Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-22-2012, 05:33 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpacaLips View Post
I think it's time to mitigate for all the whining.

Everplay, thank you for creating a great game that people obviously care about instead of making another one of the 95% of app store offerings that serve no purpose except to make it hard to find gems like Spellsword.

Thank you for offering Spellsword at $0.99, even though to me, it is easily worth $2.99.

Thank you for continuing to provide free updates that keep the game interesting for me.

Thank you for considering creative ways to keep the project alive after its profitability waned, instead of just killing the project and moving on to the next flavor of the week.

Thank you for considering my interests in making the update by implementing IAPs as an option, rather than a requirement for experiencing all the game has to offer. I'm a grinder.

Thank you for listening to your users and participating in this forum, even though it means putting up with all kinds of unhelpful childishness.

Finally, lest readers think I'm under some kind of delusion that you've done all this just to be nice: Thank you for being smart capitalists--the kind who understand that to make money, you have to do what's best for the members of your current AND FUTURE market even though it isn't possible to please every individual.

Keep layin' down the code.
THANK YOU very much for such kind words. It is players like you that keep us going strong!

Truthfully, it was a very tough decision and one we wold make again under the circumstances, but the goal is for it to provide continual update rather than simply abandoning the game.

Thanks again!
Old 08-23-2012, 12:50 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Yes. At this point, they've really got nothing to lose. If they don't do something, they won't earn any money and the company could fail. If they do change the payment structure of the game, then they risk alienating their current fanbase, but they may then attract a lot of new gamers that might not have tried their game otherwise. Unfortunately, it's gamers like us at TA, who are willing to pay for a good gaming experience to enjoy an ad-free, IAP-free game, that pay the price for the developer's lack of success because we've invested in a game that now has ads and IAPs where there were none before. I really wish Apple wouldn't allow developers to do this, but then they may be limiting their own opportunity to make 30% of every sale, so that will never happen.

If it matters, I support Bool Zero's statements 100%; however, that opinion usually falls on deaf ears and the only people that respond are the fanboys. Shame, really.
Agreed. It's a dishonest practice that's becoming super common. Early adopters of Rune Raiders are the latest victims.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:40 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Just wanted to say thanks to Everplay for fixing iCade support. Only just discovered this improvement. Loving it!
Old 08-26-2012, 04:27 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowknife View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to Everplay for fixing iCade support. Only just discovered this improvement. Loving it!
;-) Happy to oblige!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:39 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

An update is in submission which revises the difficulty that some players have mentioned.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:45 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Well Left2die is the most recent game to go Free 2 play for Everplay, figured it would only be a matter of time
Old 09-17-2012, 12:57 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Spellgod cap?

Here's a suggestion: I don't know about other users, but I don't like having items that say "???????????" instead of telling me how to achieve the thing. I've completed all missions, I'm maxed on everything, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the Spellgod Cap.

Would be nice to know how.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x

Anyone know if this will be getting the iphone 5 update? I sure hope so because playing these games is hard to do without the widescreen support due to the buttons being closer to the middle of the screen.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:01 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
It went up to 99 cents now...thought it was F2P?
It used to be free, but not anymore. We tried doing it "all free" but we got a lot of hate compared to a paid download, so we are finally switching back.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:28 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Oh ok cool. It is a fun game though. Can't wait for the new games to show up
Thanks!

Once Ace of Blades comes out, we may make Spell Sword free again for a week or so.

Our next games are Rock Blocker, coming out early February followed by another much, much more hardcore arena game that will be announced Friday.