• Publisher: CAPCOM
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 146.9 MB
  • Version: 1.00.00
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating: 4 (4)
App description: Important Notice

Distribution of the application "MARVEL VS. CAPCOM 2 " will cease as of the date and time outlined below:

6/30/2014 1200AM

Please note that those who have downloaded the application before the date above will be able to continue using the appliation after distribution has ceased.

Thank you for your understanding.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wolverine & Iron Man VS. Ryu & Chun-Li! One of the most popular arcade-fighting games of all time arrives on the App Store for your iOS tablet or mobile device! Marvel vs. Capcom 2 brings together legendary characters from the Marvel and Capcom franchises to duke it out in an insane, action-packed, tag-team fighting experience. Pit your favorite heroes in dream match-ups thanks to the robust 56-character roster. With the optimized iOS touchscreen controls, 2-player versus-mode, unlockable secrets and characters, you better buckle up and prepare to be taken for a ride!

A full-featured port of one of the best fighting games of all-time
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 has previously only been enjoyed in arcades and consoles for over a decade. Now enjoyable anywhere, anytime with the iOS version.
Deep 56 Character Roster Featuring Characters from the Marvel and Capcom franchises
One of the largest character rosters in any fighting game to date
Bringing together Marvels greatest comic-book heroes and Capcoms fiercest video-game fighters
Versus Mode Battles
Users can connect with other iPhone users via Bluetooth and play against each other
New streamlined touchscreen controls optimized for iOS
Introducing the Flick Button, a new control feature that streamlines complex inputs

The game can be played on any version after iOS 5.0, on iPhone 4, 4S / iPod touch 4th generation / iPad 2, The new iPad.
Note: This application will not work on the iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3rd generation or earlier, nor the iPad.

Sanuku's comments:

04-24-2012, 05:40 PM
I will admit it... I am REALLY excited for this one! I have been watching videos of this one for other systems and also MvC3 today, and I have to say that these games look AWESOME! Instant buy for me!

Game Center ID: Vaelsh
I'm playing: Small World 2, The Pinball Arcade, Terraria
I'm waiting for: Shadowrun Returns, Micromon, Oceanhorn!
04-24-2012, 05:52 PM
To everybody having questions about ifba, there is a thread specific to that on the jailbreak forum. Would be most beneficial to you to check there first.

04-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Send a message via MSN to CaptYadierPR Send a message via Skype™ to CaptYadierPR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshkhsee View Post
I cant see how the chaining combos would work without the six button set up..

Im accustomed to that anyway, 789 - 456 on my numberpad.
Play normal mode 6 buttons there

GC (iphone) - xXcaptyadierXx-------Youtube User - GoldVivi
Main SFxT: Nina and Chun-li--------Main Volt: Viper n Chun-Li
KOF: Takuma, Duolon, Elizabeth------------SSFIV AE 2012: Juri n Rose
Viper's Best Options SpreadSheet: Link
04-24-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptYadierPR View Post
Damn, Thank you Capt!! I thought this game was average at best because it seemed they left out a lot in terms of controls but everything is exactly the same!! Good stuff, my rating for this game has gone from 3/5 to 4/5. It'd be a perfect 5/5 if it had multiplayer.

GC: D4Gamerz
Dedicated Fei Long Player
04-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaelsh View Post
I will admit it... I am REALLY excited for this one! I have been watching videos of this one for other systems and also MvC3 today, and I have to say that these games look AWESOME! Instant buy for me!
MvC3 is a whole different game compared to MvC2 just saying. But if you've never played a Marvel game before well then you have nothing to expect, MvC2 is a great place to start

GC: D4Gamerz
Dedicated Fei Long Player
04-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Yeah it looks like they are quite different, and I have been watching videos of both, and they both look awesome in their own unique ways. I had heard of this one, but I have never had the pleasure of trying it for myself. I am also super happy to see that there are now 3D animated backgrounds! This is gonna be sweet! Also I am liking this so much I already went and found the soundtrack and I am thoroughly enjoying it! This is gonna be a great night!

Game Center ID: Vaelsh
I'm playing: Small World 2, The Pinball Arcade, Terraria
I'm waiting for: Shadowrun Returns, Micromon, Oceanhorn!
04-24-2012, 06:28 PM
Some lag on 3gs running 5.1 and is occasionally slow. But is kind of too be expected. What i don't understand is why it says not compatible with 3gs but it lets you download, most games stop if a specific device/firmware is required.
Overall i'm happy with the purchase 1.99 is a great deal, controls a hit and miss but thats expected.
04-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptYadierPR View Post
No yeah, i noticed in the first intro video the configurations...i just wonder how you can do the chains without the 2 punch and 2 kick set up...?
04-24-2012, 06:41 PM
Simple air combos are fairly easy to execute but I don't think you can do any of those crazy-air dashes with the touch controls.
04-24-2012, 06:45 PM
I will get this and toy around with it tomorrow, im curious about the slide mechanism and how it feels. Maybe they got inspiration from the Phoenix Wright interface.