★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Blockolicious HD --> FREE

04-23-2012, 04:39 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Blockolicious HD --> FREE

04-23-2012, 04:49 AM
What a nice surprise! Thanks for the good news.

04-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Awesome... going to try this tonight.
04-23-2012, 08:12 AM
tA editor's review says:

Quote:
Blockolicious’ fun gameplay elements are overshadowed mainly by its lack of gameplay modes and questionable use of IAP currency.
Obviously they've repaired the first drawback (with a new marathon mode) but did they anything with the IAP case?

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
04-23-2012, 10:00 AM
IAP currency? That's a pass for me then....
04-23-2012, 05:33 PM
I have a simple solution for IAP - dont buy it!

Unless it gives you new game modes for money and not just like... powerups and stuff. Looks lush totally gunna dl this, gunna look amazing on my new iPad (:
04-23-2012, 09:50 PM
I just have a question for those who already purchased the game (like myself).

I love the game but this wasn't a universal 'update'; it was a new 'universal release'. So my original game, where I had unlocked most achievements, and more importantly the usable animals, are not carried over (i.e. all unlocks and coins earned are gone...).

Is there anyway that this will be fixed? I have no update notifications and was able to download the new version today. So I have 2 versions now.... a bit frustrating.
04-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarmachild View Post
I have a simple solution for IAP - dont buy it!
No. It's not so simple. Especially with puzzle and strategy games. Has nothing to do with money. And it has not even something to do with "buying" highscores in the global ranks, what is one of the worst features of some (most?) In-App-Purchase payment systems for real money; leaves Game Center/OpenFeint completely unusable.

I want to know if it's possible to solve a puzzle without IAPs before I invest time and energy. I want to know if it's me being too stupid (should I try once more?) or if I need IAPs in form of some special bombs for being able to success/proceed. Mind the important difference please.

Devs with evil intentions are balancing this very well (for their profit of course) and don't tell anybody about it. The customers and reviewers have to find that out. In fact it seems that those IAP in-game shops need most of the coding work nowadays. (Although it seems for me that the amount of IAPs is going down a bit. No wonder: IAPs have a terrible reputation.)

When I see puzzle or strategy games where the IAPs are not declared clearly—I pass. "Free" or not. I am afraid that I'll waste my time with such an app. I simply want to know if it's possible to solve a puzzle before I start with it. One of the basic puzzle rules.

There are some even heavier problems with IAPs than that, I know. Mixing up game money with real money p. e.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
04-24-2012, 03:13 PM
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Was going to get this but on seeing the IAP's, I'll skip it.
04-24-2012, 08:22 PM
Decided to give this a shot afterall as I always like a different twist on the match-3. And, if you don't obsess over leaderboards, you can definately play it without IAPs.

It's a pretty cool idea to have the cubes fill with juice and basically have to match them again to get rid of them. That said, even with the newly added marathon mode, the novelty of it kind of wears off quickly.