Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-26-2012, 08:31 AM
iPad Air, iOS 8.x

After having my fill of casual games, I didn't think I'd try this game out. But, the humor and smooth animation pulled me in. This is a fun 5-minute diversion with great entertainment value for the entire family. I appreciate the persistence of accumulated objectives that's were met and rolled over into the next play if we get smothered in snow in the previous level.

Some recommendations for future upgrades:
-Mini-map showing what's ahead, especially useful for upcoming cliffs

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 04-26-2012 at 03:01 PM..
Old 04-26-2012, 11:09 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I'm really enjoying this...fun, fast and good objectives to entice you into "just one more run". Doing crazy flips after being carried by an eagle for the first time was quite amusing...though I misjudged the angle of the slope when trying to land .

Anyone know if this is retina-enabled for the new iPad?
Old 04-26-2012, 04:12 PM

Acey : Not retina enabled yet, but we have an update in the pipe pretty soon. Will let you know when that's in the pipe.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Actually, this game is more fun than I initially thought, and have one question... how do you stay on top of a snow cloud? I can only go trough them but never stay on them
Old 04-26-2012, 06:20 PM

Frost : The trick is that you need to come in at a pretty flat angle to ski along the clouds - too steep and you'll just bust right through them.

We definitely think the game gets better once you get into it - we tuned the opening difficulty back and forward a lot, and it may be that we've left it too casual for the average Touch Arcade player. It definitely ramps up as you get better though, so hopefully people will keep pressing on and find the real core of the game opens up after a bit of play.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:26 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

@morganj Thanks for the tip... I agree on that here on TA gathers the "hardcorest" players of iOS anywhere so it might seem easy to some. Will try to reach further this game definitely deserves to be played extensively

Also, are you adding achievements to Ski Safari?

Last edited by TheFrost; 04-26-2012 at 07:51 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 04-26-2012, 07:55 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganj View Post
Acey : Not retina enabled yet, but we have an update in the pipe pretty soon. Will let you know when that's in the pipe.
So glad to hear this! It looks good on my iPad now but I'll eagerly await the retina goodness.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:56 PM

Come on, another game where Game Center achievements could be set up easily but not there. Everything is already there.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:07 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Impressions:

I really like it. I was afraid this might be on the childish side, but it definitely is not. The gameplay is smooth and polished; the animations are fun and engaging. The real sense of accomplishment with this game is the gratitude of pulling off a monster flip. You really have to time it just right, but once you land it...it's awesome. I pulled off my first triple flip, which fell into the risk/reward category. I had many failed attempts and was wondering if it was possible.

As I work my way further into the game, I am noticing what the developer was talking about earlier in the thread - it gets even better and more challenging. I found some hidden gems here and there. Can't wait to fully immerse myself into the core gameplay.

If you're on the fence with this one, I would encourage buying this whole-heartedly. The "just one more game" effect is very present in this game.

Hope this helps the skeptics...
Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by morganj View Post
Very much anticipating this retina update, in particular. I'm enjoying the game, but I want to play this in full resolution.