★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition By Feral Interactive Ltd

04-25-2012, 04:17 PM
#1
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,083
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Ultimate Edition By Feral Interactive Ltd





Last edited by goiMot; 04-25-2012 at 10:27 PM.
04-26-2012, 12:08 AM
#2
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: TARDIS
Posts: 69
Send a message via AIM to LN3000 Send a message via MSN to LN3000 Send a message via Yahoo to LN3000 Send a message via Skype™ to LN3000
I've been enjoying this game.
It sucks that developers/publishers won't work together more to allow ports like this to be given to people who've already purchased the game on Steam.

04-26-2012, 03:33 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN3000 View Post
I've been enjoying this game.
It sucks that developers/publishers won't work together more to allow ports like this to be given to people who've already purchased the game on Steam.
The Mac porter has to make money too, how do you suggest they do that if they give you the game?

Quite truthfully Steam for Mac is the worst port i have ever seen in 25 + years of using the Mac OS.... only lasted a week on my comp before i deleted it.
04-28-2012, 03:33 AM
#4
Sorry but the List of Developer that actually do release their Games for both Platform for one Price is bigger then you might actually believe.

http://store.steampowered.com/browse/mac/

It`s hard to tell if a Developer like Eidos or their Publisher Sqaure Enix is simple to greedy to release a Universal Build but I guess it does show at the End of the Day which Developer/Publisher should get a support and which don`t.
04-28-2012, 10:20 AM
#5
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: English Roundabout
Posts: 890
DX3 is pretty good - but I'd like to see an official port of the first Deus Ex for OSX so that I could play The Nameless Mod without having to boot to Windows. lol

Check out my band HEAVY JACK - SOME FREE MUSIC FOR DOWNLOAD

How can you live on the banks of a river when the floodwater pours from the mouth?
- Paul Simon
04-29-2012, 06:22 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Floss View Post
DX3 is pretty good - but I'd like to see an official port of the first Deus Ex for OSX so that I could play The Nameless Mod without having to boot to Windows. lol
There is an official port of the first Deux Ex. It came out about a year after the original game -- in fact, that's the one I played and fell in love with. Unfortunately it no longer works with Lion, since Apple finally removed PowerPC support from the operating system. I would love to see Deus Ex, Max Payne, Alice, Diablo 2 (among others) updated to work again on MacOS.
05-02-2012, 11:24 AM
#7
Joined: May 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3
Send a message via AIM to BLacK FirE
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
There is an official port of the first Deux Ex. It came out about a year after the original game -- in fact, that's the one I played and fell in love with. Unfortunately it no longer works with Lion, since Apple finally removed PowerPC support from the operating system. I would love to see Deus Ex, Max Payne, Alice, Diablo 2 (among others) updated to work again on MacOS.
If you have a snow leopard install CD you can still install rosetta and it may work. I ran into that problem when trying to install Final Cut 6, after installing rosetta I can run FCP6. I followed up with my upgrade disc to 7 tho, so I don't know how well it would have ran, but it's worked for other FCP users.

Debating about getting this, my only problem is my current pile of xbox games to play keeps building.
05-19-2012, 08:44 PM
#8
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 894
I was so happy to see this on the Mac App Store until I read the hardware requirements... My iMac 24" has the nvidia 9400M which is not supported. Damn.
Oh well, would have been a headache explaining to my wife why I would have kept locking myself into the storage room that has only space for standing next to the iMac! (only really keep iMac as media server for the apple tv)
05-22-2012, 04:30 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Floss View Post
DX3 is pretty good - but I'd like to see an official port of the first Deus Ex for OSX so that I could play The Nameless Mod without having to boot to Windows. lol
I've managed to get the original Deus Ex (purchased from GOG.com) working quite well with Wine. Took a lot of tinkering, though. I started with this wrapper, then I had to go find an updated renderer that somebody made and tweak an .ini file. Now it's running quite well. Just on my way to Vandenburg, and then I'll ascend to godhood and pay $50 to play the new game.