Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Banned

sorry double post

Last edited by arce; 04-28-2012 at 05:57 PM..
Old 04-28-2012, 06:01 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

I have a couple questions about the game:
1. What's the frame rate like on an iTouch 4th Gen? I'm running iOS 5.1 as well if it makes a difference
2. Would you say the game's worth getting for someone very new to fighting games on any devices? The only one I've picked up is SF:IV Volt and it was a solid game, but I'm wondering if MvC2 is good. Its gotten quite mixed reviews from what I've seen, so....yeah.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:03 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
1. What's the frame rate like on an iTouch 4th Gen? I'm running iOS 5.1 as well if it makes a difference
2. Would you say the game's worth getting for someone very new to fighting games on any devices? The only one I've picked up is SF:IV Volt and it was a solid game, but I'm wondering if MvC2 is good. Its gotten quite mixed reviews from what I've seen, so....yeah.
The framerate is actually pretty good, although it will suffer for a small bit if you plug it in, get an e-mail, get a 20% battery notification, etc.

I'm not quite sure, but it might take you a bit of play to get into the game. I didn't really enjoy it until I started playing a bunch of arcade mode and switching controls and all that around.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:05 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerBlue016 View Post
1. I am using Itouch 4th generation with ios 5.1. For me, this app works great without any lags or slow downs.

2. Hmm, I have played SF:Volt for almsot a year, since it was released last year. (Not really playing anymore). That SF:Volt was a first fighting game to me. When I first got this game, I regretted buying this because it felt too hard for me.
However, now, I am really really enjoying this game. Even though I am using simple 4 buttons control, I am still enjoying this game.
Once you learn how to do things, this game becomes a big fun. It may take u a while to learn how to adjust with a control.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:42 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Default Bit disappointed.

Have to say i'm a little disappointed.. besides not being able to use both hyper combos on the 4 button config, and not being able to remove the assist buttons on the 6 button config - they really need to fix those controls.

I was assuming when it says:

・Deep 56 Character Roster Featuring Characters from the Marvel and Capcom franchise

And shows pictures of the character select screen having all the characters available, you wouldn't have to play and stuff around to get all the characters unlocked. It would be great if you could chose to have them unlocked like the arcade straight from the beginning.

Little misleading if you ask me - i'd love to see an update with a load of these problems mentioned in this thread fixed up.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:21 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Guile-Bison-Dhalsim such a badass team..Spear madness!
Old 04-29-2012, 01:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arce View Post
how can earn 50,000 pts?

whats is your strategic,please?

or shared your save please.

thanks
any,sorry!!
Old 04-29-2012, 02:30 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Really hope they update this soon and add iCade support along with online multiplayer.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:49 AM

Hi guys, I'm totally new to the series of Marvel vs Capcom

played a little and totally not used to it even I think I'm quite decent in SFIV Volt

any tips on how to combo or air combo?

any advantage or disadvantage of 4 buttons layout and 6 buttons layout respectively?

tried out both and as I said I'm new

both don't mean much to me cos I'm just button mashing currently.

Apart from that, I also tried to make my favorite team. However, I'm disappointed with

Spidey and Wolverine. Currently Ryu and Venom are sure in. Any suggestion?

p/s: the battery drain issue is really terrible even in 3GS
Old 04-29-2012, 07:15 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

I was really excited about this game. I know, that fighting games on iOS are kind of special - hard to get used to - without real buttons. However Street Fighter IV and King of Fighters did an awesome job and showed how it's done right.

IMHO this game is a mediocre port. The menus aren't really touchscreen friendly (or just ugly) and there should be more options for the control layout. Like someone mentioned earlier. A mix between option 1 and 2 would be nice. It is really hard to get the full potential out of this game and the different play styles. Please take a look at a MvC2 video (from the EVO perhaps) and you now what I mean.

However this is an enjoyable game and the touch arcade review nailed it. 3 Stars is just fine. Perhaps we will see something more after Capcom but a little bit more love into the iOS version (Online Multiplayer, performance).