistake! Now whenever I click on the raft it says "we don't know how to use this yet"

I have explored the plane multiple (10+) and still have not found the compass. Maybe that is the problem? I did find the map and the backpack.

Any ideas?

Thanks for starting this forum thread!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:50 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlpower View Post
I am now on lvl 19, and yes my smiley bar 19...
I realized it needed to be pretty much in line with the experience bar to enable me to access stuff to build, so thanks for that
I haven't even looked at the other Islands cause I also want to finish this one first, plus can't build the raft yet cause still need to find 3 x more saws.....so not sure if this is the only way to access them?

The blooming tree has just been released, so have filled that quest now

It doesn't look good for me that I no longer have the crashed plane site does it!
Will be pretty tough to have to start over from scratch especially cause I have levelled up basically everything except the food storehouses cause the lumber mill still isn't unlocked.....the missing plane may be contributing to this?

I am also still looking for the umm, heck can't remember what they called it now...but it's apparently in the cave and so far after 3 x explores I keep getting Dino eggs....already filled that quest....so yeah the random thing reminds me of another app....I just bet you know which one I mean haha.

I really hope I hear from someone today....feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place ATM. Can't help but wonder what the quest would say regarding the gas cans for me...like where would it point for me to find them with no plane???? (just thinking out loud here) maybe the cave haha

Can't help but feel really duped over this....darned if I know how it happened when I wasn't demolishing anything and doesn't that usually come up with a screen saying Ďare you sure you want to demolish blah blah?'
This shouldn't have been able to be demolished either as an extra safeguard....
well that's my cry baby opinion anyhow.

Thanks for posting Deeneez, I am already learning great tips from you higher level achievers.....good stuff

Hey Jazbo, where are you.....bout time you posted again champ
Hi girlpower!! Nag nag nag!! So sorry for absence but got a bit involved with another game for a couple of days!!!

Right, back to Tribez, I'm now level 34 and still just on the first 2 islands, there's a lot to do before I can move to the lovely looking sandy one!! It's all about stocking up on everything!! I've found the more warehouses you can cram on to your islands the better and get them all to level 3 so they hold more. Don't bother paying gems to level them up to level 4, just get another one! I put long deals on everything overnight so I have a nice stock of stuff in the warehouses to use when I need it.

Will carry this on with a fresh post as think I'm running out of room!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:01 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Girlpower continued!!

Any news from the devs about your plane yet? I'm pretty sure you will need it for your quests so you can move on. If my memory serves me right, you have to search it several time for different things. I don't think you'll get your raft built without some of these quests. I think your lumber mill is out of reach without your plane, therefore no raft? Sorry to put a dampner on things

If you do sort this then a school or a museum are great for increasing your smiley bar level! I have a couple of each on both islands.

I hope you get good news soon, keep me posted! Promise I will be in touch quicker next time (will leave my dragons and dress shop alone for a while!)
Old 04-23-2012, 12:08 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katalinas View Post
I am currently on the first island at level 24/22. I have built my raft but even though I was told I could use it to go the second island I decided to stay on the first island and explore it thoroughly first. Now I wonder if that was a big mistake! Now whenever I click on the raft it says "we don't know how to use this yet"

I have explored the plane multiple (10+) and still have not found the compass. Maybe that is the problem? I did find the map and the backpack.

Any ideas?

Thanks for starting this forum thread!
Hi katalinas - have you restored the Stonehenge monument on the first island yet? You can't move to the second island until that has been done. I remember that I built the raft and then it was ages until I could use it!

The plane and cave searches are very random, you need to search them several times before you get what you need!! I lost count of how many dino eggs I ended up with on the cave searches!

Good luck and keep playing, I think it's a great game.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:23 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Thanks

That helps a lot! As long as I know I am on the right track I can be pretty patient. No Stonehenge yet. I'll keep looking.

A great tip I discovered is that you can move all the fruit bushes into a clump with the rest of your food patches so you don't have to remember to chase them down to harvest. I also put the forester's huts near the lumber mils and the quarries near the stone processing mill. That way I can better allocate workers. It might seem a bit obsessive but it really does save time. In fact I have found it usefull to put all the warehouses in one area too and that was useful as I was upgrading them.

I really don't think you need more than one Dino to keep away the marauders but the income they produce is good.

Thanks again!
Old 04-23-2012, 12:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default You're welcome!

Quote:
That helps a lot! As long as I know I am on the right track I can be pretty patient. No Stonehenge yet. I'll keep looking.

A great tip I discovered is that you can move all the fruit bushes into a clump with the rest of your food patches so you don't have to remember to chase them down to harvest. I also put the forester's huts near the lumber mils and the quarries near the stone processing mill. That way I can better allocate workers. It might seem a bit obsessive but it really does save time. In fact I have found it usefull to put all the warehouses in one area too and that was useful as I was upgrading them.

I really don't think you need more than one Dino to keep away the marauders but the income they produce is good.

Thanks again!
That's not obsessive at all, I've done exactly the same thing on both of my islands. It looks more natural and a lot neater! It's a shame we can't visit each others islands to have a nosey around!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:04 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeneez View Post
Well if your find arrow is pointing to the cave, then I think you may have a chance. Maybe they did build a back door for the quests with no airplane. Let's hope so.

As for the saws, I think some of the enemies dropped them. What does the find arrow say for the saw quest? If you don't have it as a quest....then there is another quest that need to be completed first. ...but darn if I remember the order of quests
I got all my supplies from the plane but did not try the cave. Saws did come from enemies.

-Greg
Old 04-23-2012, 06:05 PM
iPad 2

Quote:

Thanks again!
Wow...I did not know you could move the fruit bushes! Thanks for that tip