Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-26-2012, 12:21 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I cant resist runners. So here are some imps.

There's a nice comic intro in the beginning. Graphics are well done and sounds arent too bad either.

Gameplay is a standard runner, with red and blue walls as
Old 04-26-2012, 03:55 AM

This game is awesome yo! Although releasing your endless runner at the exact same time as jetpack joyride gets is update seems kind of...unlucky.

Anyway i'm loving both the artwork and the gameplay, sweetest looking game i've played in a while for sure. I anyone has any questions feel free to ask. The leaderboard is just ridiculously small atm so i need something else to do!
Old 04-26-2012, 04:01 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Even though it's just a buck, this was my main concern between all the purchases I made this week because... I dunno... I don't think any of us knew what to expect. I'm glad to say that this a pleasure to play. I don't know how long it's gonna feel fresh, but that artwork...it's ****ing gorgeous. It's definitely up there with the best looking runners. Doesn't even feel like you're playing a game when you get immersed in it.

EDIT: OK, this is quickly taking my time away from Spellsword, MVC2 and Ballistic. That little Michael Jackson/Billie Jean tribute not only sent chills down my spine the first time I heard and recognized it, but it won me over. This game is so, so, so ****ing good.

Last edited by metalcasket; 04-26-2012 at 04:47 AM..
Old 04-26-2012, 07:55 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I'm still torn by this. I guess I'm looking for a new runner that's just going to blow me away (and not just graphically) Something I couldn't play on my 2G (and, yes, I have Darkness Rush). And I still haven't found anything that's fresh and new in the genre. This just doesn't look like this fits that nagging need.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:00 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I like this a lot. It looks fantastic and really requires concentration, but it does not seem unfair. There is some good humor in it as well. Anybody who enjoys runners should check it out.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:16 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

There is slightly more to it than just the red and blue walls. I've only made it to building 4, but building 3 is your first slug boss that seems to shoot red/blue ghost like things at you that you have to punch. Not to mention the bonuses and coins and stuff that you have to get by swiping, since you can't just tap on it, it plays to our greedy side of "I want to collect everything" and before you know it you just grabbed a 2x bonus but ran into a wall. Plus to unlock items, which seems to give your score multiplier a permanent boost, you have to accomplish certain things like X perfect hits, grab X collectibles, make it to building whatever with however many kids left, or survive a level with no kids. These are also your gamecenter achievements so not only are you being an achievement whore but it helps you in game as well. I've gotta say from as much as I've played I absolutely love the game.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:19 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Send a message via Skype™ to biancamol

I definitely want to play it...love endless running games AND the trailer is so awesome!
Old 04-26-2012, 09:58 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I dunno why my post is cut off (was using iphone) but now im on the computer to complete my post.
----

I cant resist runners, so here are some imps.

THere's a nice comic intro in the beginning. Intro and gameplay graphics are well done, and sounds arent too bad either. Main character has lots of animations which is a nice touch.

Gameplay is a standard runner, with red and blue walls as the main obstacles rather than the usual obstacles to jump over or slide under, or the combat-esque enemies which can be gotten rid of with an attack button.

3 well timed attacks and you get into turbo mode which doesnt increase speed, but doubles the score earned for the duration. Turbo mode ends when you get hit.

There are random items floating occasionally and you need to swipe to gather. Items range from gold to points and to powerups mainly being multipliers or speed modifiers.

There are boss fights on some levels but ive only been able to fight one which requires a tapfest to complete.

Stages are split into "Buildings", but very similar to Tiny Wings' stages in design.

You initially have 3 lives represented by the children running with you. A child taken for each of your mistakes, with you being captured last for the game over.

Loads of missions on this one, also the same as the structure from Tiny Wings. More missions completed means higher score multipliers.

IAP is only for the impatient as everything can be bought with ingame cash. The grind is hard though, and it needs some serious grinding to get the permanent extra life upgrade.

This has been one of the recent runners that have taken my attention for quite a bit. Played for about two hours on one sitting. I like it a lot, but i can see this kind of system (blue/red walls) isnt exactly for everyone, and some'd find it boring.

Still, i'd recommend the game, but with a little bit of hesitation. If it helps make up your mind, this title can be compared with rComplex, but has none of its flaws.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

^^ Thanks for the impressions. Think I'll give it a try. I recently deleted the aforementioned Darkness Rush (one of my favorite runners) mainly because there was other games I wanted to try. (Wish DR wasn't so damn big )

Hopefully, this will at least give me something to give me my runner fix (until I play through somethings and put DR back on).
Old 04-26-2012, 11:12 AM
iPad Air

I hated it so much...

Deleted.