Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-25-2012, 02:44 PM
iPad Air, iOS 5.x

[redacted]

Last edited by Bad Hanson; 04-25-2012 at 04:01 PM..
Old 04-25-2012, 03:17 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Hey guys, dev here. Just wanted to clarify about the IAP. Absolutely everything non-cosmetic can be unlocked without paying for any IAP's. All three game modes, all five pieces, and two bonus color schemes. The only things that aren't included are some of the extra cosmetic color schemes.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:59 PM
iPad Air, iOS 5.x

Thanks for dropping in to clarify for us Whitaker. I'll be happy to buy the game on that basis there is clearly a proper in there after all. Good luck with it.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:00 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

I downloaded it last night, and i can't simply put it down! Very simple graphics, but really really amusing and challenging. A very good, and original title... imho
Old 04-25-2012, 04:09 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hanson View Post
Thanks for dropping in to clarify for us Whitaker. I'll be happy to buy the game on that basis there is clearly a proper in there after all. Good luck with it.
Thanks for the redaction . Your post made me realize that I should probably make that clearer in the description though. I'll update the app description!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:27 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Some cosmetic options (tile sets) can only be bought with more money.
So this apparently is untrue.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:57 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Cool beans!

The dev, Whitaker Blackall, was kind enough to give me a sneak peek and this game is a BLAST!

By closest comparison I'd liken it to something like "Space Loops" or the more recently released, "Lost Shapes" in that it is all about forming closed off forms but with a few novel twists:

1) You aren't simply placing pieces on the grid one at a time but sliding whole columns and rows of pieces. This is both brilliant and maddening at the same time as more often than not sliding 1 piece into a perfect position means your sliding 5 other pieces out of alignment!

2) These forms aren't pipes but solid amoeba like masses. The end shapes that can come about in this game are so zany and fun the game even makes a point to record each game's biggest piece with an option to post it to Twitter or save it to your photo album.

3) The game has a pretty cool unlock system. You start off with the one 2 minute timed mode and basic array of shapes. To unlock additional shapes and game modes you can grind (thankfully it only takes a small handful of games to unlock most of these items) or simply purchase them individually as $1 IAPs. The game offers a HUGE variety of skins which, as far as I can tell, are ONLY available as IAPs (no biggy to me as long as I can unlock all actual game components without cash).

Oh, and Whitaker wanted me to be sure to include this when discussing his game (if he hasn't already poked his head in by this point):

Facebook: facebook.com/polymerapp
Twitter: @wtrebella
Trailer: http://youtu.be/BbEJ3x4mI3M
Site: polymerapp.com
Old 04-25-2012, 05:29 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitakr View Post
Thanks for the redaction . Your post made me realize that I should probably make that clearer in the description though. I'll update the app description!
I sure hope you're looking into bringing this to the big screen (iPad) as well!
Old 04-25-2012, 05:36 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Hanson View Post
I don't understand. I said the exact same thing regarding the IAP as the dev. How did one statement make you cautious and the other reassure you?..
Old 04-25-2012, 05:40 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I don't understand. I said the exact same thing regarding the IAP as the dev. How did one statement make you cautious and the other reassure you?..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien
IAP is present. The important stuff can be unlocked through play, though I cannot yet say at what rate, and have to question if the decision to have only the one mode unlocked from the start was driven by desire for optimal player experience. Some cosmetic options (tile sets) can only be bought with more money.
It sounds kind of like a hunch like, "as far as I can tell at this point..." whereas hearing directly from the dev on such a matter is a little more definitive.