Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #441  
Old 06-14-2012, 01:22 PM
MariahKaraoke MariahKaraoke is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
Default Mystery Shores - Parcels?!?

Hi All!

I've been addicted to The Tribez for some time now. I plateaued out at Level 40 weeks before the update yet kept playing and banked well over 6million in gold.

Since the update I've been playing constantly. Probably 5 times a day. (No comments about my addiction please...). I'm moving right along with all the quests EXCEPT for finding parcels on the Mystery Shore. I havent gotten 1 parcel yet! I'm all about being patient but this is crazy.

Any hints? Do I need to break down and buy the parcels with gems?
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old 06-14-2012, 01:33 PM
Amsterdam Amsterdam is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 138
Default

Hey guys!! I have come over to the tribez! I have just started and am in level 10. I have a lot of reading to do to catch up but was wondering if you guys could give me any beginner pointers. I am playing on my iPhone right now... Hoping for an iPad for birthday/ christmas this year lol. Anyway thanks in advance!!!
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Old 06-14-2012, 01:47 PM
TexasTed TexasTed is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam View Post
Hey guys!! I have come over to the tribez! I have just started and am in level 10. I have a lot of reading to do to catch up but was wondering if you guys could give me any beginner pointers. I am playing on my iPhone right now... Hoping for an iPad for birthday/ christmas this year lol. Anyway thanks in advance!!!
Welcome Amsterdam, I am playing the iPhone version also and every day I read this forum also and have been enjoying this game very much for past couple weeks. I had an early problem and had to restart the game but I was on level 4 I think and Aurora was telling me to do something but you had to be level 5. I was locked somehow on this quest, couldn't click on anything else and had to restart. 2nd time around everything has gone smoothly. Main recommendation is to not clear everything and don't build buildings, decorations as soon as they are available - for most things wait until the quest pops up telling you to do things - waiting for the quest will give you credit for doing the task but doing it before the quest may not give credit. Have fun, keep the natives and especially Aurora happy! Also be careful speed clicking through the pop up boxes/menus. Like other people I have accidentally thrown away some gems and ended up with a Level 4 warehouse on my 1st island by speed clicking on the menu box before realizing I was spending some gems.
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Old 06-14-2012, 01:57 PM
TexasTed TexasTed is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 155
Default Dv flyerz

Hello TribeZ/DV friends, in between jumping between islandZ 1 (think everything is completed) and 2 (going up happiness levels, waiting to build more mansions, main building level 8, marble pit, broken idol, etc.) I downloaded a new game this morning, Pocket Planes, and created a Flight Crew called "DV FLYERZ". It may not be for everyone but about an hour in my first impression is it's fun building airports, scheduling flights, moving cargo and people around to different places. There is not as much content yet as this gameZ but it is fun for a couple minutes at a time and has potential. The tutorial is a bit choppy, background music is lacking, but you can choose to build your beginning airport on the different continents around the world and then work towards growing your airport and flights domestic and internationally. Not sure how the Flight Crew thing works yet but I started it, other friends from here can enter the Flight Crew name and then in the background I think we compete "joined together" with others in our crew. Any questions please PM, trying to keep this on topic and related to tribeZ in this forum. There is already a forum for this other game, it started yesterday and is already 32 pages long - not going to read through but wanted to spread the word and wish everyone happy island hopping!
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Old 06-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Amsterdam Amsterdam is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTed View Post
Welcome Amsterdam, I am playing the iPhone version also and every day I read this forum also and have been enjoying this game very much for past couple weeks. I had an early problem and had to restart the game but I was on level 4 I think and Aurora was telling me to do something but you had to be level 5. I was locked somehow on this quest, couldn't click on anything else and had to restart. 2nd time around everything has gone smoothly. Main recommendation is to not clear everything and don't build buildings, decorations as soon as they are available - for most things wait until the quest pops up telling you to do things - waiting for the quest will give you credit for doing the task but doing it before the quest may not give credit. Have fun, keep the natives and especially Aurora happy! Also be careful speed clicking through the pop up boxes/menus. Like other people I have accidentally thrown away some gems and ended up with a Level 4 warehouse on my 1st island by speed clicking on the menu box before realizing I was spending some gems.
Thank for the tips Ted!! BTW i am from texas lol!

