Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-25-2012, 12:09 PM

I think I'd like a combination of the two control schemes. Give me all four kick/punch buttons, but then the special/character flick buttons from the normal one.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:21 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by r10k View Post
Why? The appeal is, it's fun to play against the AI. Not everyone craves constantly playing against people.
In a...fighting game? Again:

Notice, these games all have two set of sticks and buttons when you go to an arcade. I'm not saying there's zero fun to be had tinkering with it alone, but I know from years of playing fighting games, that's very short-lived. Look forward to hearing back from you in a week.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:23 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
I've been gaming ever since I was old enough to mash keys on an Amiga keyboard (and I'm 99.9% sure you're significantly older than me, but that has nothing do with this at all) and the last thing I ever gave a damn about in my entire gaming life was online multiplayer. I never have, I never will and as you put it, I'm still trying to comprehend the appeal of playing games with people I could give less than two shits about... but that's just me.

EDIT: And yet I play Draw Something with people I do care about. I don't know what I'm saying. Feces. Dumdum. *tries to look credible, but slowly backs out of topic*
Actually, I'm with you on this, and I'm probably at least as old as you...or older. I really have no tremendous desire for multiplayer on most games. It seems like some people feel like games ONLY exist for multplayer modes. That is most certainly not me. I even feel like console games have suffered because of this. It used to be that the main campaign mode of many games was the focus, and multi would be kind of pasted on as an extra. Now, it seems to be the other way around. When I play Call of Duty for example, I'm really only interested in playing the campaign. I have no interest in battling it out with profane teenagers with nothing else to do but hack and cheat their way to cheap victories. I understand that my opinion is in the minority, but it's how I feel.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:29 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Id like to add my take in the hope capcom will read this and do somethin...
the happy news: its mvc2 for iphone, yeah... for couple of years it was impossible to find decent used version of the game for under 100$. at least the ps2 version, dont know for other...and now I have it it my pocket.

the bad... sound quality is terrible! this is really the worst thing about it. And then the framerate ist bad too, I have on ipod touch 4g a lot of sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowdowns:-(

...and thats it!:-)
Yes,graphics are downscaled,pixelated,whatever and controls are a matter of taste and customisation but you can live with that for the price.
capcom,read this and make a big tasty update,pleeeeeeeease!!
Old 04-25-2012, 12:33 PM

Certain genres i could see single-player being enough but a fighting game relies on two competitors battling. AI is limited and once you know the pattern, Its easy to beat. I don't care what game it is...there is a pattern to exploit. Human beings are infinitely more creative and thats what gives a game replayability. Volt is successful because of the high level of players still interested in the game. Where is KOF now?
Old 04-25-2012, 12:42 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apprunner View Post
Certain genres i could see single-player being enough but a fighting game relies on two competitors battling. AI is limited and once you know the pattern, Its easy to beat. I don't care what game it is...there is a pattern to exploit. Human beings are infinitely more creative and thats what gives a game replayability. Volt is successful because of the high level of players still interested in the game. Where is KOF now?
However, if you aren't very good at fighting games, playing random strangers really isn't much fun. I just get slaughtered. LOL. However, if you play friends and there's voice chat, then games can be fun even if your friends always slaughter you. To an extent.

As far as the profane teen problem, that's not going to be an issue on most iOS games since very, very few have voice chat or even text chat. On consoles like the Xbox, you can also get rid of the problem by disabling voice chat, or setting it to voice chat with friends only, or just muting individuals you don't want to hear.

As for this game. Is it newb friendly like Volt is? I want a newb friendly fighter.

Last edited by crunc; 04-25-2012 at 12:45 PM..
Old 04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
Actually, I'm with you on this, and I'm probably at least as old as you...or older. I really have no tremendous desire for multiplayer on most games. It seems like some people feel like games ONLY exist for multplayer modes. That is most certainly not me. I even feel like console games have suffered because of this. It used to be that the main campaign mode of many games was the focus, and multi would be kind of pasted on as an extra. Now, it seems to be the other way around. When I play Call of Duty for example, I'm really only interested in playing the campaign. I have no interest in battling it out with profane teenagers with nothing else to do but hack and cheat their way to cheap victories. I understand that my opinion is in the minority, but it's how I feel.
Funny you should mention CoD, because I have honestly never even tried connecting to an online game in any of them. Yes, I play Call of Duty for the 2 and a half hour, Michael Bay-inspired campaigns. I'm definitely in the minority with you (and yeah... with iOS, I get online leaderboards and whatnot; those give life to games that would otherwise be pointless), but for ****'s sake, multiplayer to me was picking up a SNES controller and watching my friends' faces as I ripped out their spines in Mortal Kombat... not this crap. What exactly is satisfying about playing SmackDown!, hitting a finisher and pinning someone in Zimbabwe when the person screaming "**** YOU" at you on that headset is someone you don't know?
Old 04-25-2012, 01:05 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I also never play online... Only single player modes for me please. And while its true that eventually you crack the AI I almost never play a single game long enough for that to happen. On CoD I play the campaign and the survival modes mostly.

The only games I play over and over are Bethesda and some Bioware titles.
On topic this is a solid port but the fingers do get in the way on some level on the iphone. This is more notorious after comparing with volt in which the camera is closer to the fighters. All in all im enjoying it but it sits lower than KoF and Volt on my book.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Banned

i buying all [characters/stages] in shop but I still missing characters like akuma,magneto and others.

how can unlock more characters?
Old 04-25-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
However, if you aren't very good at fighting games, playing random strangers really isn't much fun. I just get slaughtered. LOL. However, if you play friends and there's voice chat, then games can be fun even if your friends always slaughter you. To an extent.

As far as the profane teen problem, that's not going to be an issue on most iOS games since very, very few have voice chat or even text chat. On consoles like the Xbox, you can also get rid of the problem by disabling voice chat, or setting it to voice chat with friends only, or just muting individuals you don't want to hear.

As for this game. Is it newb friendly like Volt is? I want a newb friendly fighter.
I think its harder than Volt. But it has easy mode so it is pretty noob friendly. I suck at this game but it still seems fun. Volt is easy too and you can get pretty good quickly in the game. There are lots of really great players in Volt so I see your point about playing with other people...some people may not find that too enjoyable as they are getting their teeth kicked in regularly by really good players

Its worth $3...especially on iPad