I did click to fast once and think i purchased land, because my gems were gone and land was open. Oops!So, have been watching that. I had been clearing things away, but I think i will take your advice and slow it down and wait. I just get a little impatient sometimes haha I did just figure out you could scoll down on the quest to view them so that should help!
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old 06-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Nannilou Nannilou is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: West Lancs
Posts: 9
Default

Hi everyone - another newbie here!
Addicted to Tribez for the past couple of months, currently lvl 36 on 3rd Island.
My frustration is waiting for the last parcel from the homes. I need this in order to build a post office - to give me the happiness level to build the household ( I think) - its such a knock -on effect I forget where I'm upto.
Love reading this forum and finally felt comfortable enough to join in.
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old 06-14-2012, 09:53 PM
GemSpring GemSpring is offline
Junior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NOLA, USA
Posts: 12
Default

Hey Nannilou! I'm in the exact position, waiting for parcels to magically appear from my houses! Grrrr... I've had this quest for a few days and the letters came quickly, but this last parcel is driving me insane!
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 06-14-2012, 10:02 PM
girlpower girlpower is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazbodooley View Post
Hi GP - my you've been a busy girl!!

Island 4 is very annoying, there is just not enough room to even swing a cat!! (don't know if that's a British expression?)

I've built 4 bridges so far and have expanded to the far right where the submarine is. No quest to explore that yet though and aurora tells me we don't know what to do with it yet! I'm sure I could tell her......

I think you will be fine to restore those burnt out houses. There wasn't a specific quest to do it. I think you're supposed to do it as part of the quest to increase the population to 15???

I think my Zeppelins may break down soon, poor abused things!

I don't have any more quests on island 1 but I still have 4 expansions to do??? Do we just go ahead and expand or wait to see if more quests pop up? Not that I have any money left to expand at the moment. I'm down to my last 100k

I think I had better stop making resources and start making some money for a while.... That will stop me rushing ahead and give you a chance to catch up
LOL.....now don't be mean to that ‘all woman' Aurora...too funny
Wow, you've been the busy one...so better pick your brain some more, but anyone can chip in too please

Did you get a quest to expand? (youre two bridges ahead of me)

I have now restored the 3 huts....still only 8 workers cos zi don't know where I am supposed to put a villa and a household until I expand.....little bit frustrated ATM as Ive been waiting on a quest asking me to expand to accommodate these large dwellings....they will take up an Island by themselves won't they?

Can't fill the exotic fruit quest (or whatever it's called) cos I've no more fruit trees till some grow back or I expand...managed to find 3/5...GRR

Money wise, I'm doing okay ($1.2 mil) but expansions can easily chew that up, so I tend to pace myself always remembering it also takes money to make money especially in good earners like the theatres, statues, Sharmans,
Hotels etc....

On first Island, circus finished and almost finished lvl 1 upgrade quest.
Third household built and currently on lvl 2 upgrade.
I also don't know whether to go ahead and expand either?
Kind of not in too much of a hurry there though as I would rather concentrate on expanding the 4th Isl. just to get some much needed space...
Haha, we use the ‘can't swing a cat' in NZ too....not sure if I've heard it in Oz?

Maybe a forum member higher up in the game can help us both out with the whole expansion versus quest thing please

Haha, me catch you up....oh you do mean progress wise, not points wise right
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Old 06-14-2012, 10:11 PM
girlpower girlpower is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,095
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannilou View Post
Hi everyone - another newbie here!
Addicted to Tribez for the past couple of months, currently lvl 36 on 3rd Island.
My frustration is waiting for the last parcel from the homes. I need this in order to build a post office - to give me the happiness level to build the household ( I think) - its such a knock -on effect I forget where I'm upto.
Love reading this forum and finally felt comfortable enough to join in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemSpring View Post
Hey Nannilou! I'm in the exact position, waiting for parcels to magically appear from my houses! Grrrr... I've had this quest for a few days and the letters came quickly, but this last parcel is driving me insane!
Welcome Nannilou, so pleased you have joined in too.
To both yourself and GemSpring.....hang in there and just keep waiting on those annoying parcels....this quest really tried my patience too cos I wanted to get my post office built also....think it's harder when waiting on houses cos you have no control over the timer as opposed to say a quick deal etc from elsewhere.

The only other choice is to spend gems to complete the quest....I promise it will happen though (feels like forever)
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 PM
girlpower girlpower is offline
Senior Member
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 1,095
Default Important message

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk1987 View Post
does time in tribez go forward if you forward time of your ipad? its getting really frustrating to wait for half a day to complete anything on tribez these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar24 View Post
Hey there. You are right,it does work. However I did it and a warning MSG came up. Can't remember what it said but it did scare me a little at the time.
PLEASE DON'T DO IT!!!!!
I ‘stupidly' listened to someone not long after I started the first app - curiosity got the better of me cos I didn't believe the poster....yes it worked, yes I got the warning and it then wiped out my friends code...meant I couldn't invite anyone as I no longer HAD a code.....long story short, got it reinstated, but it left me feeling really bad, almost like a cheat (which isnt who I am).

I really wish the devs would of had a safeguard in place so it didn't even work to start with....looks like they still don't

The person that originally posted this information didn't bother to post on here again either!

Last edited by girlpower; 06-16-2012 at 10:29 PM..
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent